or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread - Page 351

post #5251 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

Ye getting the correct eartips is really crucial. I tried the ED9 with the included tips but they all had extremely poor fit, so i had to use my shure olives. Now they are my favorite budget IEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybone0566 View Post

I agree, i believe fit & tip selection are the main factors in sound. i get the best performance with my kz's from my spiral dot's. But with my sound magics i use comply's. It's all trial & error. It's also what this hobby so enjoyable, cheers



Also the shape of our ears...for the life of me..could never get double or triple flange tip to work for me..lol
post #5252 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post




Also the shape of our ears...for the life of me..could never get double or triple flange tip to work for me..lol

I'm right there with you on that one Wokei. They never seem to fit right. Half the time the tip kinks preventing any sound at all. The only multi-flange tip I've been able to use is the triple flange that comes with the silver Piston 2.0
post #5253 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

My questions to You are:

1) Are You sensitive to highs? If You are, then ED9 might not fit for Your taste. Though, it can be cured with small-bore tips or foam mod.

2) Do You prefer littlebit smoothed/laid-back signature for extended listening sessions with no fatigue or very analytical/dry/cold signature which can cause fatigue with longer sessions? In simple rough comparison, ATE is more like HD600 and ED9 more like DT880. Though, If You prefer analytical signature, I would pick ANV.

Hello CoiL,

1- Not sensitive to highs but appreciate an accurate clean high end with good detail. If the highs are unclean or sound like bacon frying I'm done.

2- That's a tough one as I enjoy my DT880 as well as my HD600. I would have to say I do listen to my HD600 at a higher percentage than my DT880's. 

 

I have a Beresford Capella amp that has a gain knob that I find helpful with IEM's so I could potentially listen to any IEM. I notice some hiss present with IEM's. 

 

I usually buy from Amazon or ebay but notice some very low pricing on aliexpress any recommendations on sellers?

 

thank you~


Edited by CADCAM - 7/18/15 at 11:39am
post #5254 of 14203

So ED10 is worth?

post #5255 of 14203

OK just ordered the Kz ED9 & ANV hopefully they will be to my liking.

Got them from 2 different sellers but both have Shenzhen in the name and I heard this is a reputable seller so...keeping my fingers crossed!

post #5256 of 14203

Man I hope the Kz earphones sound great...been listening to IEM's for a week or so and just switched to my DT880's and they sound so much more refined with sublime bass...I know it's not fair and I'm not expecting the Kz to match the Beyers but I didn't realize difference in SQ.


Edited by CADCAM - 7/18/15 at 6:01pm
post #5257 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by altrunox View Post
 

So ED10 is worth?


Well worth it, plus "2". I have a second one reserved for future use. :happy_face1:

post #5258 of 14203

Hello folks. I accidently found KZ EDR1 earbuds while were looking for cable for my custom earbuds (lol), and I was impressed by the quality they give for such funny price (have not purchased them, that's what I saw in pictures, at least), secondly found on youtube guy that have reviewed them and all I heard was wow. Are they really as good and are comparable for example with earpods that are cheap too, but play well (for the price ;p). I know I can find answer in this threat, but it is 351 pages lol. 


Edited by Danielius - 7/19/15 at 2:06am
post #5259 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielius View Post

Hello folks. I accidently found KZ EDR1 earbuds while were looking for cable for my custom earbuds (lol), and I was impressed by the quality they give for such funny price (have not purchased them, that's what I saw in pictures, at least), secondly found on youtube guy that have reviewed them and all I heard was wow. Are they really as good and are comparable for example with earpods that are cheap too, but play well (for the price ;p). I know I can find answer in this threat, but it is 351 pages lol. 
EDR1 are basically EDSE or ED2. While it's still not clear what's the sonic difference between these, common verdict is that they are really good for their price. I own EDSE and I still love it.
I've seen EDR1 offers too and they are priced even lower than EDSE. I recommend one, at least be assured that with KZ you are guaranteed an unbelievable price to performance ratio.
post #5260 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by EISENbricher View Post


EDR1 are basically EDSE or ED2. While it's still not clear what's the sonic difference between these, common verdict is that they are really good for their price. I own EDSE and I still love it.
I've seen EDR1 offers too and they are priced even lower than EDSE. I recommend one, at least be assured that with KZ you are guaranteed an unbelievable price to performance ratio.

What about other KZ models? Which one would you prefer in terms of sound quality (if you own more of them as many out there do :etysmile:)? ED10 looks goood 

post #5261 of 14203

:cool: I'm REALLY Liking these KZ Micro Rings. a little tough to figure out how to get tips on them, and make them stay in the correct position relative to the tip opening and barrel end,  but TWIN figured it out. I cut a couple spacer rings maybe about 2mm wide out of a pair of wide bore sennheiser tips on the barrel side, Then slid them onto the Micro ring barrels. Then when you put on a pair of wide bore tips it makes the Nozzles stay recessed in the tip about 1mm from the end. Works like a charm.

 

I also found the best results with these to be Foams. Odd, just like the Flare R2A with a similar pencil shape.....

 

:cool::cool: TWIN

post #5262 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielius View Post

What about other KZ models? Which one would you prefer in terms of sound quality (if you own more of them as many out there do etysmile.gif )? ED10 looks goood 
My current favorite is ATE since it's non fatiguing and has smooth, warm, still fairly detail sound which I prefer. Currently ED9 and ATE are best KZs to buy imo. ED10 is also very good but I haven't yet personally tried it. Will do when I receive it. Won't be longer than 3-4 days.

I'd say get all 3 if you can. They complement each other well.
Edited by EISENbricher - 7/19/15 at 7:28am
post #5263 of 14203

I want ED10 for collective reasons(I don't doubt that it's good but i don't think it will top ATE, at least for me), and can't order anything due to capital controls and general issues in Greece.

They said ED10 production was a limited one too, sigh.

*Crossing fingers* I hope I will be able to order on by the middle of the week.

post #5264 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinACStacks View Post

cool.gif I'm REALLY Liking these KZ Micro Rings. a little tough to figure out how to get tips on them, and make them stay in the correct position relative to the tip opening and barrel end,  but TWIN figured it out. I cut a couple spacer rings maybe about 2mm wide out of a pair of wide bore sennheiser tips on the barrel side, Then slid them onto the Micro ring barrels. Then when you put on a pair of wide bore tips it makes the Nozzles stay recessed in the tip about 1mm from the end. Works like a charm.

I also found the best results with these to be Foams. Odd, just like the Flare R2A with a similar pencil shape.....

cool.gifcool.gif TWIN

Glad to hear you like the Micro. I've been listening to them more again since I got a pair of EPH-100 replicas to compare them too. The Micro Ring is such a good all-round daily use iem. Just wish they were a little more durable.
post #5265 of 14203
Quote:
Originally Posted by B9Scrambler View Post


Glad to hear you like the Micro. I've been listening to them more again since I got a pair of EPH-100 replicas to compare them too. The Micro Ring is such a good all-round daily use iem. Just wish they were a little more durable.

:cool: They have VERY good detail, I'm liking them alot.  I'm not as impressed with the D2 Pros I got, (which are clones of the SIDY HK-1 Carbon fibers), though. The D2s are Bassy, (veiled?), and quite Flat with not as good detail, probably because of their Dark signature.

 

:beerchug::beerchug: TWIN

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread