My personal experience so far suggests I cannot hear any difference between a cheap USB cable and an audiophile grade cable. I can however appreciate quality analog cable with RCA connections. Bad cable introduces noise which is audible.
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Vali and Modi Last post on 9/19/14 at 9:43am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Modi and Vali Last post on 9/19/14 at 9:42am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Is Shiit Modi / Vali combo a joke compared to (Woo Audio WA6-SE, Burson, Graham Slee,... Last post on 7/20/14 at 11:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AMP/DAC for DT 990 Last post on 12/23/13 at 2:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They can't because it isn't. The entire "audio cable" industry exists on the power of suggestion. You think for $200.....$300......$500 it has to sound better................therefore it sounds better.
You are preaching to the wrong guy my friend.
I have this one as well and agree its a better option than a barebones usb cable.
- USB cables - Should I buy a better one or stick with the cheapo?
- › Band Name Game II 24 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5D may be the king of Portable AMP/DACs in its price point. 1 minute ago
- › anyone tried to replace the pads on their Soundmagic HP150? 3 minutes ago
- › Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? 6 minutes ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 7 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Help with headphone amp 8 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 - Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)