I would like to start off by saying, I've already owned a pair of ATH-M50's Coiled Headphones which I purchased from Amazon.com about 2 years ago. I gave them away to a friend. I purchased a replacement pair from the website buydig.com http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=6373208&sku=ATHM50&ref=cj
I have noticed a few differences, I would like to know if my headphones are fake and if BuyDig is a trusted authorized seller.
1) Sound Quality seems a lot more muddier and not as clear as my old M-50's. Perhaps it has not fully "burned-in" yet.
2) Cable gauge seems slightly smaller than my older M-50's. The coil cable diameter seems smaller than my older headphones. Maybe I'm imagining it.
3) The box came with the yellow Warranty Card and all accesssories.
4) Ear Pads feel very very soft leather on the new pairs. They are extremely soft leather. The leather on my old par where a more stronger harder leather. I remember purchasing new pads for my old Headphones from B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/830023-REG/Audio_Technica_135409020_ATH_M50_Replacement_Ear_Pad.html
5) In the closed position, the ear pads dont touch. I will attach some pictures showing what I'm talking about.
6) Overall build Quality doesn't seem as sturdy.