Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 284

post #4246 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

How do you find the two plugs stacked together...to tall for mobile usage?

 

Maybe should get a short converter cable from 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trs

post #4247 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

 

Maybe should get a short converter cable from 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trs


That's exactly what mine are - around 6" long converter cables.

post #4248 of 5484

In fact now I'm having two cables in different terminations.

 

Tralucent :

Uber : balanced 2.5mm TRRS

Silver : single-ended

post #4249 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrondaniel View Post
 


That's exactly what mine are - around 6" long converter cables.

 

Ic.. My Roxanne cable terminate with RSA connector now i'm in trouble haha. Gotta make 2 different conversion cable. My AK240 also went back for RMA. The 2.5mm port having intermittent issue.

post #4250 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

 

Ic.. My Roxanne cable terminate with RSA connector now i'm in trouble haha. Gotta make 2 different conversion cable. My AK240 also went back for RMA. The 2.5mm port having intermittent issue.

 

sorry, stvc, to hear of your troubles with your 240. I had a problem with the volume control on mine after owning it a month, so I sent it back and iriver replaced it with a new one. the turnaround time was very good—I hope you have the same great experience I had.

post #4251 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post

sorry, stvc, to hear of your troubles with your 240. I had a problem with the volume control on mine after owning it a month, so I sent it back and iriver replaced it with a new one. the turnaround time was very good—I hope you have the same great experience I had.

I'm getting 1 to 1 replacement as my just few days old. It take 1-2 days to get the stock in.
post #4252 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post


I'm getting 1 to 1 replacement as my just few days old. It take 1-2 days to get the stock in.

Lucky that you have not modded it

post #4253 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Lucky that you have not modded it

Indeed. I'm kind of worry to mod it now haha.

post #4254 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post
 

Indeed. I'm kind of worry to mod it now haha.

For now the 240/Tralucent Ref 1 deliver beautiful music and I'm cool without mod.

post #4255 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

Did I miss something? Did they announce a new upgraded 240 or something?

 

No, its about the advertised memory capacity (256GB) vs the actual one (228GB).

 

Based on my calculations, its should be roughly 238GB (256x0.93).

post #4256 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Lucky that you have not modded it

 

The interesting thing is whether one should immediately go for the mod without letting the player having gone through its burn-in period (>400 hrs)

 

OR

 

Sending in the player for the mod after it has done its burn-in

 

Which brings me to this question:

 

Will the SQ be affected in any way if one decides to choose either option?

post #4257 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post
 

 

The interesting thing is whether one should immediately go for the mod without letting the player having gone through its burn-in period (>400 hrs)

 

OR

 

Sending in the player for the mod after it has done its burn-in

 

Which brings me to this question:

 

Will the SQ be affected in any way if one decides to choose either option?

With having no knowledge on electronics but common sense tells me that any modification [to the original circuitry] would produce different output.  I bet it will definitely affect the overall SQ (when compared to original) and depends on it falls on positive or negative side.  One thing is for sure it costs $. 

post #4258 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

With having no knowledge on electronics but common sense tells me that any modification [to the original circuitry] would produce different output.  I bet it will definitely affect the overall SQ (when compared to original) and depends on it falls on positive or negative side.  One thing is for sure it costs $. 

So do you agree that its better to send it for the mod 1st before letting it burn-in?

I'm in a dilemma right now as to whether to let my unit burn-in before sending it to Vinnie but if the mod is done beforehand and sounds even better after burn-in than the original scenario, it would be wise to go for the latter.

I'll email & ask Vinnie about this before commiting to the mod.
post #4259 of 5484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSCODE View Post


So do you agree that its better to send it for the mod 1st before letting it burn-in?

I'm in a dilemma right now as to whether to let my unit burn-in before sending it to Vinnie but if the mod is done beforehand and sounds even better after burn-in than the original scenario, it would be wise to go for the latter.

I'll email & ask Vinnie about this before commiting to the mod.

IMHO...

First you have to find out what exactly that you are not satisfied with the stock 240.  

 

To accelerate the burn in process, you may have it running an album/playlist on repeat for overnight then you'd have at least 8 hours on the clock for one night your normal use over the day then you might clock close to 100 hours a week.  I think the 240 will stablize a bit once past the 200 hours mark and by then you may have a more accurate assessment on what else is missing.

 

I understand the mod would provide more punch at low end while enriching the mid...this depends on the type of music and the IEM/headphone that you are using.  If you found the mod fits what you are looking for then that might be your answer.  

post #4260 of 5484
Its true for all gear at this price range. Buy and enjoy it for a while then think about how to improve slowly...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240