Hi everybody, I need a new pair of iem for about 100 dollars. I read many reviews and I'm interested in these two models: Shure se215 and Hifiman re-400. According to this review ( http://tinyurl.com/multiiemreview ) Hifiman re-400 sound better (9/10 vs 7.9/10 of the shure). I found these two models cost approximately the same (about 110 dollars). I need them for a little bit of studio work (connected to an amp+dac+mac mini) and listening from my phone. Which is the best deal having took everything into account?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for Around $100 - Details inside Last post on 1/23/15 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for ipod 5.5g around or under $100? Last post on 11/24/14 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Brainwavz S5 - Warm, detailed, but sparkly. Last post on 10/3/14 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- recommendation for earbuds around $100 for electronic music mostly dnb Last post on 7/9/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As for sound, the Shure's are pretty bright and lacking in the low end. That's my opinion. Hope this helps someway.
I read hifiman re400 build quality is worse than shure and shure's cable is detachable so I can change it. I think they can last longer this way. If I break the jack of the hifiman I have to replace the whole earphones. What do you think?
SE215 may sound a little thin (I own them) if you like a lot of bass but you can maybe bump EQ on the low end if not to your liking. Otherwise I think the SE215 would be good in the studio as far as sound reproduction, instrument separation and clarity. Have not heard the HE400 but it has fans!
Edited by AladdinSane - 12/28/13 at 11:32am
SE215 and huge bass? Hmmm. I think if you check any SE215 thread (or better, your ears) huge bass is not going to be a defining characteristic.
Edited by AladdinSane - 12/28/13 at 10:57pm
There is a very obvious bump in the bass of the 215 and it sound a bit muddy and bloated from it. To me its too much, for others maybe not. Main point is bass is accentuated and messy. Quantity not quality.
And my ears are fine thank you very much. No need for any kind of remarks like that here
Edited by Cotnijoe - 12/29/13 at 3:40am
Thanks for the suggestion, however etymotic hf2 and hf3 are a bit out my budget while hf5 seems to be a good deal for the price. I'll buy them if there's nothing better for that price.
Unless you're a fan of bass heavy signatures choose RE-400, I think losing the detachable cable is a small loss compared to the sound you'll get in exchange. RE-400 are much more focused for audiophiles and I truly believe you'll have a much more pleasant experience.
Thanks for the reply. I'm focused on getting the clearest sound possible for this price tag. I'll buy them if no one has any other suggestion :)
- Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 57 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2