The decay of the cannons in 1812 Overture?
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamics Earpads DIscussion Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- For Sale: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 250 Ohms OR Shure SRH840 Last post on 11/28/13 at 1:47pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 2/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it worth upgrading from a Shure SRH-840 to a Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 Ohm)? Last post on 8/14/13 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Why are some headphones more expensive than others? - Page 4post #46 of 1071/6/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1071/6/14 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Mostly songs featuring a trumpet, piano, or guitar part, but other than that, no. I still believe that my earpods are great, and could compete with my SRH840's in terms of sound quality. It's just so hard to justify the SRH840's because of this reason.post #48 of 1071/6/14 at 3:34pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1071/6/14 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #50 of 1071/6/14 at 4:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by SonusAudio
I have heard the HD800 out of the O2/ODAC which drives them as objectively good as they can get. Incredible sound quality. However when I go back to lower priced headphones like the Sennheiser Momentum and/or NAD Viso HP50, the enjoyment factor increases because they have the sound signature suitable for my genre preferences. The HD800 is a technical beast, however in real world applications, It doesn't work out well with DnB, Trance, etc...
In the end, sound signature is more important than sound quality for me.
Have you tried a Beats Pro?
Edited by pdrm360 - 1/6/14 at 4:44pmpost #51 of 1071/6/14 at 5:08pm
I think a lot of it is marketing and hype and getting what the market will pay for the product. The backlash against the Abyss ($1000 cables? come on...) and Ultrasone in general (ED8 and ED10...good luck getting half of what they retail for in the used market) and even the HD700 (almost a 50% price cut recently) are examples of badly priced products. I find Audeze headphones ridiculously overpriced outside of the LCD-2, but there is a market for them here, so they continue to do well.
One could wonder the same about amps and DAC's as well. I have trouble going above $1000 for a single component, unless it is truly revered (such as the SR-009 or the HD800, although HD800 has issues of its own). I have listened to $1500-$2000 amps and come away unimpressed. DAC's in particular, I have my doubts whether you actually get more if you spend more.post #52 of 1071/6/14 at 5:14pmQuote:
Perhaps not. What you call slight is what some people spend tons of money to get. The whole Head-Fi thing may just not be for you. It's ok.post #53 of 1071/6/14 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by JR4599638
Sorry, your post offended me a little. I am too a musician, I have been playing guitar and piano since I was 5 and 7, trumpet, clarinet, trombone, and euphonium in school bands since 10. I still play and practice these instruments, so I must have a musically inclined ear as well. Still, I can't determine any differences in quality or detail in my SRH840's, WS55's, or apple earpods.
I too have been playing many instruments for a long time, but that does that do automatically have "musically inclined" ears
sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between headphones
best to try to visit audio stores or shows to get a sense of what really good equipment sounds like
before i got into this, first time I tried kplisch s4 I was amazed, coming from apple earbudspost #54 of 1071/6/14 at 5:44pmpost #55 of 1071/6/14 at 5:52pmQuote:
For the most part, unless the headphones are really bad, you won't be able to hear things on one headphone and not another. It actually would depend a great deal on the quality of the recording as well. This is all what I've found in my experience anyway, but for me it's more of a question of clarity and enjoyment, not as much about being able to hear things on one set that you can't on the other, although I will say the first time I listened to the DT880s through a good pre-amp I felt that I could hear a lot of textural details that I couldn't before.
This was already discussed, read the thread. I was under the impression that iTunes used MP3 256 as I am not an iTunes user, and the last time I was that was the file that downloaded.post #56 of 1071/6/14 at 6:26pmQuote:
Got you. Just a suggestion, try a Philips Fidelio X1 when you get a chance. they are great phones for the price and I think you will like them.post #57 of 1071/6/14 at 7:14pmQuote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kD6fcH58_U here you can hear the timbales and the guitar way more clear with the shures
Edited by wphantom - 1/6/14 at 7:15pmpost #58 of 1071/6/14 at 7:18pmpost #59 of 1071/6/14 at 7:34pm
- Why are some headphones more expensive than others?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 10 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 15 seconds ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 19 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 48 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Can the Shure se846's be the last pair I buy? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Hearing absolutely no USB noise at all - is this normal? 3 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3