Another approach is to buy at least 2-3 cheap adapters each and find the best sounding one. :-)
I hope Chord will release some cables specifically for Hugo in the future.
I have 2 questions for the (happy) owners of the HUGO:
- what is your feeling about the built in "Crossfeed filter" or DSP.... whatever they call it ? Does it bring any positive SQ upgrade or is it a gadget...
- Has someone compared the 2 digital in: Toshlink & COAX ? Does one sound better than the other ?
Thanks in advance
To add to bmichels questions, and bear in mind I am new to all of this newfangled technology so humor me:
1. Would it be useful/possible to add an amp such as ALO RX3 to a portable system with the Chord Hugo? (want to drive planar headphones)
2. Given it needs a player, would adding the aforementioned setup to an A&K120 or other similar player be overkill?
Did any one compared the HUGO against the AK240 ? I need to buy one of those 2. ( I have TH-900 & Roxane )
So my Choice are :
- My AK100 > Hugo (crapy AK100 UI, but..."may be" better SQ than the AK240 alone ??)
- AK240 alone (With the AK240 I will use it's balanced Out since my TH-900 is wired Balanced)
( I can't wait April for Calyx M...that will more likely be available in Europe in June/july)
lets be honest here... as long as you've got a clean signal (lossless, hi-res, DSD) into the Hugo be it a phone DAP, laptop/PC nothing on the market today will come close SQ wise.
Although it's a more produced album, you might also like Eddi Reader's 'Mirmama'
that name brings back memories 'Fairground Attraction', used to really like that band but the constant playing of Perfect on radio-stations put me right off them (talking back in the day here)
listened to the first couple of tracks of Mirmama on Spotify and bought the album, Mython thanks for reminding me what a great voice Eddi has.
this track is sublime 'Sandy Denny - Who Knows Where The Time Goes'... one of my all time favourite songs, the older I get, the more poignant the lyrics become.
I believe someone who have both indicated that Hugo has better SQ wise. I am also looking for more impression on Hugo.
Announcement from Noble Audio:-
Chord Hugo – European Release Bristol Hi-Fi Show (UK) – 21st-23rd February
Noble Audio is proud to announce that the 8C and K10 CIEMs, as well as select products from Audeze and KEF, will be demonstrated with the sensational new Chord Hugo portable DAC/AMP at the ‘official’ European launch. Chord will unveil the Hugo at The Bristol Show, UK’s premier & largest hi-fi event.
The Bristol Show link: http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/
The launch of the Hugo marks Chord’s first foray into portable high fidelity audio. As industry leaders of DAC & Amplifier technology, the Hugo makes true reference quality audio portable for the first time.
Noble would like to wish Chord Electronics great success with the official Hugo launch at Bristol and are looking forward to collaborating further in the future.