Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 312

post #4666 of 6216
I tried to use my AK240 as USB DAC plug into my Mac Mini and use Audirvana to play some DSD but no matter how I set it there is no sound out of my Roxanne. I went into sound setting and Audirvana setting select AK240 DAC, Audirvana is playing but there is no sound coming out. Any idea?

Just found out why the DSD DFF songs can't play on AK240 is because it's DSD 5.1.
Edited by Uniquexme - 8/1/14 at 3:38am
post #4667 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquexme View Post

I tried to use my AK240 as USB DAC plug into my Mac Mini and use Audirvana to play some DSD but no matter how I set it there is no sound out of my Roxanne. I went into sound setting and Audirvana setting select AK240 DAC, Audirvana is playing but there is no sound coming out. Any idea?

Just found out why the DSD DFF songs can't play on AK240 is because it's DSD 5.1.

Try to change USB port. In my Macbook Air one on the right side doesn't work either but  left one does normaly. 

post #4668 of 6216

For those interested, the m3u format is pretty bland - I have highlighted the path portion to the root of the internal and external storage:

 

/storage/emulated/0/Music/Chesky Sample/10.Touched by Tango_Five Tango Sensations - Anxiety.dff
/storage/sdcard2/Coldplay/Ghost Stories/08 A Sky Full Of Stars.m4a

 

 

In the internal playlists there is not even any metadata... :-)

post #4669 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyLaurenson View Post

For those interested, the m3u format is pretty bland - I have highlighted the path portion to the root of the internal and external storage:

/storage/emulated/0/Music/Chesky Sample/10.Touched by Tango_Five Tango Sensations - Anxiety.dff
/storage/sdcard2/Coldplay/Ghost Stories/08 A Sky Full Of Stars.m4a


In the internal playlists there is not even any metadata... :-)
I use m3u on the AK240 as I did on the 120 and 100, except that before it need to be converted to .pls or some such, but on the 240 m3u works perfectly. Really easy.
post #4670 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


How dare you talk like that in head-fi, you gonna get banned dude! :D


Just check the previous post of flymetothemoon on which i replied, you'll understand the ironical sense of my humour, if he's ready to bypass the original cradle of the AK240 to use an ipad stand just for the price tag , he could also swap his AK240 for an ipod for the same reason, Mimouille is right when talking about the dignity of the dap , if you're willing to inject $2499 to get the best dap with the best SQ on the market , a $200 original and useful cradle shouldn't sound to be overpriced for a real audiophile


Edited by francopro - 8/1/14 at 2:57pm
post #4671 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquexme View Post

I tried to use my AK240 as USB DAC plug into my Mac Mini and use Audirvana to play some DSD but no matter how I set it there is no sound out of my Roxanne. I went into sound setting and Audirvana setting select AK240 DAC, Audirvana is playing but there is no sound coming out. Any idea?

Just found out why the DSD DFF songs can't play on AK240 is because it's DSD 5.1.

Apart from DSD, can you play other files in the way that you described above?

post #4672 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquexme View Post

I tried to use my AK240 as USB DAC plug into my Mac Mini and use Audirvana to play some DSD but no matter how I set it there is no sound out of my Roxanne. I went into sound setting and Audirvana setting select AK240 DAC, Audirvana is playing but there is no sound coming out. Any idea?

Just found out why the DSD DFF songs can't play on AK240 is because it's DSD 5.1.

Oh, just missed your last line. 

 

Just curious, are you playing DSD 5.1 via your other system?

post #4673 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by francopro View Post


Just check the previous post of flymetothemoon on which i replied, you'll understand the ironical sense of my humour, if he's ready to bypass the original cradle of the AK240 to use an ipad stand just for the price tag , he could also swap his AK240 for an ipod for the same reason, Mimouille is right when talking about the dignity of the dap , if you're willing to inject $2499 to get the best dap with the best SQ on the market , a $200 original and useful cradle shouldn't sound to be overpriced for a real audiophile

Hi could you please explain what is the usefulness of this original cradle? Thanks.
post #4674 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I use m3u on the AK240 as I did on the 120 and 100, except that before it need to be converted to .pls or some such, but on the 240 m3u works perfectly. Really easy.

Hey Mim, I've not been keeping up lately, how you liking the RW Mod? Are u posting your Comparisons anywhere? Are u glad, u spent the $
post #4675 of 6216
It lightens your wallet wink.gif

I think it has no extra functionality beyond looking good
post #4676 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwilier View Post

It lightens your wallet wink.gif

I think it has no extra functionality beyond looking good

I think so

post #4677 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

Apart from DSD, can you play other files in the way that you described above?

Nope. Even those lossless in my iTunes are not able to play
post #4678 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

Oh, just missed your last line. 

Just curious, are you playing DSD 5.1 via your other system?

Nope. Apart from AK240 it's Audrivana on Mac Mini.
post #4679 of 6216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquexme View Post

Nope. Apart from AK240 it's Audrivana on Mac Mini.

Apologies if I missed this but did you select DAC rather than MTP on the 240?
post #4680 of 6216
Tried using as a DAC on my MAC. The MAC recognized it, Audrivana recognized it, VLC too. However could not get a sound thru my phones.
I think it read like 357. I could not figure out how to lower it to 194 or lower even.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240