My personal experience so far suggests I cannot hear any difference between a cheap USB cable and an audiophile grade cable. I can however appreciate quality analog cable with RCA connections. Bad cable introduces noise which is audible.
Related Forum Threads
- Is Shiit Modi / Vali combo a joke compared to (Woo Audio WA6-SE, Burson, Graham Slee,... Last post on 7/20/14 at 11:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for DT 990 Last post on 12/23/13 at 2:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Astro a40 (2013 vs tritton 720+ (2013 Last post on 12/15/13 at 10:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT AND SWEET! Last post on 6/30/14 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Connecting Schiit Modi (Optical version) to Fiio E11? Last post on 7/1/14 at 10:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They can't because it isn't. The entire "audio cable" industry exists on the power of suggestion. You think for $200.....$300......$500 it has to sound better................therefore it sounds better.
You are preaching to the wrong guy my friend.
I have this one as well and agree its a better option than a barebones usb cable.
- USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo?
- › Grado e Series 17 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 20 seconds ago
- › WyWires Red Headphone Cable 53 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 56 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)