or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Finally taking the plunge...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finally taking the plunge... - Page 2

post #16 of 46
Oh boy - if you think the SE215 has no bass, then I'll change my recommendation and say, yeah - go ahead and get the VModa. I found the SE215 to have more bass than many other IEMs in the same range. IMHO, the Momentum is more balanced than the SE215. This is a case where a frequency response graph might actually help:

post #17 of 46
Thread Starter 
Haha I stared at the graph for about 5 minutes but couldn't figure out what it meant. If the se215s were at the top of their class in bass then I definitely don't want another IEM.
post #18 of 46
Thread Starter 
The hd-25 seems to be a great hp. My only concern is that it is on ear. Does this in your opinion effect the overal quality? I especially like that these are much cheaper than the momentum. How do they compare in bass quality?
post #19 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

Do you guys think I'd be better off going with higher end IEMs? If so which kind.

get some full-sized cans, you won't regret it. IEMs are great and all, but they lack the soundstage and bass of comparably priced full-sized phones. As an owner of the Momentums I give them +1. If you only listen to bass-heavy and electronic music the M-100s may be a better option, but even for those genres the Momentums do not disappoint. Tight bass, crystal clear mids and highs, great entry-level audiophile purchase. + the ear cups are heavenly, you can wear them for 4-5 hours at a time without discomfort or treble fatigue. 

post #20 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post

The hd-25 seems to be a great hp. My only concern is that it is on ear. Does this in your opinion effect the overal quality? I especially like that these are much cheaper than the momentum. How do they compare in bass quality?

On-ear does not cater to sound isolation or comfort the way that full-sized do.

 

If your willing to spend 300 or so I'd check these out....

 

Sennheiser Momentums

VMODA M-100s

B&W P5s

PSB M4U 1

 

All of those are closed, full-sized, and generally reviewed to be good cans. 

post #21 of 46

^ yeah what he said

post #22 of 46
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys for your input. I went ahead and ordered the momentums. I think I'll be happy with them. Should be in by Thursday.

post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post
 

Thanks guys for your input. I went ahead and ordered the momentums. I think I'll be happy with them. Should be in by Thursday.

Be sure to let us know what you think of them :)

post #24 of 46
Thread Starter 

Will do. I'm pretty excited.

post #25 of 46

The Momentum is pretty much universally acclaimed and there's a good reason. I think you'll be happy with them. Btw, what color did you order? :)

post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 

I ordered the black (boring I know). I just love the red stitching. 

post #27 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post
 

I ordered the black (boring I know). I just love the red stitching. 

I don't think you can call any of the Momentums "boring" especially once you see them in person. As far as looks go they may be my favorite headphones of all time (again, in the design department). They all look great, but I have to say I am a fan of the moss green color scheme. :) 

post #28 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyDan View Post
 

I don't think you can call any of the Momentums "boring" especially once you see them in person. As far as looks go they may be my favorite headphones of all time (again, in the design department). They all look great, but I have to say I am a fan of the moss green color scheme. :) 

I agree and I haven't seen them in person yet as Best Buy didn't have a tester. I only said boring meaning generic as a lot of headphones are black. I think they are very sharp. I love the unusual looking retro design they have. 

post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachharpo View Post
 

I agree and I haven't seen them in person yet as Best Buy didn't have a tester. I only said boring meaning generic as a lot of headphones are black. I think they are very sharp. I love the unusual looking retro design they have. 

Again dude, just wait till you unbox them in person. I've never had headphones "wow" me during unboxing quite like the Momentum. 

post #30 of 46
Thread Starter 

Do you recommend using a portable amp with these headphones? Would a cheap amp add anything to the sound?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Finally taking the plunge...