Which of the 2 headphones LCD-X rated 22 ohms & 96 db or TH-900 rated 25 ohms & 100 db will sound louder at a given volume ? Or which will be easier to drive ? I know the lower the impedance the easier, and the higher the sensitivity , also the easier, but combining both, or calculating that , I don't know how to figure it out . Thanks
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 1/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Fostex TH-600/900 replacement pads? Last post on Today at 8:21 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else Last post on 9/12/14 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 as capable for low volume listening and PRAT than a RS1 ? Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900 for sale Last post on 8/6/14 at 12:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 Last post on Today at 9:48 am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which headphone among these two will sound louder at same position volume knob ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks, but why would I be wasting money with both headphones ?
-"First off, I am going to reiterate a point which I have made in several other articles since many of our readers are not familiar with the audiophile world when it comes to sound quality. With high end audio equipment, the value per dollar greatly decreases as you go up the cost ladder. For example, a piece of audio equipment that costs twice as much may only sound slightly better. But this is what the audiophile world is all about. People spend big bucks on audio equipment to get ultimately great sound rather than spend less and maybe settle for only great sound. And remember, good sound quality is a very personal thing. If it sounds good to you, you have accomplished your goal, (but to be on the safe side, you might just consider avoiding listening to someone else’s audiophile setup)."
- "...I've learned that once you get up to a certain level in the audiophile headphone world, one headphone is not necessarily better than another"....
Copyright © 2009 Bill K and Listening Station
I understand your point, and I'm aware of that. I have a lot of high end audio equipment, and sometimes you pay a lot to improve very very little, but I keep tweaking my system here and there. That theory also applies to every audio equipment, headphones related or not, amp, DAC, etc...wether it's worth it's price or not, is subjective. I already have the LCD-3 and love them, and I know that they're probably overpriced, but that's a different subject. I thought you had something against the LCD-X or TH-900 both not being good headphones.
When people ask about low/high volume from particular headphones implies the user doesn't have an amp or is looking to play music directly from a smartphone or mp3 player. If you have the LCD-3 probably have an amp too so my apologies. Listening hi-end headphones from poor sources is just a waste. Sometimes is better to educate and not push head-fiers to buy expensive gear because they can. Enjoy
No problem, I think you and me discussed about LCD-3/2 with DX-100 in another thread, and here I was looking to get the most from my DX-100 without an external amp, and I think quality wise, LCD-X and TH-900 are very close, and I would be happy with either, so I wanted the more efficient one of the two. Thanks again.
Now that you mention yes, I remember hehe.
I'm not that sure they ship to Canada. the th600 for 700$
Well I ordered the TH900, waited 5 weeks and received them. Now with the DX100, where I had to go medium gain maxed volume or high gain half way (depends on the recording) with the LCD-3, and even like that, sound was a little on the thin side ( none of that bass i'm used to with the LCD-3)the TH900 works on low gain, and between half and 3/4 volume, and no problem with the bass at all, very punchy and dynamic. But there`s one little thing; even though I burned them about 60 or 70 hours, I still find the high end on the bright side, and can`t get used to that. And if I listen a long time with the TH900, I find the LCD-3 lacking clarity or something. I guess I got so used to Audeze sound for last couple of years with the LCD-2 & 3, and now find other HP bright on the top end. Maybe if I had the Fostex first, and then tried the Audeze, I would find them too dark. So I guess I`ll be putting my TH900 for sale on ebay, and if I`m lucky to sell them, I might get the LCD-X, which is half way in sensitivity between the LCD-3 and the TH-900.
Still suspect the problem is the ibasso and not the headphones. Was it the same driven by a cellphone or an ipod? Almost all my headphones sound ok and loud enough using my iphone to be honest.
My TH900 are very loud on the DX100. I never have to go medium or high gain, low gain is pretty loud with them, and not even maxed, about 60 or 70% volume. So the TH900 have no loudness issues at all. I just find them a little bright for my taste on the high end, and I miss the midrange that I have on my LCD-3, Fostex seems to be lacking here, and most of what I listen is vocal and acoustic. They seem to have plenty of bass and plenty of treble, but very little mids.. I tried them on my BHA-1, and it's same story. You know every person has some different taste in speakers or HP. A year ago I got the HD800, and could not stand them at all with my BHA-1, and sold them after one week. I'm very happy with the LCD-3. To some others, it's the opposite: they find the Audeze bad and love the HD800 >>>,
- Which headphone among these two will sound louder at same position volume knob ?
- › Amp's Ability to Power a Headphone 1 second ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 58 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Please Help with Audeze Upgrade Dilemma! Edited: No More Dilemma,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)