Has anyone tried both of these headphones, and have any idea how they compare? A set of the V6s or the newer variants (can't remember the exact name of those) go for a lot less than the newer R1s, but I've seen some people saying that the V6 style is actually better. These would mostly be an at home set, used with my tablet. I'm willing to pay for the R1s, but if the V6s are better... I'll go for those! Which would I be better off with, assuming that I listen to a wide range of music without any sort of amplifiers or extra equipment? Or would I be better off with something else entirely?
Related Forum Threads
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- mdr-v6 or mdr-1r? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- USD 250 CLOSED, CIRCUMAURAL , HEADPHONES, SINGLE CABLE ? Last post on 9/28/12 at 4:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
seriously though, the V6 family of headphones (including http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755659-REG/Senal_SMH_1000_STUDIO_MONITOR_HEADPHONES.html) are the best general purpose cans on the market in terms of balanced package.
Hmmm… well, not sure if this will help you, but FWIW I have the 1R, and the V6's cousin, the 7506. The 1R's are very comfortable, but IMO are geared more towards lifestyle / mobile listening, with their remote, right-angle jacks, and low impedance. I use my 7506's a lot more - they're my at work cans, and I use them with a Dragonfly DAC & Vali amp (as well as the Beyer velour pads). I absolutely love the sound of these, and they're very affordable. They're just so classic & awesome. I use my 1R's at home usually when I can't use my open-back X1's, and they're pretty good (as i mentioned, very comfortable). I don't usually power them, but will use a DAC. They're good, but I think I enjoy my work rig more - keep in mind that's with a tube amp.
- Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)