or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gym buds/headphones

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I havent been on these forums in about 2 years. I currently only some Beyer and Audio Tech's for my setup at home now I need something for the gym.  I currently buy the cheap THC/Dre.Dre beats earbuds from china for $6 bucks that do the job, but I want to up the sound. I workout pretty seriously 6 days a week. I am into powerlifting and light cardio. My current problems...

 

1) length of the cord on ear buds, since there are to wire they snag alot

2) my iphone ( I stream pandora mostly currently ) is in my pocket. I just but a highly recommended belt clip to resolve this issue and help with wire length and pocket ( falling out ) issue

 

I listen to mostly hip hop and rock, so nice bass and treble is all I care about currently. I have read countless threads for 2+ hours and was not going to start a new post just for the simple fact there are well.... countless threads on this.  I like the Beats just for the simple fact they have cords on 1 side, therefore I can have it under my shirt and only on the right/left instead of 2 cords meeting in the middle and yanking out of one ear, which is an issue I currently have. I dont do HIIT type cardio etc etc so Im not worried about movement knocking the buds/headphones off my ear. Only bench press ( laying down movements ) might cause a concern, but have no yet. Im looking to spend no more than $100 on a set used or new. I was looking at the  noontec zoro however my concern with those are the quality of the earmuff's.  They are alot thinner and cheaper quality. I have tested both and I like the sound of both for what I listen to when I workout. These are strictly being used for only lifting. Therefore, all I care about is

 

1) wire placement / single wire is a bonus

2) quality of the earpads if they are headphones

3) bass, yes I am a bass freak when I lift  but I dont want it to sound like **** and muffle out the vocals

 

 

If anyone has suggestions I can google/ebay look up on my own I will do the research just looking for some quick answers because I have been out of the game for awhile and Im not up to date on current audio. I figured I could get some suggestions faster by make my own post because so far I havent seen anything from reading past post other than the  noontec zoro's  but like I said the earpads bother me. I workout religiously.  Earbuds would work if the length of the wire reaches my hip with extra slack and can stand up with some durability.

 

Appreciate any recommendations -  Note, cause I know I can make this clear enough, lol.... This is for the GYM only, hip hop/rock... not some hardcore sound stage, audophile blah blah blah... I already have those here with my pretty Audio Tech's and Beyers :)   Thanks

post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 

Note I just saw a huge thread under mine with a large list Im looking over. If anyone wants to save me some time I will also look up what you suggest. Thanks

post #3 of 9

I use the Shure SE215's, and run the cord under my shirt...they stay in place, block out the noise from everyone else in the gym, and sound decent.

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post
 

I use the Shure SE215's, and run the cord under my shirt...they stay in place, block out the noise from everyone else in the gym, and sound decent.

Looking them up now. thanks

post #5 of 9

+1 for the Shures and let me recommend the Sennheiser CX215s. Bass oriented, but still detailed sound, good fit and isolation and decent cord. I use em with my Sansa Clip+ for a great gym rig that cost me less than $50!

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

+1 for the Shures and let me recommend the Sennheiser CX215s. Bass oriented, but still detailed sound, good fit and isolation and decent cord. I use em with my Sansa Clip+ for a great gym rig that cost me less than $50!

 

Thanks - checking them now. How is the bass? and how is it over the vocals?

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
 

 

Thanks - checking them now. How is the bass? and how is it over the vocals?

I'm not a basshead by any stretch, but its a meaty bass that doesn't drown out the vocals. Everything is pretty much where it's supposed to be. 

 

I should've mentioned this earlier but another one to look up is the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2. They get rave reviews on head-fi as a basshead's dream with excellent clarity in the other parts of the spectrum. I've recently decided to sell mine so if you're interested PM me.

post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

I'm not a basshead by any stretch, but its a meaty bass that doesn't drown out the vocals. Everything is pretty much where it's supposed to be. 

 

I should've mentioned this earlier but another one to look up is the HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2. They get rave reviews on head-fi as a basshead's dream with excellent clarity in the other parts of the spectrum. I've recently decided to sell mine so if you're interested PM me.

 

 

I definitely might be interested. Why are you selling out of curiosity? they look more up my alley from what Im seeing on them so far. Other than that wood finish, but nip picking who cares

post #9 of 9
+1 to Shure SE215, I used them while at the gym and while on jogs and occasionally while I slept. They're a bit bassy but the bass doesn't muddy the mids or treble, the treble is a bit rolled off but not too much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: