Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors? - Page 15

post #211 of 286

I've been looking on craigslist and have found these two postings. Any opinions?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/4326812605.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/4326843036.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/4321221216.html


Edited by Nimzerz - 2/10/14 at 12:18am
post #212 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 

I've been looking on craigslist and have found these two postings. Any opinions?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/4326812605.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/4326843036.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/4321221216.html

Energy's connoisseur line sounds awful. I don't think I've heard that set of ML, but I will say I love most of the stuff they make. I think Klipsch is one of the most over rated companies out there, not to mention you can buy a brand new set for the same price.

post #213 of 286

Oh wow, I had my hopes up on the connoisseur... Welp, back to looking around then lol

post #214 of 286
post #215 of 286
post #216 of 286
O.o did not see that coming. Sm450, arx a1b, focal chorus. A1x sure is hard to beat...
post #217 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

O.o did not see that coming. Sm450, arx a1b, focal chorus. A1x sure is hard to beat...

It is.

Just be careful you aren't getting caught up in decision remorse/buyer's remorse. It can drive you nuts. Sometimes it's better just to pull the trigger smily_headphones1.gif
post #218 of 286
I know what you mean. I can probably get a pair of definitive tech bp-10s for $300-350 tho. Would you say that's a great deal?
Edit: he said $400 for the pair. Would you guys take this deal?
Edited by Nimzerz - 2/10/14 at 8:59am
post #219 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

I know what you mean. I can probably get a pair of definitive tech bp-10s for $300-350 tho. Would you say that's a great deal?
Edit: he said $400 for the pair. Would you guys take this deal?

 

If you don't, I'd be interested in grabbing them, depending condition of course. I've been looking for a good pair of DefTech towers to turn my DefTech 5.1 into a 7.1. I was eyeing the BP7006 before. Wonder what shipping on those big guys would be.

post #220 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

I know what you mean. I can probably get a pair of definitive tech bp-10s for $300-350 tho. Would you say that's a great deal?
Edit: he said $400 for the pair. Would you guys take this deal?

Def Tech's bipolar series are more finicky about placement than your average tower because of the bipolar design. Be sure to research their setup and that you have the space/place for them.
post #221 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Def Tech's bipolar series are more finicky about placement than your average tower because of the bipolar design. Be sure to research their setup and that you have the space/place for them.


If I can't fit them in this room that I am in, I have a bigger room that I can move into in this home that should have more than enough space. Prob big enough for maggies too.

post #222 of 286

Def Techs are good for movies and gaming, but for music not so much, they can become very muddy quickly and like CEL4145 said, they are picky with placement. Focal is an awesome company, really can't go wrong with them. As for the KEF, one of my favorite brands, but saying that model came out in the mid 80's their surrounds are most likely dry rotted and need a recone. I'd stick with the Focal personally.

post #223 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by adupree View Post
 

Def Techs are good for movies and gaming, but for music not so much, they can become very muddy quickly and like CEL4145 said, they are picky with placement. Focal is an awesome company, really can't go wrong with them. As for the KEF, one of my favorite brands, but saying that model came out in the mid 80's their surrounds are most likely dry rotted and need a recone. I'd stick with the Focal personally.


Yeah I gathered the same conclusion with the Def Techs...that theyre better for gaming and HT. The Focal > Arx though? That's the only remaining options TBH

 

The KEF is actually known to be one highly regarded pair of speakers from back then and when repaired have some great sound. I looked it up yesterday when I saw that posting. Quite interesting TBH but yeah, unreliable = no go.


Edited by Nimzerz - 2/10/14 at 10:20am
post #224 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 


Yeah I gathered the same conclusion with the Def Techs...that theyre better for gaming and HT. The Focal > Arx though? That's the only remaining options TBH

Yep Focal is well reputed.

post #225 of 286

Can anyone think of a pair of used speakers that I should look up that would be better than these two options? I feel like I'd get more use of my money buying them used...saving me money and also saving the future money for when I want to sell these--little loss.

 

Any opinion on the Boston Acoustics VR-m50/m60?


Edited by Nimzerz - 2/10/14 at 10:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors?