Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 333

post #4981 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

Just received a brand new 240. Having major troubles transferring files from a macbook pro using AFT. I also connected the 240 to my Windows machine and even that wouldn't let me rearrange albums on the device. Pretty unacceptable for such an expensive, luxury device. I really do expect plug n play functionality at this price point. Unless I can find an easy/quick fix, I would not recommend this DAP. 
Try and keep your file transfer sizes to 50-75 gig at a time. If there is a issue you will be able to track it down more quickly.
post #4982 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Woodcans, USB2.x or USB3? Any other Android-supporting apps installed like Samsung Kies?

 

No other apps on my MBP.

 

USB3 on my pc with no other android apps.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post


Try and keep your file transfer sizes to 50-75 gig at a time. If there is a issue you will be able to track it down more quickly.

 

 

File size doesn't seem to matter. 1 song, 1 album, 1 folder with 5 albums. All screwed.

post #4983 of 5409
Monk's Straight no chaser sounds pretty good on AK240...time to revisit the cd version
Extremely glad that the piano no longer sounds overly bright on the c435
post #4984 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

No other apps on my MBP.

USB3 on my pc with no other android apps.




File size doesn't seem to matter. 1 song, 1 album, 1 folder with 5 albums. All screwed.
Have you tried holding down the power button, for at least 30-45 seconds, it will do a hard restart. Also I'm sure your using the supplied USB cable. You may want to try a different USB port. I've only had issues with WAV files. Converted them to FLAC. A few other guys had the same issues you are having, they ended up working them out through process of elimination. Search the name Laurencewayne, in this thread, he had similar issues I believe. Not sure on his correct name spelling. About 2-3 months back. Good luck .
post #4985 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post
 

 

No other apps on my MBP.

 

USB3 on my pc with no other android apps.

 

Have a look at the post made by Saraguie

post #4986 of 5409

A way to make your AK240 sounds better

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

post #4987 of 5409

I really like the Brown case on the gold AK240.  I don't see how I can buy one.  Does anyone have a suggestion.  I would rather park the Green Case.  Thanks.

post #4988 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post
 

I really like the Brown case on the gold AK240.  I don't see how I can buy one.  Does anyone have a suggestion.  I would rather park the Green Case.  Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

Just search for EASECASE AK240 on Taobao and you can find the seller.  They have all sorts of color and texture for you to choose from.  I was gonna pick something more sharp and edgy like bright yellow but guess it would probably attract too much attention at the office and went with the very safe grey

 

Some sample below FYR:

 

 

 

Available colors....

 

post #4989 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post
 

I really like the Brown case on the gold AK240.  I don't see how I can buy one.  Does anyone have a suggestion.  I would rather park the Green Case.  Thanks.


me too

 

 

 

the sensible suggestion is to buy the AK240 EaseCase from taobao... that is close enough

 

 

or buy the gold edition AK240 then sell it on classified minus the case...... :p

post #4990 of 5409

the EaseCase is relatively cheaper... just buy all the brown colors and find the one you like....  probably still cheaper than the original AK case.

post #4991 of 5409

Thanks, I did try to go to the site but not being able to read all the details even with Google translator I was a bit lost.  Also, the belt clip on the one I found was not for me. If you have a direct link to a regular brown leather one like the gold AK240, from this vendor please post it and I will likely buy it.

 

Ideally, does anyone know how to buy an official AK brown case.  I notice, you cannot even buy the stock case.  The three options, aside from black, just won't work.

 

Thanks again!

post #4992 of 5409

You can order the Easecase on ebay. There everything is in English. You tell him the color you want after buying with a message.

post #4993 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


me too

 

 

 

the sensible suggestion is to buy the AK240 EaseCase from taobao... that is close enough

 

 

or buy the gold edition AK240 then sell it on classified minus the case...... :p

Hmmm...to dress up your 240 now becomes another way to spend your money.

post #4994 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

Hmmm...to dress up your 240 now becomes another way to spend your money.

No, not me...just gonna keep using the beat up stock case i have.....digital devices become irrelevant too quickly
post #4995 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Coupe View Post

Thanks, I did try to go to the site but not being able to read all the details even with Google translator I was a bit lost.  Also, the belt clip on the one I found was not for me. If you have a direct link to a regular brown leather one like the gold AK240, from this vendor please post it and I will likely buy it.

Ideally, does anyone know how to buy an official AK brown case.  I notice, you cannot even buy the stock case.  The three options, aside from black, just won't work.

Thanks again!
Hey if your looking for a stock leather AK-240 case,pm me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240