Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400? - Page 3

post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakinBacon View Post
 

Well how stupid would the designer/engineer have to be to size the cable wrong? Really?  It isn't anger your sensing, its incredulity.  You want to be a fashionista, then by all means have at it.  You want to make up performance benefits to make yourself feel better, that is fine as well.  Either way, it's just make believe.

 

SB

 

What does the "sizing" has anything to do with a cable?  Its a wire material, partitioning of ground and channels, individual shielding, connectors, soldering, etc.  Then, if you want to talk about designer/engineer, look into UE900 appreciation thread to read about a ton of complains about those $400 flagship IEMs.  And, "fashionista"?!?  I understand when my 9 year old uses that word playing with her girlfriend, but from someone who just joint premium audiophile community to start with a fresh trolling?  Maybe that explains why I only see 2 of your posts here in this forum; did admins removed the rest of it already?  You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

post #32 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakinBacon View Post

Studio work
 Answer:  Neither.

Just get an xba1ip($25) for your phone and a decent over ear studio that will humiliate the se215 and re400.

SB

Well I've seen sennheiser hd380 pro are a good deal for the price. I guess I'll go for them.
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

What does the "sizing" has anything to do with a cable?  Its a wire material, partitioning of ground and channels, individual shielding, connectors, soldering, etc.  Then, if you want to talk about designer/engineer, look into UE900 appreciation thread to read about a ton of complains about those $400 flagship IEMs.  And, "fashionista"?!?  I understand when my 9 year old uses that word playing with her girlfriend, but from someone who just joint premium audiophile community to start with a fresh trolling?  Maybe that explains why I only see 2 of your posts here in this forum; did admins removed the rest of it already?  You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakinBacon View Post
 

 

 

 

Hmmmmmm........You don't think an Audio Engineer knows how to properly specify a cable???  

 

SB

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

You really going to make a lot of friends in here, buddy.

 

This is a great site but didn't come here for 'friends' and so far your logic would lead one to believe that if the HP has a detachable cable then it should be replaced because it is inadequate.  Maybe the UE cable is junk maybe not but I bet the people making cables don't care, just replace it because you can.

 

So why did you change the cable on the W40??  Be honest.

 

 

SB


Edited by ShakinBacon - 3/13/14 at 6:56am
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakinBacon View Post

Well how stupid would the designer/engineer have to be to size the cable wrong? Really?  It isn't anger your sensing, its incredulity.  You want to be a fashionista, then by all means have at it.  You want to make up performance benefits to make yourself feel better, that is fine as well.  Either way, it's just make believe.

SB

Look man, you're prolly pissed about something, whatever it is that's your issue. I'm not marketing or whatever, I'm talking from first-hand experience what the FiiO cable did for my SE215. Now, you can talk all that stuff you want, tough guy talk, know-it-all talk, I'm not even gon' front like I am an expert in that stuff, but I'ma tell like it is, the cable did improve the audio quality of my SE215. All that big talk from you won't change the fact that I experienced it and so did my audiophile buddies here. I need no scientific proof, cuz I ain't tryna prove something scientific.. . And I'm no dummy that can't tell sounds apart especially when there is an obvious difference.. .

But maybe you're right. The way you talkin, I guess you the man 'round here.. . So, sure, you're right. :-) My ears and every other ear that experienced the difference made by different after-market cables are stupid and you are the king of all audiophile.
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzies01 View Post


Look man, you're prolly pissed about something, whatever it is that's your issue. I'm not marketing or whatever, I'm talking from first-hand experience what the FiiO cable did for my SE215. Now, you can talk all that stuff you want, tough guy talk, know-it-all talk, I'm not even gon' front like I am an expert in that stuff, but I'ma tell like it is, the cable did improve the audio quality of my SE215. All that big talk from you won't change the fact that I experienced it and so did my audiophile buddies here. I need no scientific proof, cuz I ain't tryna prove something scientific.. . And I'm no dummy that can't tell sounds apart especially when there is an obvious difference.. .

But maybe you're right. The way you talkin, I guess you the man 'round here.. . So, sure, you're right. :-) My ears and every other ear that experienced the difference made by different after-market cables are stupid and you are the king of all audiophile.

 

 

These claims fall flat on their faces every time they are subjected to a double blind.  Another example, there are no such thing as ghosts.......unless you believe in ghosts......then they are everywhere.  Human brain has no problem distorting reality or memory if given an incentive.  BTW, creating a herd opinion to validate is even less reliable.

 

They are well built cables, ugly is just an opinion, but they don't do anything for the sound unless you want them to.

 

If you want to buy something that really works try some pixie dust.  Apply a light dusting to the ear, more is not better and it's FDA approved.  Pixie Dust increases reflection to carry more high frequencies to the ear drum.  The effect is best described as mesmerizing.  I 'know' it works because I have experienced it and so have all my buddies.

 

 

SB


Edited by ShakinBacon - 3/19/14 at 7:40am
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by devluxe View Post


Well I've seen sennheiser hd380 pro are a good deal for the price. I guess I'll go for them.

Sorry your thread got derailed.  Beyer 1350's might suit you, if convenient portability is a high priority they wear well around the neck, $180 new maybe $100-120 used.

 

Some light reading in case you're ever stuck at the airport:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-312-iems-compared-fidue-a63-added-03-18-14-p-885#user_dunu_dn-1000

 

 

SB


Edited by ShakinBacon - 3/19/14 at 8:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?