- 984 Posts. Joined 3/2014
- Location: Texas-Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones for Astell & Kern AK120 Last post on 11/17/14 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Nocturnal Hybrid IEM and cable Tour. Last post on 12/16/14 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 Last post on Yesterday at 5:44 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 262
Gear mentioned in this thread:
One question - are most of you using this DAP with an amplifier? I have been following the threads on DAPs for some time as looking for something to use with my UM Miracle. I currently have a Ray Samuels SR-71B and Clas Solo and it would be great to go to a one box solution. However, if these DAPs require a decent amplifier I will hold off until there is a better one box solution.
ALO does make balanced line out but they seem to be for portable devices :-
I guess you'll have to ask them to make a custom one for the Ragnarok.
On a side note, I wonder how the one I provided will work. I thought for the balanced lined out for the AK240 one needed a cable with a double head (for the 2.5mm TRRS & the 3.5mm TRS). Wouldn't the ALO one be "double amping" instead? :-
(From Double Helix Cables)
I thought the only purpose/reason for the second TRS was for Ground, not signal. All signal was through the 2.5mm TRRS...or, am I not understanding your question?
Nope you're right, it's my understanding that's dodgy. Cheers for helping clear that up.
Downloaded the 1.15 firmware yesterday. Sound has changed for the better I think; the EQ is a bit more effective as well.
Unfortunately the gapless playback still isn't working properly (at least not when playing FLAC). Has anyone else found that? I'm still getting a very slight skip and stumble between tracks that should otherwise be seamless.
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 7 seconds ago
- › Need advice on what to get to power AKG K7XX 25 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Omega spare parts. 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)