Head-Fi.org › Groups › Ohio Head-Fiers › Discussions › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus)

Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus) - Page 9

post #121 of 163
Deep fried pads sound good. Side of marinara. Squirt of Srirachi SAWSE. Warm sake and a cold beer. Maybe a side of Jet's pizza and City BBQ brisket? Pretzel bun dinner rolls. Butter. Cobb salad to start with. Swig of Bushmills.
post #122 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Deep fried pads sound good. Side of marinara. Squirt of Srirachi SAWSE. Warm sake and a cold beer. Maybe a side of Jet's pizza and City BBQ brisket? Pretzel bun dinner rolls. Butter. Cobb salad to start with. Swig of Bushmills.

 

lol....

post #123 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Or in the oven? Crock pot? Deep fry?

Post a list of those bands you wanted me to listen to.

post #124 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnisher View Post
 

Post a list of those bands you wanted me to listen to.

Bon Iver

other lives

alt-j

local natives

volcano choir 

 

Are at least a couple of them i know he will tell you.

post #125 of 163
I would have alphabetized, and used capital letters where needed but that's a great start if you're into Half Moon Run. The people I talk music with that like those on that list, also like Half Moon Run.

Alt-J
Bon Iver
Local Natives
Other Lives
Volcano Choir


There's also these:
Iron & Wine
Kopecky Family Band
Manchester Orchestra
Menomena
Mercury Program
Miike Snow
Milo Green
Perfume Genius
Portugal. The Man
Ramona Falls
Turin Brakes
Walk The Moon

And many more, but those are, more or less Indie Rock like bands that are along the lines of HMR that I will listen to at any moment.
post #126 of 163

Thanks guys. New music kicks ass.

post #127 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

How long should I microwave my new pads for the 600s to break them in before I put em on my head?

 

You're supposed to use an open flame for the best burn-in. I think it's somewhere in the 20-50 hour range.

 

On an unrelated note, ordered a new toy today. Impulse bought the Beyerdynamic T1. Curse the deals thread! Something new for the next meet assuming I like their sound. If I don't like it I'll probably sell them off for the HE-560.

post #128 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

You're supposed to use an open flame for the best burn-in. I think it's somewhere in the 20-50 hour range.

 

On an unrelated note, ordered a new toy today. Impulse bought the Beyerdynamic T1. Curse the deals thread! Something new for the next meet assuming I like their sound. If I don't like it I'll probably sell them off for the HE-560.

 

I was very, very tempted to do the same, but I thought to myself, I could get the LCD-2's for just a few hundred more... And now that the Beyer's have been ruined for me I don't think I could go for them. That's not true, of course, but I'd be very interested in giving them a listen once you get them in if you wouldn't mind. And don't forget that you get the A1 to pair with it for only $624.

post #129 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
 

 

I was very, very tempted to do the same, but I thought to myself, I could get the LCD-2's for just a few hundred more... And now that the Beyer's have been ruined for me I don't think I could go for them. That's not true, of course, but I'd be very interested in giving them a listen once you get them in if you wouldn't mind. And don't forget that you get the A1 to pair with it for only $624.

 

I don't plan to order another amp, at least for a while anyways. Since I have both fully loaded Geeks coming I plan to run everything off them. Unfortunately right now I don't really have an amp that will do the T1 justice. Currently my best is my E12. It's impressive, but not that impressive. I'm hoping that the sibilance issue doesn't show up much in their flagship model.

 

And when it comes in sometime in the next week or so you're more than welcome to listen. Since you only live a few minutes away I can easily bring them down and let you borrow them for a few days. Maybe they'll sound good off the O2.

post #130 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

I don't plan to order another amp, at least for a while anyways. Since I have both fully loaded Geeks coming I plan to run everything off them. Unfortunately right now I don't really have an amp that will do the T1 justice. Currently my best is my E12. It's impressive, but not that impressive. I'm hoping that the sibilance issue doesn't show up much in their flagship model.

 

And when it comes in sometime in the next week or so you're more than welcome to listen. Since you only live a few minutes away I can easily bring them down and let you borrow them for a few days. Maybe they'll sound good off the O2.

 

Hell, if you give me a few hours with the T1's you're more than welcome to borrow my O2 if you like. I have an E12 as well that I can use for a few days while you try out the O2.

post #131 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post

 

Hell, if you give me a few hours with the T1's you're more than welcome to borrow my O2 if you like. I have an E12 as well that I can use for a few days while you try out the O2.

 

I could easily do that. It's not like I don't have other cans that I enjoy. I'd be fine with you borrowing them for a few days to get a feel. In a few hours you can develop an understanding of a headphone's basic qualities but it takes a few days with them to fully understand the subtleties they bring.

post #132 of 163

And annoyances. 

post #133 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post
 

And annoyances. 

 

You know, he doesn't even have them yet and you're already spoiling the fun. You should at least wait until he learns to love his new headphones that you make him aware of their flaws lol

post #134 of 163

Impulse bought T1's? What do you do for a living?

post #135 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKENEDPLAGUE View Post
 

Impulse bought T1's? What do you do for a living?

 

Regional communications for Time Warner Cable. My team handles the markets east of the Mississippi River. Nothing special, just information jockeys.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ohio Head-Fiers
Head-Fi.org › Groups › Ohio Head-Fiers › Discussions › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus)