My personal experience so far suggests I cannot hear any difference between a cheap USB cable and an audiophile grade cable. I can however appreciate quality analog cable with RCA connections. Bad cable introduces noise which is audible.
Related Forum Threads
- Is Shiit Modi / Vali combo a joke compared to (Woo Audio WA6-SE, Burson, Graham Slee,... Last post on 7/20/14 at 11:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for DT 990 Last post on 12/23/13 at 2:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Astro a40 (2013 vs tritton 720+ (2013 Last post on 12/15/13 at 10:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit Vali Last post on 8/15/14 at 5:58pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Looking for a DAC, Amp, and Closed Over Ear Headphones for Office Setup under ~$400 Last post on 8/10/14 at 4:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They can't because it isn't. The entire "audio cable" industry exists on the power of suggestion. You think for $200.....$300......$500 it has to sound better................therefore it sounds better.
You are preaching to the wrong guy my friend.
I have this one as well and agree its a better option than a barebones usb cable.
- USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo?
- › Over-ear portable headphones 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K500 love? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society 7 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)