The decay of the cannons in 1812 Overture?
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamics Earpads DIscussion Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- For Sale: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 250 Ohms OR Shure SRH840 Last post on 11/28/13 at 1:47pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 4/6/16 at 12:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it worth upgrading from a Shure SRH-840 to a Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 Ohm)? Last post on 8/14/13 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Why are some headphones more expensive than others? - Page 4post #46 of 1071/6/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1071/6/14 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Mostly songs featuring a trumpet, piano, or guitar part, but other than that, no. I still believe that my earpods are great, and could compete with my SRH840's in terms of sound quality. It's just so hard to justify the SRH840's because of this reason.post #48 of 1071/6/14 at 3:34pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1071/6/14 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #50 of 1071/6/14 at 4:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by SonusAudio
I have heard the HD800 out of the O2/ODAC which drives them as objectively good as they can get. Incredible sound quality. However when I go back to lower priced headphones like the Sennheiser Momentum and/or NAD Viso HP50, the enjoyment factor increases because they have the sound signature suitable for my genre preferences. The HD800 is a technical beast, however in real world applications, It doesn't work out well with DnB, Trance, etc...
In the end, sound signature is more important than sound quality for me.
Have you tried a Beats Pro?
Edited by pdrm360 - 1/6/14 at 4:44pmpost #51 of 1071/6/14 at 5:08pm
I think a lot of it is marketing and hype and getting what the market will pay for the product. The backlash against the Abyss ($1000 cables? come on...) and Ultrasone in general (ED8 and ED10...good luck getting half of what they retail for in the used market) and even the HD700 (almost a 50% price cut recently) are examples of badly priced products. I find Audeze headphones ridiculously overpriced outside of the LCD-2, but there is a market for them here, so they continue to do well.
One could wonder the same about amps and DAC's as well. I have trouble going above $1000 for a single component, unless it is truly revered (such as the SR-009 or the HD800, although HD800 has issues of its own). I have listened to $1500-$2000 amps and come away unimpressed. DAC's in particular, I have my doubts whether you actually get more if you spend more.post #52 of 1071/6/14 at 5:14pmQuote:
Perhaps not. What you call slight is what some people spend tons of money to get. The whole Head-Fi thing may just not be for you. It's ok.post #53 of 1071/6/14 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by JR4599638
Sorry, your post offended me a little. I am too a musician, I have been playing guitar and piano since I was 5 and 7, trumpet, clarinet, trombone, and euphonium in school bands since 10. I still play and practice these instruments, so I must have a musically inclined ear as well. Still, I can't determine any differences in quality or detail in my SRH840's, WS55's, or apple earpods.
I too have been playing many instruments for a long time, but that does that do automatically have "musically inclined" ears
sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between headphones
best to try to visit audio stores or shows to get a sense of what really good equipment sounds like
before i got into this, first time I tried kplisch s4 I was amazed, coming from apple earbudspost #54 of 1071/6/14 at 5:44pmpost #55 of 1071/6/14 at 5:52pmQuote:
For the most part, unless the headphones are really bad, you won't be able to hear things on one headphone and not another. It actually would depend a great deal on the quality of the recording as well. This is all what I've found in my experience anyway, but for me it's more of a question of clarity and enjoyment, not as much about being able to hear things on one set that you can't on the other, although I will say the first time I listened to the DT880s through a good pre-amp I felt that I could hear a lot of textural details that I couldn't before.
This was already discussed, read the thread. I was under the impression that iTunes used MP3 256 as I am not an iTunes user, and the last time I was that was the file that downloaded.post #56 of 1071/6/14 at 6:26pmQuote:
Got you. Just a suggestion, try a Philips Fidelio X1 when you get a chance. they are great phones for the price and I think you will like them.post #57 of 1071/6/14 at 7:14pmQuote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kD6fcH58_U here you can hear the timbales and the guitar way more clear with the shures
Edited by wphantom - 1/6/14 at 7:15pmpost #58 of 1071/6/14 at 7:18pmpost #59 of 1071/6/14 at 7:34pm
- Why are some headphones more expensive than others?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 13 seconds ago
- › Flang V5 Hifi Portable Loseless Music Player impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...