Originally Posted by beemarman
I started this thread not because of your high price but because of others as well. I just wanted to know what other members think. I didn't think it was illegal for me to ask for a discount or moan about high prices being charged.
You've been trying to sell that amp since last August and if you believe the price is right then good luck to you, but remember it's only worth what a buyer would pay and not what you think it's worth.
You keep saying you're giving 35% discount, how did you come to that conclusion? The amp is used, it a model that's been around since 2010.
I'll give you an example. Two years ago I bought a new car for £40000 and I sold it last month for £18000. That's less than 50% off what I paid for it. I wanted £25000 for it,but after trying to sell it for 4 months with no response from the advert I placed in the paper I decided to drop the price to £18000 and the car was then sold within 1 week. It's a fact of life, your item is only worth what somebody is willing to pay. It's the same with anything you want to sell.
The reason I've learnt from the above is not to ever buy a new car. I wish you all the best with your sell.
- Nobody said it was illegal, but a lot of sellers state in their ads that lowballers will be ignored. I'll remember to include that the next time I put something up for sale.
- I've been trying to sell it on and off since August but my original ad stated that I was only willing to ship within the UK. I had many offers from potential buyers in the EU which I turned down on account of the Conductor being a heavy unit. Since I've now expanded the shipping area to encompass the whole of the EU, I'm optimistic that I'll find a buyer soon. If not, I will further discount the Conductor or keep it for myself.
- I came to the conclusion that I was giving you a 35% discount on the logic that I offered you the Conductor for £980 - 35% cheaper than the new price of £1500.
- They have not been around since 2010. They were released in late 2012.
- The motor trade is another market altogether, subject to its own fluctuations.
- If I welcomed offers, you would have seen "Or Best Offer" in the ad. As it happens, I'm not averse to sensible offers, but you are on the hunt for bargains that don't exist.