Has anyone tried both of these headphones, and have any idea how they compare? A set of the V6s or the newer variants (can't remember the exact name of those) go for a lot less than the newer R1s, but I've seen some people saying that the V6 style is actually better. These would mostly be an at home set, used with my tablet. I'm willing to pay for the R1s, but if the V6s are better... I'll go for those! Which would I be better off with, assuming that I listen to a wide range of music without any sort of amplifiers or extra equipment? Or would I be better off with something else entirely?
Related Forum Threads
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- mdr-v6 or mdr-1r? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- USD 250 CLOSED, CIRCUMAURAL , HEADPHONES, SINGLE CABLE ? Last post on 9/28/12 at 4:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
seriously though, the V6 family of headphones (including http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755659-REG/Senal_SMH_1000_STUDIO_MONITOR_HEADPHONES.html) are the best general purpose cans on the market in terms of balanced package.
Hmmm… well, not sure if this will help you, but FWIW I have the 1R, and the V6's cousin, the 7506. The 1R's are very comfortable, but IMO are geared more towards lifestyle / mobile listening, with their remote, right-angle jacks, and low impedance. I use my 7506's a lot more - they're my at work cans, and I use them with a Dragonfly DAC & Vali amp (as well as the Beyer velour pads). I absolutely love the sound of these, and they're very affordable. They're just so classic & awesome. I use my 1R's at home usually when I can't use my open-back X1's, and they're pretty good (as i mentioned, very comfortable). I don't usually power them, but will use a DAC. They're good, but I think I enjoy my work rig more - keep in mind that's with a tube amp.
- Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 53 seconds ago
- › Questions regarding Audio Power Output of Various Players. 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 7 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)