or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 255

post #3811 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

The AK 240 is stellar and highly recommended. In better words I absolutely love it. Best DAP I have used and heard.

 

I concur. :L3000:

post #3812 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

The AK 240 is stellar and highly recommended. In better words I absolutely love it. Best DAP I have used and heard.

Nice!!! What other daps have u used in the past to compare it with?
post #3813 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post


Nice!!! What other daps have u used in the past to compare it with?

HM 901 and the ibasso dx50 although that was it in the same league. AK120 and naturally the ipod touch also heard an dhad the Filo x5 here. Unfortunately there is not another available in its price range to do a head to head comparison.

post #3814 of 8541

I've owned an AK120, AK100, Colorfly C4 Pro, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3/4, iPod nano 2/4/5, iPod 3/4, and long long time ago, I started my love affair with DAPs with the Rio 500.

post #3815 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post

I've owned an AK120, AK100, Colorfly C4 Pro, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3/4, iPod nano 2/4/5, iPod 3/4, and long long time ago, I started my love affair with DAPs with the Rio 500.
How you liking San Fran?? Meet any other AK-240 owners yet?
post #3816 of 8541

I've read that the 901 as more punch and authority compared with the AK240. Comments?

post #3817 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post


How you liking San Fran?? Meet any other AK-240 owners yet?

 

Hi kh,

 

I love San Francisco! Now, you have to understand, previously I lived in La Honda, a small community of 900 in the Santa Cruz mountains. Neil Young is one of the more famous residents. Moving to SF is like being set free from some sort of captivity. Being able to walk a couple blocks and having a half dozen different ethnic food restaurants is like heaven since I don't cook. I've been hiking like a mad man exploring all over my neighborhood. Alas, no 240 owners yet, but I'm sure they're out there.

post #3818 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
 

 

Hi kh,

 

I love San Francisco! Now, you have to understand, previously I lived in La Honda, a small community of 900 in the Santa Cruz mountains. Neil Young is one of the more famous residents. Moving to SF is like being set free from some sort of captivity. Being able to walk a couple blocks and having a half dozen different ethnic food restaurants is like heaven since I don't cook. I've been hiking like a mad man exploring all over my neighborhood. Alas, no 240 owners yet, but I'm sure they're out there.

But you don't get to go to Alice's restaurant anymore.:D

post #3819 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

HM 901 and the ibasso dx50 although that was it in the same league. AK120 and naturally the ipod touch also heard an dhad the Filo x5 here. Unfortunately there is not another available in its price range to do a head to head comparison.

 

Thanks for that....DX50? same league with HM901 and Ak240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
 

I've owned an AK120, AK100, Colorfly C4 Pro, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 3/4, iPod nano 2/4/5, iPod 3/4, and long long time ago, I started my love affair with DAPs with the Rio 500.

Thanks..

 

 

Just wondering now, if I should just get the Hugo cos any DAP with the Hugo sounds tons better..

post #3820 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhahacker View Post
 

But you don't get to go to Alice's restaurant anymore.:D

 

Your right, buddha, but I stopped going there a few years ago when I gave up meat. Still, a great place to eat and hang out.

post #3821 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshinji View Post

I've read that the 901 as more punch and authority compared with the AK240. Comments?

Yes, that plus a more full bodied sound. 901 also drives full size cans a lot better. But the ak240 looks 100x times better, has a nice UI, wifi streaming, and massive storage compared to the 901.
post #3822 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post


Just wondering now, if I should just get the Hugo cos any DAP with the Hugo sounds tons better..

If styling/portability aren't too importantly to you, any transport (iphone/ipod, dx50/90, x5, qa360 etc) with a digital out to Hugo will give you better sound AND would probably be cheaper than ak240 standalone.

But for DAP, ak240 is definitely my overall favorite even I may prefer 901 with certain amp boards from purely sound perspective.
post #3823 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

If styling/portability aren't too importantly to you, any transport (iphone/ipod, dx50/90, x5, qa360 etc) with a digital out to Hugo will give you better sound AND would probably be cheaper than ak240 standalone.

But for DAP, ak240 is definitely my overall favorite even I may prefer 901 with certain amp boards from purely sound perspective.


I love the AK240💕💕💕💕💘💕💕💕

Just wish the Bluetooth was better 😥 I like to use it when I'm lifting weights and I can sit it down connected to my Bluetooth dongle but the distance isn't very good and it cuts out 😠 this is sad ....and I think unacceptable .....but I love this thing 😋
post #3824 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


If styling/portability aren't too importantly to you, any transport (iphone/ipod, dx50/90, x5, qa360 etc) with a digital out to Hugo will give you better sound AND would probably be cheaper than ak240 standalone.

But for DAP, ak240 is definitely my overall favorite even I may prefer 901 with certain amp boards from purely sound perspective.

Yeap, Im thinking the same thing,

 

thats why I havent bought either. But Im coming to a point that I should be deciding one of the 2. 

post #3825 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Yes, that plus a more full bodied sound. 901 also drives full size cans a lot better. But the ak240 looks 100x times better, has a nice UI, wifi streaming, and massive storage compared to the 901.

 

At $2.5k retail... its expensive for a DAP. At least there is the 901 out there for people with a lower budget that can compete with the 240!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240