Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › 4 pin female xlr to 1/4 inch adapter ??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4 pin female xlr to 1/4 inch adapter ??

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

i'm looking for a 4 pin female xlr to 1/4 inch adapter,

i have a hifiman HE-5LE, i have both the balanced and single ended cables, and i've seen plenty of 3 pin female xlr to 1/4" adapters

but no 4 pin female xlr to 1/4" .

am i just not looking in the right place, or is this not possible for some reason? (yes, i'm a little technically challenged)

post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i'm looking for a 4 pin female xlr to 1/4 inch adapter,

i have a hifiman HE-5LE, i have both the balanced and single ended cables, and i've seen plenty of 3 pin female xlr to 1/4" adapters

but no 4 pin female xlr to 1/4" .

am i just not looking in the right place, or is this not possible for some reason? (yes, i'm a little technically challenged)

 

Hi, a lot of custom cable makers nowadays make 4 pin xlr to 1/4 input. I just ordered one from Toxic cables myself.

 

I don't have the product yet so I cannot give you a first hand impression but a lot of positive feedback for Toxic cables from other headfiers.

post #3 of 9

Yes you can make a dual 3pin to 1/4" converter as well as a 4pin to 1/4" converter.  That also means you can make a dual 3 pin to 4 pin converter as well.  The only thing you can't do is convert single ended to balanced but you can convert balanced to single ended.  

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelbelow View Post
 

 

Hi, a lot of custom cable makers nowadays make 4 pin xlr to 1/4 input. I just ordered one from Toxic cables myself.

 

I don't have the product yet so I cannot give you a first hand impression but a lot of positive feedback for Toxic cables from other headfiers.


yeah, i plan on getting one from a custom cable maker, when i decide on which one to go with, i was i was just kinda looking for a cheap one that would ship pretty fast

i had emailed toxic a couple of weeks ago, asking if they shipped to the U.S., and haven't gotten a response

post #5 of 9
Is there such a thing as a 1/4in female to 4-pin male adapter?
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambosenior View Post

Is there such a thing as a 1/4in female to 4-pin male adapter?


the answer for this question is likely to be the same as for my question i'm guessing it could be made

i saw on your profile you have a HE-5LE, it is a great headphone ! i just got mine a couple of weeks ago

post #7 of 9
I agree with your verdict on the 5LE. A GREAT headphone.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambosenior View Post

Is there such a thing as a 1/4in female to 4-pin male adapter?

 

If by this you mean you want to take a single-ended cable and make it work as 4pin balanced, then no. 

 

Basically, you can make a balanced cable (either 2x3pin or 4pin) work as single-ended with an adapter, but you can't make a single-ended cable balanced.

post #9 of 9
I have one for sale here if anyone else needs one. http://www.head-fi.org/t/680552/fs-pailiccs-xlr-to-6-3mm-adapter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › 4 pin female xlr to 1/4 inch adapter ??