Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? - Page 8

post #106 of 115

is there a reason why there is nothing about this VX1 in any other forum besides this one? 

I'm looking for a desktop amp to drive Elac's BS 203 and almost bought a VX1 to connect to a Mac Mini late 2012 just don't know what makes sense over USB or line-in?

I have a TEAC AI-301 and connected to the ELAC's and was not very happy, I wish more low freq.

post #107 of 115

Because we're not snobs who think Chinese equipment isn't garbage? Or we just like playing with toys.

 

I got one and it's an amazing little amp for what you pay and what you get with it. Very well built and it's very slick.

 

I like USB just cause I hate onboard sound.

 

However comparing a 500 dollar amp to a 100 dollar one...I'm pretty sure yours sounds better lol.

post #108 of 115

Hi, i have a little question, the integrated DAC in Topping VX1 need drivers or something? Will it work on every PC and OS (even Linux)?

 

Tnx bye!

post #109 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trian View Post

Hi, i have a little question, the integrated DAC in Topping VX1 need drivers or something? Will it work on every PC and OS (even Linux)?

Tnx bye!
plug n play w/ osx biggrin.gif
post #110 of 115

Different model although I'm thinking of purchasing the Topping TP-32EX variant.

post #111 of 115

Has anyone noticed how many defective units people are receiving? It's not just Topping - I have been reading reviews of various T-amps around the net and I have never heard so many horror stories of parts not being soldered, amps failing, cases coming apart, etc. This cheap Chinese stuff is probably better avoided. It would cost me more in customs duties and return shipping to get something fixed than then whole amp costs. And I might have to do it several times!

post #112 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamode View Post
 

Has anyone noticed how many defective units people are receiving? It's not just Topping - I have been reading reviews of various T-amps around the net and I have never heard so many horror stories of parts not being soldered, amps failing, cases coming apart, etc. This cheap Chinese stuff is probably better avoided. It would cost me more in customs duties and return shipping to get something fixed than then whole amp costs. And I might have to do it several times!


Really, I have seen only a few instances with the Topping brand(all old) which have been found faulty. In any case people only generally post when complaining not when happy or content with their purchase. I tend to research a product I'm after to death before deciding and without example have always found people complaining and recommending non purchase of the product. You need to read between the lines for the real gems of information.

post #113 of 115
Yep. The happy bunch are to buddy enjoying their toys.

Myself and about 5 friends all bought the vx1 no issues
post #114 of 115
Thread Starter 
no problems here. its always on and used daily by my wife.
post #115 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamode View Post

Has anyone noticed how many defective units people are receiving? It's not just Topping - I have been reading reviews of various T-amps around the net and I have never heard so many horror stories of parts not being soldered, amps failing, cases coming apart, etc. This cheap Chinese stuff is probably better avoided. It would cost me more in customs duties and return shipping to get something fixed than then whole amp costs. And I might have to do it several times!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post

Really, I have seen only a few instances with the Topping brand(all old) which have been found faulty. In any case people only generally post when complaining not when happy or content with their purchase.

+1

Topping has a long reputation for decent reliability, but it's extremely popular, so you might find a few complaints. SMSL? I'd avoid them. Other, new Chinese brands that almost no one has heard of? I'd be wary. There is a lot of cheap stuff out there. I have two Indeed t-amps (ebay only sales). That's a good brand for t-amps.

One way to learn more about good t-amp brands is to research in the DIYaudio community. They examine the electronics and have a good idea of which brands are using good stuff (that's where I found out about Indeed)smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet?