Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire - Page 7

post #91 of 123
Thread Starter 
And the listening has started :-)
post #92 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

And the listening has started :-)

how is it? :p

post #93 of 123
Thread Starter 
I have started with the recabled Ultrasone Signature Pro which is a new phone to me. It sounds fantastic but as I don't know the stock sound I can't say wich is phone and wich is wire. I'll get round to the HE-500 cable later
post #94 of 123

I am a recent customer of Craig's having bought the non-OM TWagv3 for my Westone 4R IEMs in Jan '14.  

 

First, I want to distinguish between "OM" and no-OM" using pics as there seems to be a bit of confusion remaining.   

 

Here's OM:

 

 

Here's the non-OM:

 

 

Second, my personal customer service experience was excellent - as good as I have had dealing with other "larger" head-fi vendors, such as CEntrance and Moon Audio, and clearly better than other small shops, such as  A Pure Sound.  E-mails were promptly responded to, everything shipped per Craig's schedule and the cable arrived well packaged and in excellent shape.

 

Third, re:  sound quality, I found the improvement in sound quality over the stock cable substantial - a WOW.  I also had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM v1.0 for use with the Westone 4R IEMs.  In comparison, I found the TWag v3.0 offered (a) better "head stage", placing the instruments in space more concretely; (b) warmer, more palpable mids; and (c) very clear highs that exploded, shimmered and then decayed more realistically without glare or harshness. 

 

To describe scale of the differences between Moon and Whiplash, I would say these are noticeable differences, certainly not minute, but not overwhelming.  The bass between the two was basically a draw. 

 

Now the Moon Audio IEM cables was $195 as I configured it, while Craig's was $340. 

 

Hope this helps.

 

Brent

post #95 of 123

Hello,  I'm looking to replace my BTG Starlight TG334 cables for one of these.  

The website gives me an option for the 'Fitear Cardas Connectors' - is that the connector pin for the 334s?

Kind of seems obvious but I just want to make sure.

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/new-flagship-twau-reference-gold-plated-silver.html

 

Also considering the 8 conductors but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $400.. would there be that much of an improvement over the 4 conductors?

My gear is RWAK100-S through Corda Quickstep with Toxic Cable Silver Widow mini to mini.  

 

Thanks in advance.  

post #96 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboson View Post
 

Hello,  I'm looking to replace my BTG Starlight TG334 cables for one of these.  

The website gives me an option for the 'Fitear Cardas Connectors' - is that the connector pin for the 334s?

Kind of seems obvious but I just want to make sure.

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/new-flagship-twau-reference-gold-plated-silver.html

 

Also considering the 8 conductors but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $400.. would there be that much of an improvement over the 4 conductors?

My gear is RWAK100-S through Corda Quickstep with Toxic Cable Silver Widow mini to mini.  

 

Thanks in advance.  

 

I believe these are the Cardas connectors.  Your Starlight has the overmolds.  My cable is silver, not gold, so I can't comment on the sound improvement of 8 vs 4 with the gold. I do know my 8  connector silver shocked me with the extra bass and depth it presented over the Starlight (which is a fine cable). 8 is a lot of cable if portability and packing in a case is a concern, but man, it is awesome looking.

 

post #97 of 123

Any plans to release the new Twau with Shure connectors? This options doesn't appear to be available from the website.

post #98 of 123

Thanks for your input fiascogarcia.  Just ordered one with the 4 conductors :)

post #99 of 123

Got a couple of PMs on my post.  Just to be clear, I have sold all my Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1.0 IEMs and replaced them with TWag v3.  I clearly preferred the TWag 3.0, I just wanted to offer some perspective on degree of difference - which is significant. 

post #100 of 123

Ordered the Twau ref with a 2.5mm balanced plug to be used with my 1+2 and AK240 about 2 weeks ago. Really looking forward to receiving them.

post #101 of 123
Looking forward to hear impressions about this ak240 & twau combo. I'm using the ak120 with ue18 and twau and the cable really improved SQ after the stock cables were replaced. Actually I was not so happy with my ue's and the twau changed this.
post #102 of 123

I have demoed an AK240 with my 8-wire TwAu recabled TG334 and my goodness the clarity is just pristine. The TG is already a very transparent IEM, but with the TwAu, the transparency's been upped by a notch.And the best that I noticed is the still smooth, but glimmering and sparkling highs now. I had the stock 001 and the ALO SXC24. This is just another level. Worth the upgrade. Do note that I was using unbalanced with this one. Wonder how much more the balanced will sound with the AK240. :)

post #103 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard14ph View Post
 

I have demoed an AK240 with my 8-wire TwAu recabled TG334 and my goodness the clarity is just pristine. The TG is already a very transparent IEM, but with the TwAu, the transparency's been upped by a notch.And the best that I noticed is the still smooth, but glimmering and sparkling highs now. I had the stock 001 and the ALO SXC24. This is just another level. Worth the upgrade. Do note that I was using unbalanced with this one. Wonder how much more the balanced will sound with the AK240. :)


how long did you have to wait to get your cable?

post #104 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


how long did you have to wait to get your cable?
The site said 5-6 weeks, but since I ordered them from a dealer here in singapore, I got them in less than 2 weeks. I was quite surprised that it got here that fast.
post #105 of 123
Thread Starter 
My delivery time was about 6 weeks but my order included a full dual entry recabling for the Ultrasone Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire