or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Sasaki › CHORD HUGO preview report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CHORD HUGO preview report - Page 9

post #121 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post


My wallet always says no, but somehow in early mornings I find myself waking up, I manage somehow half sleep make the order and than go back to an hour nap before work only to wake up wondering what just happened.

 

Sleep-surfing...

post #122 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I wonder how to send music via bluetooth. Will u need a special app on cellphone?

 

I'll email them & ask for you.

 

Had to speak to Chord  today as they have my ZX1 and I'm sending some cables to them which hopefully will connect the ZX1 to the Hugo... they are real helpful so you can expect their Customer-Service to be top notch, my contact did let it slip that they have been inundated with 100's of orders.

 

 

Jude's photo...

 

think I'll be using a small bag to carry around the Hugo & ZX1... be interesting to know what those straps are.

post #123 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I wonder how to send music via bluetooth. Will u need a special app on cellphone?

A good question, but I guess not.

post #124 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post


My wallet always says no, but somehow in early mornings I find myself waking up, I manage somehow half sleep make the order and than go back to an hour nap before work only to wake up wondering what just happened.

 

 

I'd call that '$133-ping²'    :biggrin: 

post #125 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Better unsub before making under rushed purchase.

Read your post too late I am afraid.. just preordered a Hugo for myself after reading in another thread that houndreds have done the same..
It may not be entierly true yet though, but at least I took the bait.. wink.gif
post #126 of 519

May I suggest 1 thing. Why do we have 2 Hugo threads? It is difficult to follow. I believe this one was the first one. Maybe mods can do something about it? Move the other threads posts in here and lock it so when we need to follow Chord Hugo news, we don't have to bother with checking 2 threads and all?

post #127 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

May I suggest 1 thing. Why do we have 2 Hugo threads? It is difficult to follow. I believe this one was the first one. Maybe mods can do something about it? Move the other threads posts in here and lock it so when we need to follow Chord Hugo news, we don't have to bother with checking 2 threads and all?

I have been thinking the same.. but this thread is under bloggers forums, and not under the equipment forums..
But what is this Hugo thing anyway.. it is not a DAP, but is it a portable amp or a portable DAC? Maybe a thread under each category? wink.gif
(I do not believe that I have seen a DAC/AMP category)
post #128 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtEcH View Post


I have been thinking the same.. but this thread is under bloggers forums, and not under the equipment forums..
But what is this Hugo thing anyway.. it is not a DAP, but is it a portable amp or a portable DAC? Maybe a thread under each category? wink.gif
(I do not believe that I have seen a DAC/AMP category)


Source probably, I seen dac/amp devices under source section. I am sure mods can find the perfect way to handle but I say it, checking 2 threads is not really something. The same happened with Centrance M8 too, it is rather confusing for the people who is interested in the product.

post #129 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

I'll email them & ask for you.

 

thank you! so you have ordered already? I called local distro..  they are not sure when it will be released and said probably end Jan....

post #130 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

thank you! so you have ordered already? I called local distro..  they are not sure when it will be released and said probably end Jan....

Chord told me that they would start shipping in the beginning of February, and others have reported delivery dates in mid February in England.. and I have been told it will be late February in Scandinavia.. in this regard delivery in Hong Kong in the end of January seems a bit optimistic. But then again.. I don't even know where they will be shipping from. If the factory is in Hong Kong, you may be first in line. biggrin.gif
post #131 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtEcH View Post


Chord told me that they would start shipping in the beginning of February, and others have reported delivery dates in mid February in England.. and I have been told it will be late February in Scandinavia.. in this regard delivery in Hong Kong in the end of January seems a bit optimistic. But then again.. I don't even know where they will be shipping from. If the factory is in Hong Kong, you may be first in line. biggrin.gif


LoL, I only wish but my wallet may not be with me yet...sigh....  Not ready to dig that deep in my saving wallet...

probably will try to demo first before making this purchase also

post #132 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


LoL, I only wish but my wallet may not be with me yet...sigh....  Not ready to dig that deep in my saving wallet...
probably will try to demo first before making this purchase also

Yes, it is a lot of money.. and thought of listening first.. but.. I am weak.. and I believe that ALL advertisements are telling the truth and nothing but the truth so help me.. or sometjing like that.. anyway.. ended up preordering..

Found this on a website:
"While I did give Hugo a brief listen with some Sennheiser 'phones, Hugo - You take it where ever..., and it filled my head with a lovely symphony of sound, I was able to take one where ever I went and will be reporting on the Hugo in the near future."

I am hoping that he actually liked the sound so much that he bought the Hugo right there.. and that I wan't be dissapointed. smily_headphones1.gif
post #133 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I wonder how to send music via bluetooth. Will u need a special app on cellphone?

 

Chord's response.... No special app is needed. You just pair with Hugo and your phone detects it as an audio device so you can transmit audio. So on the iPhone go to settings, bluetooth. Wait for the iPhone to detect Hugo and then pair with it using the pairing code 0000. Once connected all music you play from your phone will go to Hugo.

post #134 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

thank you! so you have ordered already? I called local distro..  they are not sure when it will be released and said probably end Jan....

 

Feb is the muted release... I haven't ordered yet as I'm waiting on the outcome of ZX1 but I am seriously considering one.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtEcH View Post


Chord told me that they would start shipping in the beginning of February, and others have reported delivery dates in mid February in England.. and I have been told it will be late February in Scandinavia.. in this regard delivery in Hong Kong in the end of January seems a bit optimistic. But then again.. I don't even know where they will be shipping from. If the factory is in Hong Kong, you may be first in line. biggrin.gif

 

Chord are just down the road from me, they have lovely premises where they make their gear http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/chord-pumphouse.asp... don't expect camel delivery from some manufacturing plant in Timbuktu. :wink_face:

 

I have no real connection to Chord but they are doing me a massive favour by seeing what can be done with my Walkman's as I may switch from physical music to pc-based... if I do the Hugo will be the first link in the chain, then I'll have to decide on a dedicated pc with humongous storage or get a nifty hard-drive if I decide to get technical.

post #135 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOtEcH View Post


Yes, it is a lot of money.. and thought of listening first.. but.. I am weak.. and I believe that ALL advertisements are telling the truth and nothing but the truth so help me.. or sometjing like that.. anyway.. ended up preordering..

 

compared to Darth-Vaders offspring (AK240) it's the bargain of the century imo... apart from that well said M'Lud, reputation is evidence enough.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sasaki
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Sasaki › CHORD HUGO preview report