Has anyone tried both of these headphones, and have any idea how they compare? A set of the V6s or the newer variants (can't remember the exact name of those) go for a lot less than the newer R1s, but I've seen some people saying that the V6 style is actually better. These would mostly be an at home set, used with my tablet. I'm willing to pay for the R1s, but if the V6s are better... I'll go for those! Which would I be better off with, assuming that I listen to a wide range of music without any sort of amplifiers or extra equipment? Or would I be better off with something else entirely?
Related Forum Threads
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- mdr-v6 or mdr-1r? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
seriously though, the V6 family of headphones (including http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755659-REG/Senal_SMH_1000_STUDIO_MONITOR_HEADPHONES.html) are the best general purpose cans on the market in terms of balanced package.
Hmmm… well, not sure if this will help you, but FWIW I have the 1R, and the V6's cousin, the 7506. The 1R's are very comfortable, but IMO are geared more towards lifestyle / mobile listening, with their remote, right-angle jacks, and low impedance. I use my 7506's a lot more - they're my at work cans, and I use them with a Dragonfly DAC & Vali amp (as well as the Beyer velour pads). I absolutely love the sound of these, and they're very affordable. They're just so classic & awesome. I use my 1R's at home usually when I can't use my open-back X1's, and they're pretty good (as i mentioned, very comfortable). I don't usually power them, but will use a DAC. They're good, but I think I enjoy my work rig more - keep in mind that's with a tube amp.
- Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New ALO Rx - IEM only - Portable Amplifier Impressions and... 13 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 42 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › IFI IDSD micro, wich headphones do you prefer to use with iDSD micro? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 6 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)