The decay of the cannons in 1812 Overture?
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamics Earpads DIscussion Last post on 12/8/13 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- For Sale: Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 250 Ohms OR Shure SRH840 Last post on 11/28/13 at 1:47pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 2/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is it worth upgrading from a Shure SRH-840 to a Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600 Ohm)? Last post on 8/14/13 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Why are some headphones more expensive than others? - Page 4post #46 of 1071/6/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1071/6/14 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Mostly songs featuring a trumpet, piano, or guitar part, but other than that, no. I still believe that my earpods are great, and could compete with my SRH840's in terms of sound quality. It's just so hard to justify the SRH840's because of this reason.post #48 of 1071/6/14 at 3:34pmThread Starterpost #49 of 1071/6/14 at 4:37pmThread Starterpost #50 of 1071/6/14 at 4:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by SonusAudio
I have heard the HD800 out of the O2/ODAC which drives them as objectively good as they can get. Incredible sound quality. However when I go back to lower priced headphones like the Sennheiser Momentum and/or NAD Viso HP50, the enjoyment factor increases because they have the sound signature suitable for my genre preferences. The HD800 is a technical beast, however in real world applications, It doesn't work out well with DnB, Trance, etc...
In the end, sound signature is more important than sound quality for me.
Have you tried a Beats Pro?
Edited by pdrm360 - 1/6/14 at 4:44pmpost #51 of 1071/6/14 at 5:08pm
I think a lot of it is marketing and hype and getting what the market will pay for the product. The backlash against the Abyss ($1000 cables? come on...) and Ultrasone in general (ED8 and ED10...good luck getting half of what they retail for in the used market) and even the HD700 (almost a 50% price cut recently) are examples of badly priced products. I find Audeze headphones ridiculously overpriced outside of the LCD-2, but there is a market for them here, so they continue to do well.
One could wonder the same about amps and DAC's as well. I have trouble going above $1000 for a single component, unless it is truly revered (such as the SR-009 or the HD800, although HD800 has issues of its own). I have listened to $1500-$2000 amps and come away unimpressed. DAC's in particular, I have my doubts whether you actually get more if you spend more.post #52 of 1071/6/14 at 5:14pmQuote:
Perhaps not. What you call slight is what some people spend tons of money to get. The whole Head-Fi thing may just not be for you. It's ok.post #53 of 1071/6/14 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by JR4599638
Sorry, your post offended me a little. I am too a musician, I have been playing guitar and piano since I was 5 and 7, trumpet, clarinet, trombone, and euphonium in school bands since 10. I still play and practice these instruments, so I must have a musically inclined ear as well. Still, I can't determine any differences in quality or detail in my SRH840's, WS55's, or apple earpods.
I too have been playing many instruments for a long time, but that does that do automatically have "musically inclined" ears
sometimes I have a hard time distinguishing between headphones
best to try to visit audio stores or shows to get a sense of what really good equipment sounds like
before i got into this, first time I tried kplisch s4 I was amazed, coming from apple earbudspost #54 of 1071/6/14 at 5:44pmpost #55 of 1071/6/14 at 5:52pmQuote:
For the most part, unless the headphones are really bad, you won't be able to hear things on one headphone and not another. It actually would depend a great deal on the quality of the recording as well. This is all what I've found in my experience anyway, but for me it's more of a question of clarity and enjoyment, not as much about being able to hear things on one set that you can't on the other, although I will say the first time I listened to the DT880s through a good pre-amp I felt that I could hear a lot of textural details that I couldn't before.
This was already discussed, read the thread. I was under the impression that iTunes used MP3 256 as I am not an iTunes user, and the last time I was that was the file that downloaded.post #56 of 1071/6/14 at 6:26pmQuote:
Got you. Just a suggestion, try a Philips Fidelio X1 when you get a chance. they are great phones for the price and I think you will like them.post #57 of 1071/6/14 at 7:14pmQuote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kD6fcH58_U here you can hear the timbales and the guitar way more clear with the shures
Edited by wphantom - 1/6/14 at 7:15pmpost #58 of 1071/6/14 at 7:18pmpost #59 of 1071/6/14 at 7:34pm
- Why are some headphones more expensive than others?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › cables are placebo 2 minutes ago
- › Looking For Some New Headphones $300-$500 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations appreciated 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 7 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › I use glasses. Should I get the beyer 880 dt 250 ohm pro (more... 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)