Has anyone tried both of these headphones, and have any idea how they compare? A set of the V6s or the newer variants (can't remember the exact name of those) go for a lot less than the newer R1s, but I've seen some people saying that the V6 style is actually better. These would mostly be an at home set, used with my tablet. I'm willing to pay for the R1s, but if the V6s are better... I'll go for those! Which would I be better off with, assuming that I listen to a wide range of music without any sort of amplifiers or extra equipment? Or would I be better off with something else entirely?
Related Forum Threads
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- mdr-v6 or mdr-1r? Last post on 1/19/13 at 7:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Detailed Closed Cans under (around) $300 Last post on 12/15/12 at 7:32am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
seriously though, the V6 family of headphones (including http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/755659-REG/Senal_SMH_1000_STUDIO_MONITOR_HEADPHONES.html) are the best general purpose cans on the market in terms of balanced package.
Hmmm… well, not sure if this will help you, but FWIW I have the 1R, and the V6's cousin, the 7506. The 1R's are very comfortable, but IMO are geared more towards lifestyle / mobile listening, with their remote, right-angle jacks, and low impedance. I use my 7506's a lot more - they're my at work cans, and I use them with a Dragonfly DAC & Vali amp (as well as the Beyer velour pads). I absolutely love the sound of these, and they're very affordable. They're just so classic & awesome. I use my 1R's at home usually when I can't use my open-back X1's, and they're pretty good (as i mentioned, very comfortable). I don't usually power them, but will use a DAC. They're good, but I think I enjoy my work rig more - keep in mind that's with a tube amp.
- Sony MDR-R1 vs Sony V6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... just now
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 50 seconds ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › Looking to get a USB DAC for around $300 1 minute ago
- › AKG 7xx vs. HD600 for female vocals 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › HD800 too bright for violin recordings 2 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)