Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 65

post #961 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

List price for AK240 in Hong Kong is 20,800HKD (2680USD). Official now.

 

Not as high as some posts thought.......still 8K higher than AK120 but I am interested to hear what sounds like.....hope Jaben get a demo unit :)

post #962 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post
 

 

Not as high as some posts thought.......still 8K higher than AK120 but I am interested to hear what sounds like.....hope Jaben get a demo unit :)


Yup, the mark-up is reasonable similar to the amount for  AK100 and AK120. Jaben should get demo, DMA Mongkok Metro shop is good for demo, too... cos it is quiet

post #963 of 5191

I'm guessing they might have a demo unit after CNY...would really like to hear how it sounds as well...

post #964 of 5191
If you see one either shop in hong kong. Please let me know.
post #965 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

List price for AK240 in Hong Kong is 20,800HKD (2680USD). Official now.

Source?

post #966 of 5191

 

Leather Case for the AK240

post #967 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

List price for AK240 in Hong Kong is 20,800HKD (2680USD). Official now.

 

$2680 USD = £1630 + 20%VAT = £1950 GBP

post #968 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

$2680 USD = £1630 + 20%VAT = £1950 GBP

Hi OK-Guy,

 

In your opinion what do you think would be an acceptable/reasonable UK price point for the AK240 - taking into consideration both the dealer's margin and the distributor's margin? 

post #969 of 5191

in truth... I reckon UK price will be £2.2k minimum.

post #970 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

in truth... I reckon UK price will be £2.2k minimum.

Thanks for your input - much appreciated. Do you plan to buy one if priced at 2.2k?


Edited by Steph86 - 1/17/14 at 5:13am
post #971 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
 

Thanks for your input - much appreciated. Do you plan to buy one if priced at 2.2k?

 

Steph... I've just found out my Walkman's ( ZX1/F887) pair with the new Chord Hugo.... I know the DAC in the Hugo will supersede anything that AK240 offers & Chord is renowned for their hi-fi quality.

 

I should have a answer back from my contact regarding the AK120 when I do I'll ask what I can get AK240's for (it might be too early for them to answer)... at present I kinda fail to see what benefit the AK240 has apart from more memory, I can get 3tb of memory for about £180 & stream it via my ZX1 to the Hugo... for short trips I'll only use ZX1 (shopping), longer ones I'll take the combo ZX1/Hugo.

 

As a package the ZX1 (or other DAP) paired with the Hugo will represent a way better package than the AK240, based on my needs.

 

Hardrive : http://www.eastwoodsoundandvision.com/g-technology-gdrive-3tb#fo_c=183&fo_k=4669466541db7418664df2765e032e7a&fo_s=gplauk


Edited by OK-Guy - 1/17/14 at 5:46am
post #972 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

Steph... I've just found out my Walkman's ( ZX1/F887) pair with the new Chord Hugo.... I know the DAC in the Hugo will supersede anything that AK240 offers & Chord is renowned for their hi-fi quality.

 

I should have a answer back from my contact regarding the AK120 when I do I'll ask what I can get AK240's for (it might be too early for them to answer)... at present I kinda fail to see what benefit the AK240 has apart from more memory, I can get 3tb of memory for about £180 & stream it via my ZX1 to the Hugo... for short trips I'll only use ZX1 (shopping), longer ones I'll take the combo ZX1/Hugo.

 

As a package the ZX1 (or other DAP) paired with the Hugo will represent a way better package than the AK240, based on my needs.

 

Hardrive : http://www.eastwoodsoundandvision.com/g-technology-gdrive-3tb#fo_c=183&fo_k=4669466541db7418664df2765e032e7a&fo_s=gplauk

Hi, I don't want to break any forum rules as i'm linked with A&K - but would you not consider the Hugo and ZX1 pair in a different category to a portable DAP like the AK240? Without an interface etc the chord isn't portable, instead transportable.

post #973 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
 

Hi, I don't want to break any forum rules as i'm linked with A&K - but would you not consider the Hugo and ZX1 pair in a different category to a portable DAP like the AK240? Without an interface etc the chord isn't portable, instead transportable.

 

Hi Steph... I think that the ZX1/Hugo combo as very portable, let me explain... when you're used to carrying a small shoulder bag with a 'stack' (Z1070/Neco V3 amp), I really don't see any difference with the ZX1/Hugo combo... most on Head-Fi have portable stacks so saying there's a difference between 'portable & transportable' is just a matter of choice & convenience, I do not have a problem with carrying a shoulder-bag because it almost habit now (at the mo I pair my ZX1/F887-PHA-2 amp).

 

here's a question for you if I may... seeing as the design of the AK240 makes it hardly pocketable (unlike my Walkman's) and the DAC's inside are not as good as the AK120(?) but you have more storage... what would you deem as a fair price?... please bare in mind that people are  'trading down' to the ZX1 because it is said that this DAP out performs the AK120.

post #974 of 5191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

$2680 USD = £1630 + 20%VAT = £1950 GBP
Need to allow 35% dealer margin so that's £2,200 ish plus VAT
Silly price
post #975 of 5191
Any news on Australian pricing? Looking at 3.5k or thereabouts based on USD and GBP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240