or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Groups › Ohio Head-Fiers › Discussions › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus)

Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus) - Page 10

post #136 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

Impulse bought T1's? What do you do for a living?

He equals the baller of all ballers and it does not help that he watches for deals that sligh dog..hmmm

post #137 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

I'm hoping that the sibilance issue doesn't show up much in their flagship model.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
 

You should at least wait until he learns to love his new headphones that you make him aware of their flaws lol

 

 

LOL'd

post #138 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post
 

 

 

 

LOL'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

I'm hoping that the sibilance issue doesn't show up much in their flagship model.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
 

You should at least wait until he learns to love his new headphones that you make him aware of their flaws lol

 

The only thing i remember from when i listened to it breifly was it sounded "slower" then the DT880 but i dont remember hte sound signature to say anything about it. But if what we heard was in allllll the other ones it will be there as well maybe not as badly though. 

post #139 of 163

@jshaffe After this meet I'm on a classifieds hunt to replace my DT990s with some HE-400s!  I still can't get over how nice those sounded!

post #140 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

Regional communications for Time Warner Cable. My team handles the markets east of the Mississippi River. Nothing special, just information jockeys.

 

Holy fark. The impulse buy doesn't seem so ridiculous now

post #141 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio technica View Post
 

@jshaffe After this meet I'm on a classifieds hunt to replace my DT990s with some HE-400s!  I still can't get over how nice those sounded!

Glad you liked them. I think they'll pair nicely with your Magni/Modi.

post #142 of 163
Hi,

I saw this too late, so any plans for the next one?
post #143 of 163
I think I heard end of May. In reality, it doesn't take much to get lard_tris to have people over to play with headphones.
post #144 of 163

I'd be up for end of May. I have a new toy that everyone can play around with (I'm pretty sure it'll be a new addition to this meet). 

post #145 of 163

End of May works. Also, anyone wanna hit ChiUniFi in Chicago with me? It's June 21st and I haven't finalized travel plans yet.

post #146 of 163
Whatever became of the Beyer T1 and Geek stuff?

And whatever became of someone getting an Audeze LCD2, or was that what I was supposed to get?
post #147 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Whatever became of the Beyer T1 and Geek stuff?

And whatever became of someone getting an Audeze LCD2, or was that what I was supposed to get?

 

Well unfortunately (or fortunately) I won't be getting the LCD-2s. I had a chance to demo them at Hanson Audio up in Dayton and didn't particularly care for them. I did really like the Bryston BHA-1 amp though. 

 

I'm still waiting on my Geek stuff as well, but perhaps AxelCloris will get his early since he was an early backer.

post #148 of 163

I have the Beyer T1 and word is my GO should be shipping this week. They said they would be processing mine on Monday, so yesterday. A third party group is handling their shipping so it probably takes a day or two to process the shipping and get it sent.

 

You were supposed to get the Audeze XC. Clearly you were too far gone to remember. ;)

post #149 of 163
Always too far gone to remember. Or maybe I'm not actually paying attention. And I doubt I ever said I'm getting the 3, X or XC. Too much money for this stuff.

And lard_tris and krunchylex (Jason and Alex) managed to take part in the tours and we had both in house and plugged into the Mjolnir. Nice by almost every measure, but so expensive! Coming from a perspective that occasionally wonders if a $1400 HD 800 is worth it…but really wants a $2600 amp (Stratus).

In the meantime, I do nothing and save my money.
post #150 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Always too far gone to remember. Or maybe I'm not actually paying attention. And I doubt I ever said I'm getting the 3, X or XC. Too much money for this stuff.

And lard_tris and krunchylex (Jason and Alex) managed to take part in the tours and we had both in house and plugged into the Mjolnir. Nice by almost every measure, but so expensive! Coming from a perspective that occasionally wonders if a $1400 HD 800 is worth it…but really wants a $2600 amp (Stratus).

In the meantime, I do nothing and save my money.

 

A Stratus?! Oh, I hope you will have it by the end of May! :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ohio Head-Fiers
Head-Fi.org › Groups › Ohio Head-Fiers › Discussions › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus)