or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 251

post #3751 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

They could simply save DoP for a new model and their marketing department could brag about that.

BTW, even QLS implemented DoP for their relatively cheap QA360 already. So far that could be the only non-iOS DAP out there with DoP enabled.

 

 

Thanks seetoyou. Has anybody used the QA360 as a transport to the Hugo with DoP implemented, I am wondering? Theoretically, the combo should sound good, I'd imagine.

post #3752 of 8541

post #3753 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post
 

One day....I will have em all lol

post #3754 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

One day....I will have em all lol

Don't worry, Nazrin. I won't torment you by posting pictures of mine... smily_headphones1.gif
post #3755 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Don't worry, Nazrin. I won't torment you by posting pictures of mine... smily_headphones1.gif

Lol..guys pls...more of this and I may have to succumb and get these new and shiny toys..

post #3756 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Don't worry, Nazrin. I won't torment you by posting pictures of mine... smily_headphones1.gif

 

WOW... LOL. Look at your signature man.... Its crazy!!

post #3757 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

They could simply save DoP for a new model and their marketing department could brag about that.
.

In theory, it should just be a firmware upgrade.
post #3758 of 8541

An incident just happened to my AK240...

 

I was listening to DSD the last hour or so (via balanced) and switched song to hires PCM, all in sudden I only have right channel (I did not unplug my Ref.1 during the above process) and the volume is like in the region of 60+.  I unplugged and re-plug again and the result the same.  I thought my DIY TRRS 2.5mm was loosened and tried out the power off the 240 and restart...now I'm going back to normal stereo & volume. 

 

I've read some had similar problem (but seems like it was stereo but not on one channel) and not sure if anyone have the same problem occurred to them?

 

My firmware is 1.11

post #3759 of 8541

I had a volume spike once after playing DSD and switching back to PCM.  I don't recall the specifics but it was unnerving.  Even though it hasn't happened since, I'm careful now when switching between DSD and PCM.

post #3760 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrondaniel View Post
 

I had a volume spike once after playing DSD and switching back to PCM.  I don't recall the specifics but it was unnerving.  Even though it hasn't happened since, I'm careful now when switching between DSD and PCM.

Seems like I had the same this afternoon!

post #3761 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Seems like I had the same this afternoon!

It may be an isolated issue but it has big consequences for our hearing!

post #3762 of 8541
I had a volume spike once. It was also while switching from DSD to PCM. mad.gif
post #3763 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

I had a volume spike once. It was also while switching from DSD to PCM. mad.gif

Hmm, seems like quite a number of 240 owners had similar experience.  Hope AK will fix this in the next update.

post #3764 of 8541

omg... i cant believe i just ordered a rwak240, leading time 2weeks....gee....what am i gonna do with my dx100...

post #3765 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjohny View Post
 

omg... i cant believe i just ordered a rwak240, leading time 2weeks....gee....what am i gonna do with my dx100...

Put it as one of the hundred bricks in your home lol.

 

Congratulations 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240