- 10 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice and suggestions about new CIEM purchase *UM MIRACLE, ES5 OR OTHER Last post on 9/16/12 at 3:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UM Miracle or JH13 Last post on 10/8/11 at 8:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5post #1 of 1112/29/13 at 7:51pmThread StarterI'm looking to upgrade my current 535 and I'm stuck between getting it molded to a custom and adding three drivers or selling my 535 and just getting a custom from JH, UM, Westone, or another company. Adding three drivers would be much simpler but by adding drivers I'd expect to get at least somewhere near the performance of some of these TOTL customs, and I'm not sure if I will. Also, does anyone know if any other companies that could add drivers to my 535 have quicker turn around times than UM? I'd rather not wait that long if I don't have to. If anyone has any experience in anything like this, help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/29/13 at 8:36pm
Because putting another 6 cylinder into your Chevy's trunk would make it a Ferrari? Just buy a real Ferrari, avoid the kit car and call it a day. Read the forum and this.http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewedpost #3 of 1112/30/13 at 12:57amQuote:Thumbs up!Originally Posted by goodvibes
Because putting another 6 cylinder into your Chevy's trunk would make it a Ferrari? Just buy a real Ferrari, avoid the kit car and call it a day. Read the forum and this.http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewedpost #4 of 1112/30/13 at 5:47am
i had a 535x8 and it was crazy how detailed it was, but ended up selling it because needed silicone customs for better fit and was too neutral for me. (and needed funds!)
I think you should speak to Lime ears in Poland or Custom Art Audio, same, in Poland too.post #5 of 1112/30/13 at 10:10pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1112/30/13 at 10:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by goodvibes
Because putting another 6 cylinder into your Chevy's trunk would make it a Ferrari? Just buy a real Ferrari, avoid the kit car and call it a day. Read the forum and this.http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed
=) doesn't quite follow the parallel
they put their own xover, add drivers and reshell. that's a new car. (price-wise too :| )
>I don't mind what it is as long it can keep up with TOTL customs. So I guess the only question I have is does it perform similarly? Thanks again.
I had a UM sm3x6 and sm3x8. I'm fairly sure UM tune all the x6 and x8 models the same (i.e. sm3x8=se535x8). x8 is the same config/FR chart as Rooth LS8 and I didn't really like the sound . x6 was similar to miracle FR chart wise but to be honest I preferred my Merlins. (and UM said x6 < Miracle, but you'd sort of expect they'll say that since new IEMs are less of a hassle vs driver upgrades )
Keep in mind according to the UMG fb:Quote:(and that could turn into more time if you need a refit). or it could also mean 'difficult job wait forever 'New build times from UMLab:
UM Custom IEM's - 7 Weeks
Re-shell's - 15 Weeks
Depends where you are as whoever says. if you're in EU, you might want to try Piotrg and his firm (for silicone) or Limeears. (for acrylic)
If you're in the US - JH (I have a JH16FP and like it a whole lot more than my UM Merlin)
at that point you could well try Heir Noble universals or customs or even UM Mentor or RDB+v1 or 1+2... or, non acrylic universals.
Edited by svyr - 12/30/13 at 10:55pmpost #7 of 1112/31/13 at 2:17ampost #8 of 111/1/14 at 1:56pmI reshelled a pair of broken 530 to SE530x6 and they sounded great. However, you can get better with full TOTL. The Miracles are clearly not a whole world better, but a bit more refined. Another thing is that I find these upgrades really hard to sell whereas a TOTL custom is sellable, even if you lose at least 40%.post #9 of 111/1/14 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I reshelled a pair of broken 530 to SE530x6 and they sounded great. However, you can get better with full TOTL. The Miracles are clearly not a whole world better, but a bit more refined. Another thing is that I find these upgrades really hard to sell whereas a TOTL custom is sellable, even if you lose at least 40%.
how much better did the 530 sound over stock. with the extra armatures is there extra tuning in the crossover dept or no?post #10 of 111/2/14 at 3:04am+1 on the resale value
Definitely a new crossover. They don't just stick drivers in lol. Have a chat to Stephen Guo
PS I think there's also a warranty caveat for upgrades. It's less than the 2y for totl for the upgradespost #11 of 111/2/14 at 3:53amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535x6 vs JH13, UM Miracle, ES5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 seconds ago
- › Headphone Stands 17 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--call for gift ideas for our awesome... 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob