- 982 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Location: Texas-Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 Last post on Yesterday at 2:22 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations wanted for Full size headphones for an active lifestyle (mainly metal and Trance ) Last post on 8/14/14 at 4:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 262
Gear mentioned in this thread:
One question - are most of you using this DAP with an amplifier? I have been following the threads on DAPs for some time as looking for something to use with my UM Miracle. I currently have a Ray Samuels SR-71B and Clas Solo and it would be great to go to a one box solution. However, if these DAPs require a decent amplifier I will hold off until there is a better one box solution.
ALO does make balanced line out but they seem to be for portable devices :-
I guess you'll have to ask them to make a custom one for the Ragnarok.
On a side note, I wonder how the one I provided will work. I thought for the balanced lined out for the AK240 one needed a cable with a double head (for the 2.5mm TRRS & the 3.5mm TRS). Wouldn't the ALO one be "double amping" instead? :-
(From Double Helix Cables)
I thought the only purpose/reason for the second TRS was for Ground, not signal. All signal was through the 2.5mm TRRS...or, am I not understanding your question?
Nope you're right, it's my understanding that's dodgy. Cheers for helping clear that up.
Downloaded the 1.15 firmware yesterday. Sound has changed for the better I think; the EQ is a bit more effective as well.
Unfortunately the gapless playback still isn't working properly (at least not when playing FLAC). Has anyone else found that? I'm still getting a very slight skip and stumble between tracks that should otherwise be seamless.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 15 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Need a solution for small apartment, computer-based sound system 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)