or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60 - Page 12

post #166 of 582

iOS has access to much better, more powerful equalizers than the Android platform: Accudio, EQu, and Equalizer off the top of my head.

 

In absolute terms, speakers have a disadvantage and don't go as deep in bass extension compared to IEMs.

post #167 of 582

No, Tony and I are not talking about mid-bass. The mid-bass is fine out of the iPod Touch 5G. The sub-bass is completely absent. In fact, this type of sub-bass was not present on my other devices either until I installed Viper4Android. So, I had the 846 for months and didn't know its capability.

post #168 of 582
As a 846 owner...lets get back to speculating about W50/W60 :P

I was told by a customer service rep that the delay was likely customs. I am wondereing exactly where my soon to arrive W60's were made. Anyone know?

Thanks!
post #169 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post

As a 846 owner...lets get back to speculating about W50/W60 :P

I was told by a customer service rep that the delay was likely customs. I am wondereing exactly where my soon to arrive W60's were made. Anyone know?

Thanks!

If it is a custom's problem that means Westone is likely using a Chinese third party manufacturing company. Which would be a change, Westone used to manufacture all of their flagships in Colorado.
post #170 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

If it is a custom's problem that means Westone is likely using a Chinese third party manufacturing company. Which would be a change, Westone used to manufacture all of their flagships in Colorado.
I guess they switched to manufacturing in other nations for quite some time. Their previous flagship W4R was also manufactured in China. But it's no slouch in quality or sound wise. smily_headphones1.gif
post #171 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

I guess they switched to manufacturing in other nations for quite some time. Their previous flagship W4R was also manufactured in China. But it's no slouch in quality or sound wise. smily_headphones1.gif

True the W4r was manufactured in China but their CIEM (the ES50) which was their flagship at least cost wise are manufactured in Colorado. I am comparing the W60 to ES50 because while one a custom and one a universal IEM they are both priced at $1,000.
post #172 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

True the W4r was manufactured in China but their CIEM (the ES50) which was their flagship at least cost wise are manufactured in Colorado. I am comparing the W60 to ES50 because while one a custom and one a universal IEM they are both priced at $1,000.
I guess probably universal IEMs which can be produced via mass production techniques are all directed outside of USA nowadays.. Seems like a method to bank on comparative advantage but the prices are still levied on us, the consumers. frown.gif
post #173 of 582
Wow, low bass is a problem..why six drivers still can't provide enough bass
post #174 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinDe View Post

Wow, low bass is a problem..why six drivers still can't provide enough bass


What do you mean?

post #175 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollabilla View Post


What do you mean?
I saw someone said the bass of w60 is not enough, just want to want to know why:)
post #176 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinDe View Post


I saw someone said the bass of w60 is not enough, just want to want to know why:)

 

They don't know what their talking about, Westone know what they are doing I say.

post #177 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinDe View Post

I saw someone said the bass of w60 is not enough, just want to want to know why:)
Impressions on the W60 is out?
post #178 of 582
That's what I'm saying I had no knowledge of it releasing.
post #179 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinDe View Post

I saw someone said the bass of w60 is not enough, just want to want to know why:)
Where did you see that?
post #180 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollabilla View Post

Where did you see that?

I believe he's referring to post #173 right here in this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60