Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion, impressions, musings, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion, impressions, musings, etc. - Page 12

post #166 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Lol, u would think pushing drivers till they distort would be a great idea :3

Joking, but it can definetly cause some problems. Guess its all up to gelocks biggrin.gif

 

LOL!

Well, tour is US only and Hawaii is not living in Hawaii! ;-)

(and I would fear for the headphones under his care! Hahahaha)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

I believe the Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI are the only more sensitive, sitting at 8ohm with 105dB. 

 

Yup, and surprisingly, I think that their implementation is a bit cleaner than the Dido's overall, of course, it doesn't have the thunderous impact in the mid-bass of the Dido's but they are indeed very capable! If it wasn't for the crappy ear pads (they are not too supple and over time you start feeling the metal/plastic enclosure :()

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 

 

I'll definitely be writing a full review for Headfonics, and I'll be visiting the head of Stereodesk (he has some ridiculous setups) to get his opinion of them.

 

Excellent. Thanks.

post #167 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Lol, u would think pushing drivers till they distort would be a great idea :3

Joking, but it can definetly cause some problems. Guess its all up to gelocks biggrin.gif

 

I jest.

gelocks would never send me anything....ever....never. Unless some vendor screws him and he wants the subsonic torpedo sent at the drivers.

post #168 of 238

I got them! Initial impressions were pretty average; I put some electroswing and didn't think much of them when compared to the Beats Pros; they were definitely better; they had much better timbre, but $780 for these? Really? 

 

Then I played this song:

 

I wasn't expecting much; I was expecting a clean bass line, not too overpowering. But once the sub bass line kicked in, I actually laughed out loud; THIS was sub bass. The drivers actually moved enough air to vibrate my ears. This is the visceral response I wanted years ago when I first started out, and even now that I'm more experienced and have completely different tastes, I find myself wanting these for myself. Other than the DX1000, I've never heard a bass heavy headphone separate actual thundering bass and the mids this cleanly.

 

I have pictures, but I'll upload them later tonight; I have a midterm in a few hours that I'm cramming for.

post #169 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

I got them! Initial impressions were pretty average; I put some electroswing and didn't think much of them when compared to the Beats Pros; they were definitely better; they had much better timbre, but $780 for these? Really? 

Then I played this song:



I wasn't expecting much; I was expecting a clean bass line, not too overpowering. But once the sub bass line kicked in, I actually laughed out loud; THIS was sub bass. The drivers actually moved enough air to vibrate my ears. This is the visceral response I wanted years ago when I first started out, and even now that I'm more experienced and have completely different tastes, I find myself wanting these for myself. Other than the DX1000, I've never heard a bass heavy headphone separate actual thundering bass and the mids this cleanly.

I have pictures, but I'll upload them later tonight; I have a midterm in a few hours that I'm cramming for.

Haha... I had similar impressions. Beats like, just better. Then the bass hit.
post #170 of 238
Are the remaining stops on the tour posted anywhere? I'm eager to give these bass hammers a shot.
post #171 of 238
Thread Starter 

Yup.

 

1) MuppetFace --> Should be getting the headphones this week (or early next)
2) DigitalFreak
3) Oregonian
4) ourfpshero
5) sloomingbla
6) anetode --> M.I.A
7) Ishcabible
8) Mshenay
9) PXSS
10) Triggerfish
11) manbear
12) wolfetan
13) HideousPride
14) Mad Lust Envy ** (wanted to be last ;-))
post #172 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Yup.

1) MuppetFace --> Should be getting the headphones this week (or early next)
2) DigitalFreak
3) Oregonian
4) ourfpshero
5) sloomingbla
6) anetode --> M.I.A
7) Ishcabible
8) Mshenay
9) PXSS
10) Triggerfish
11) manbear
12) wolfetan
13) HideousPride
14) Mad Lust Envy ** (wanted to be last ;-))

Nice color coding haha :3
post #173 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post


Nice color coding haha :3

 

LOL!

Didn't know which colors to pick, totally random! :p

post #174 of 238

Ugh, so the more I've been using these, the less I feel I can live with them. They don't make a seal when I have my glasses on, so they sound pretty unbalanced, which rules them out as a portable headphone. (Also I got this at a really bad time because I'm in the middle of three weeks of midterms [I have two next week] so updates/the review will be slow but I will definitely try my best to be on time with shipping!)

post #175 of 238
Thread Starter 

Yikes! Good luck!!

 

I also use glasses but I haven't really had seal problems with them but of course, it could be due to different frames and things like that.

post #176 of 238

Thanks! Worst case scenario, I'm definitely mailing them out next week Saturday (Sorry! But I REALLY want to do a full review of these since there don't seem to be too many). My frames have arms that don't really work with headphones, so that's probably it. Also, did anyone else notice how easy it is for the cable to come off? I've had it come off at least once a day while trying to reach for something.

post #177 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Thanks! Worst case scenario, I'm definitely mailing them out next week Saturday (Sorry! But I REALLY want to do a full review of these since there don't seem to be too many). My frames have arms that don't really work with headphones, so that's probably it. Also, did anyone else notice how easy it is for the cable to come off? I've had it come off at least once a day while trying to reach for something.

Yeah, something i noticed as well. I honestly didnt care for the 'cable on either side' system.
post #178 of 238
Where is the activity in this thread?? My Dido's might arrive tomorrow smily_headphones1.gif

I got them for around 450 dollars!
Edited by kiikasi - 4/14/14 at 6:43pm
post #179 of 238
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I contacted both Ishcabible and mshenay to see if they already made arrangements for shipping. I think ishcabible was working in a review.

450 definitely a nice price for them! :-)

Enjoy!!
post #180 of 238

Aaah I'm so sorry! It's all packed up but a ton of things have come up in the past few days (Saturday was all on me; the alarm I set didn't wake me up and by the time I actually got up, the post office was closed, but today I had an unexpected 6 hour long meeting that prevented me from mailing it out today). I'm definitely mailing it out tomorrow though! 

 

I noticed one went for $350 last week.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Perfect Sound Dido D901 Mini-Tour | reviews, discussion, impressions, musings, etc.