or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Why is there a spring on the M50 cable?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is there a spring on the M50 cable?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm puzzled as to why there is a spring on the cable...like..what's the point?
post #2 of 11
Thread Starter 
I mean I know it contributes somehow,I just don't know how.
post #3 of 11

Meant for "studio" use, when you move around with your headphones on to avoid stress on the jack when you pull on the cord.

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Do others use this?
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by willitblend View Post

Do others use this?

No but good cables also use something similar, in the form of heat-shrink sleeving at the joints.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Good for audio technica. They must have known I'd be stepping on the long ass cable 24/7
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by willitblend View Post

Good for audio technica. They must have known I'd be stepping on the long ass cable 24/7

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Genius
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Way to think outside the box.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by willitblend View Post

I'm puzzled as to why there is a spring on the cable...like..what's the point?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0o View Post
 

Meant for "studio" use, when you move around with your headphones on to avoid stress on the jack when you pull on the cord.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

No but good cables also use something similar, in the form of heat-shrink sleeving at the joints.

 

 

Yep, "strain relief" is the technical term.  FWIW.

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the input guys. You've all made my life so much better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Why is there a spring on the M50 cable?