or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 261

post #3901 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutjahjo View Post

For one, you know when the phone rings.
Oh that's it? I thought it functions like the Hugo where you can use the 240 as a DAC from the iPhone. Does it?
post #3902 of 8541

Firmware 1.15

 

Initial impressions...punchy lows & more richer SQ overall (not sweeter) and feel the 240 is on steroids (more power).

 

Your impressions please.

post #3903 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

Firmware 1.15

Initial impressions...punchy lows & more richer SQ overall (not sweeter) and feel the 240 is on steroids (more power).

Your impressions please.

Can't say I notice any difference on sound, and definitely didn't sound worse and that's all I care smily_headphones1.gif Maybe I can pick up these subtle differences if I'm able to do a a/b comparison.

Download and update were smooth as usual. DOP to Hugo is working. Will try NAS streaming tonight when I'm home.
post #3904 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Can't say I notice any difference on sound, and definitely didn't sound worse and that's all I care smily_headphones1.gif Maybe I can pick up these subtle differences if I'm able to do a a/b comparison.

Download and update were smooth as usual. DOP to Hugo is working. Will try NAS streaming tonight when I'm home.

What exactly NAS streaming is?

post #3905 of 8541
Is the sdcard playlist problem fixed in this update?
post #3906 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

What exactly NAS streaming is?

Network-attached Server: once you are in the network, your AK240 can access the music files stored there and play them on your AK240. Tried it last night. Works nicely. Good job, AK! smily_headphones1.gif
post #3907 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Network-attached Server: once you are in the network, your AK240 can access the music files stored there and play them on your AK240. Tried it last night. Works nicely. Good job, AK! smily_headphones1.gif

I did try the 240 streaming from my MacBook Pro to which sourcing files from my detachable hard drive and was it a form of NAS streaming?

post #3908 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

I did try the 240 streaming from my MacBook Pro to which sourcing files from my detachable hard drive and was it a form of NAS streaming?

A NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a device whose soul purpose is to serve up storage space on a LAN (Local Area Network) Consumer level NAS, are generally a box full of hard drives, that attach to a switch instead of through USB to a computer. 

post #3909 of 8541

hi All,

 

Im new here :)

 

I have a question, the battery life of my AK240 is only about 6.5-8 hours, is this normal???

 

Greetz

 

 

Jürgen

post #3910 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak240newbie View Post

hi All,



 



Im new here smily_headphones1.gif



 



I have a question, the battery life of my AK240 is only about 6.5-8 hours, is this normal???



 



Greetz



 



 



Jürgen


 



http://www.iriver.jp/products/product_98.php
According to the spec page of Iriver JP, it said,
連続再生 *3
約9時間(FLAC/192kHz/24bit)
約10時間(FLAC/44.1kHz/16bit)
約5時間(1bit DSD2.8MHz)

Which means
9 hours playback for for 24/192 flac,
10 hours for 16/44 flac, and
5 hours for DSD2.8MHz,

so if you have plenty of DSD files to listen to, it is pretty normal to have 6.5-8hours playback time.............
post #3911 of 8541

Thank you :)

 

ok, so I need a battery pack...

 

Jürgen

post #3912 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronb View Post
 

A NAS (Network Attached Storage) is a device whose soul purpose is to serve up storage space on a LAN (Local Area Network) Consumer level NAS, are generally a box full of hard drives, that attach to a switch instead of through USB to a computer. 

I see, thanks.  Don't have such network and is then irrelevant to me.  

post #3913 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak240newbie View Post
 

hi All,

 

Im new here :)

 

I have a question, the battery life of my AK240 is only about 6.5-8 hours, is this normal???

 

Greetz

 

 

Jürgen

Depends on what kind of resolution that you are playing. DSD can drain your battery down quickly to only 4-5 hours.

post #3914 of 8541
Regarding wireless streaming, can we use a wireless portable hdd and form a network with AK240? From AK240, i can see and play the files directly stored in the hdd? Does that mean u can immediately increase the storage by 2TB? This is pretty neat if so...
post #3915 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Regarding wireless streaming, can we use a wireless portable hdd and form a network with AK240? From AK240, i can see and play the files directly stored in the hdd? Does that mean u can immediately increase the storage by 2TB? This is pretty neat if so...

 

 

Haven't tried the new streaming support yet, but my guess is that the wireless drive has to support dlna/upnp media streaming for the AK240 being able to play its files. There are several portable drives which support this, for example this one http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/wireless-plus/


Edited by Fafner - 6/26/14 at 11:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240