- 1,012 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Location: Texas-Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:00am in Portable Source Gear
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 7/18/15 at 6:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- How much better can the DAP listening experience get? Last post on 2/17/15 at 6:53am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 262
Gear mentioned in this thread:
One question - are most of you using this DAP with an amplifier? I have been following the threads on DAPs for some time as looking for something to use with my UM Miracle. I currently have a Ray Samuels SR-71B and Clas Solo and it would be great to go to a one box solution. However, if these DAPs require a decent amplifier I will hold off until there is a better one box solution.
ALO does make balanced line out but they seem to be for portable devices :-
I guess you'll have to ask them to make a custom one for the Ragnarok.
On a side note, I wonder how the one I provided will work. I thought for the balanced lined out for the AK240 one needed a cable with a double head (for the 2.5mm TRRS & the 3.5mm TRS). Wouldn't the ALO one be "double amping" instead? :-
(From Double Helix Cables)
I thought the only purpose/reason for the second TRS was for Ground, not signal. All signal was through the 2.5mm TRRS...or, am I not understanding your question?
Nope you're right, it's my understanding that's dodgy. Cheers for helping clear that up.
Downloaded the 1.15 firmware yesterday. Sound has changed for the better I think; the EQ is a bit more effective as well.
Unfortunately the gapless playback still isn't working properly (at least not when playing FLAC). Has anyone else found that? I'm still getting a very slight skip and stumble between tracks that should otherwise be seamless.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 17 seconds ago
- › sony mdr 1a- should i use for working out? 22 seconds ago
- › Headphones and Earbuds 33 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 43 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3