Hi everybody, I need a new pair of iem for about 100 dollars. I read many reviews and I'm interested in these two models: Shure se215 and Hifiman re-400. According to this review ( http://tinyurl.com/multiiemreview ) Hifiman re-400 sound better (9/10 vs 7.9/10 of the shure). I found these two models cost approximately the same (about 110 dollars). I need them for a little bit of studio work (connected to an amp+dac+mac mini) and listening from my phone. Which is the best deal having took everything into account?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for Around $100 - Details inside Last post on 1/23/15 at 12:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best IEM for ipod 5.5g around or under $100? Last post on 11/24/14 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Brainwavz S5 - Warm, detailed, but sparkly. Last post on 10/3/14 at 9:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- recommendation for earbuds around $100 for electronic music mostly dnb Last post on 7/9/14 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As for sound, the Shure's are pretty bright and lacking in the low end. That's my opinion. Hope this helps someway.
I read hifiman re400 build quality is worse than shure and shure's cable is detachable so I can change it. I think they can last longer this way. If I break the jack of the hifiman I have to replace the whole earphones. What do you think?
SE215 may sound a little thin (I own them) if you like a lot of bass but you can maybe bump EQ on the low end if not to your liking. Otherwise I think the SE215 would be good in the studio as far as sound reproduction, instrument separation and clarity. Have not heard the HE400 but it has fans!
Edited by AladdinSane - 12/28/13 at 11:32am
SE215 and huge bass? Hmmm. I think if you check any SE215 thread (or better, your ears) huge bass is not going to be a defining characteristic.
Edited by AladdinSane - 12/28/13 at 10:57pm
There is a very obvious bump in the bass of the 215 and it sound a bit muddy and bloated from it. To me its too much, for others maybe not. Main point is bass is accentuated and messy. Quantity not quality.
And my ears are fine thank you very much. No need for any kind of remarks like that here
Edited by Cotnijoe - 12/29/13 at 3:40am
Thanks for the suggestion, however etymotic hf2 and hf3 are a bit out my budget while hf5 seems to be a good deal for the price. I'll buy them if there's nothing better for that price.
Unless you're a fan of bass heavy signatures choose RE-400, I think losing the detachable cable is a small loss compared to the sound you'll get in exchange. RE-400 are much more focused for audiophiles and I truly believe you'll have a much more pleasant experience.
Thanks for the reply. I'm focused on getting the clearest sound possible for this price tag. I'll buy them if no one has any other suggestion :)
- Shure se215 or Hifiman re-400?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 58 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 8 minutes ago
- › Meridian Director DAC: Anyone here own one? 8 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)