Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 309

post #4621 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


I switch on line out and balance out in the setting menu, then max out the vol. the vol control is done using the integrated amp... you can take mine to try when you have time...

 

Thanks for your offer Cosmic.  As I'm working/living in GZ and only making occasion visits to HK and don't want to borrow it from you for too long.  I'll figure out if I really like to try out this way rather than my current optical out to my Meitner MA1...I bet it won't beat the Meitner in performance. 

post #4622 of 7231
Can anyone tell me the format that the AK 240 wants from playlist files that I put on the cards? An example that includes songs on internal and card memory would be spiffy :-)
post #4623 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post


There is..ak240 plus hugo


I have heard the legend about the pairing of AK240 and the Chord Hugo. Are they really a match made in heaven?  I am considering getting a hugo and in the midst of some price negotiations with one of the local store as I had purchased a fair bit of equipment with them recently. Oh my oh my! Im so deeply poisoned!

post #4624 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
 


I have heard the legend about the pairing of AK240 and the Chord Hugo. Are they really a match made in heaven?  I am considering getting a hugo and in the midst of some price negotiations with one of the local store as I had purchased a fair bit of equipment with them recently. Oh my oh my! Im so deeply poisoned!

Yep...this is one hobby don't see the end of new stuff.

post #4625 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Yep...this is one hobby don't see the end of new stuff.


Yeah I think especially for electronics where new stuff are churned out everyday and pushed into the market.

 

One thing I have always thought of asking, your nick:"flymetothemoon", you used the name of a song or you simply like the name? Hope you don mind my asking :)

post #4626 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
 


Yeah I think especially for electronics where new stuff are churned out everyday and pushed into the market.

 

One thing I have always thought of asking, your nick:"flymetothemoon", you used the name of a song or you simply like the name? Hope you don mind my asking :)

Hmmm...what a question.

 

I like this part of lyrics of the song so much and thus using this as my nick...

 

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a Jupiter and Mars

post #4627 of 7231

Hi everyone I just received my AK240 and I ran into a problem. Don't know if this is a known problem or if my unit is defective. 

My micro SD card was formatted from AK120 II and works fine with AK120 II but when I put the same micro SD card into the AK240, the AK240 says its scanning media but never stops. after a good 30 minutes, it still says scanning media and I cannot access any of my music in the micro SD card. 

Also while it says scanning media and leave the unit for 30 minutes untouched or idle(the standard shut off time while in idle) the unit just shuts off and doesn't respond. If I press the power button there is no response. The only way to bring back the unit is to do the 12 second long press with the power button. Only then the unit turns back on. 

 

I was wondering if this was my unit that was defective or if it was a known problem with a fix or will have a fix coming. 

 

 

Thanks guys~

post #4628 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLe3krman View Post
 

Hi everyone I just received my AK240 and I ran into a problem. Don't know if this is a known problem or if my unit is defective. 

My micro SD card was formatted from AK120 II and works fine with AK120 II but when I put the same micro SD card into the AK240, the AK240 says its scanning media but never stops. after a good 30 minutes, it still says scanning media and I cannot access any of my music in the micro SD card. 

Also while it says scanning media and leave the unit for 30 minutes untouched or idle(the standard shut off time while in idle) the unit just shuts off and doesn't respond. If I press the power button there is no response. The only way to bring back the unit is to do the 12 second long press with the power button. Only then the unit turns back on. 

 

I was wondering if this was my unit that was defective or if it was a known problem with a fix or will have a fix coming. 

 

 

Thanks guys~

You may try to put another micro SD that works for other machine to see if this problem recurs.  Remember to "eject" your SD card from the pull down menu to ensure safe ejection.

post #4629 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


a local shop in Hong Kong that makes the 2.5mm trrs to 3.5 mm trs adapters below:

 

Mind PM where the shop is? :-)

post #4630 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Hmmm...what a question.

 

I like this part of lyrics of the song so much and thus using this as my nick...

 

Fly me to the moon
And let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On a Jupiter and Mars


I do apologise if the question was offensive :)

post #4631 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

PEF11-AK-BALANCED-CABLE for 750 bucks.....

 

And for $750 the metal block doesn't really seem to match the AK240 gun metal........ 

post #4632 of 7231

I tired using a different micro SD card and the player seems to work fine but when I connect to the computer seems like the computer freezes... 

Does not recognize the AK240 and just freezes. Restarted the comp and same thing happens.

I am just going to assume this is defective and RMA this. 

 

Thanks for your suggestion BTW

post #4633 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
 


I do apologise if the question was offensive :)

No, not at all.  Happy to provide you the answer.

post #4634 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

And for $750 the metal block doesn't really seem to match the AK240 gun metal........ 

I think my Wireworld optical [output to Meitner MA1] beats this in performance and would have the extra $750 spend elsewhere.

post #4635 of 7231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLe3krman View Post
 

I tired using a different micro SD card and the player seems to work fine but when I connect to the computer seems like the computer freezes... 

Does not recognize the AK240 and just freezes. Restarted the comp and same thing happens.

I am just going to assume this is defective and RMA this. 

 

Thanks for your suggestion BTW

So, now you can at least using the SD card files to play music.  

 

Probably you should try the same for the computer connect...try to connect to another computer to find out if the same happens...solving one issue at a time, hopefully.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240