Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 241

post #3601 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post
 

 

Try Jriver MC19. It will tag your dsf files too....

 

Instead of re ripping, you can just convert the files to any format. Should add that there is a 30 days free trial..........

Many thanks.

post #3602 of 5192

I am having tag issues using the AK240 with both wav and aiff files.  And it seems inconsistent in that some work and other do not.  Very frustrating for the "A types" like me.  I am also having an issue with the Led Zeppelin hires titles having no artwork and being identified as unknown artist.  I have tried every tagging app suggested here, and I can find no fix for the Led Zeppelin issue.  There must be a software issue on the AK240's music player.  Every desktop software I try shows all metadata and displays it all properly.

post #3603 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
 

I am having tag issues using the AK240 with both wav and aiff files.  And it seems inconsistent in that some work and other do not.  Very frustrating for the "A types" like me.  I am also having an issue with the Led Zeppelin hires titles having no artwork and being identified as unknown artist.  I have tried every tagging app suggested here, and I can find no fix for the Led Zeppelin issue.  There must be a software issue on the AK240's music player.  Every desktop software I try shows all metadata and displays it all properly.

 

Are you using a Mac? I downloaded the regular version of all 3 new Led Zeppelin remasters from HDTracks and have no problems with the tagging. I am using a Windows 8.1 based laptop and desktop, no problems on either. I downloaded in FLAC format.

 

Y2J

post #3604 of 5192

I've realized I'll never truly be satisfied if I settle with say the ak 100ii, 120, 120ii, or dx90 so I'm gonna take the biggest purchase of my young student life on these. After this purchase I'm hoping that the ak240 will last me 5 years at least, so since this purchase is so large for me I have a few questions of course. 

 

1. When did the ak240 get released? 

2. I know AK is notorious for updating their product line continuously so do you believe the ak240 will be updated soon? I have no problem waiting a couple more months but I would prefer one of course now. 

3. Hows battery life for those who have had the product for awhile now? Still good?

4. Does it fare well with wear & tare? Does it hold up good?

5. Hows the user interface for loading music onto the device? Is it like iTunes? Do you just drag n drop? & does everything run smooth like tracks in proper order, album artwork showing up, etc.

 

Thanks alot everyone :) 

post #3605 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmaker234 View Post

I've realized I'll never truly be satisfied if I settle with say the ak 100ii, 120, 120ii, or dx90 so I'm gonna take the biggest purchase of my young student life on these. After this purchase I'm hoping that the ak240 will last me 5 years at least, so since this purchase is so large for me I have a few questions of course. 

1. When did the ak240 get released? 
2. I know AK is notorious for updating their product line continuously so do you believe the ak240 will be updated soon? I have no problem waiting a couple more months but I would prefer one of course now. 
3. Hows battery life for those who have had the product for awhile now? Still good?
4. Does it fare well with wear & tare? Does it hold up good?
5. Hows the user interface for loading music onto the device? Is it like iTunes? Do you just drag n drop? & does everything run smooth like tracks in proper order, album artwork showing up, etc.

Thanks alot everyone smily_headphones1.gif 
Dude, these questions have been asked and answered many, many times here. Please just do a search, you will find all your answers. Good hunting..
post #3606 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post

Are you using a Mac? I downloaded the regular version of all 3 new Led Zeppelin remasters from HDTracks and have no problems with the tagging. I am using a Windows 8.1 based laptop and desktop, no problems on either. I downloaded in FLAC format.

Y2J
I'm only downloading Flac files now to the AK-240. I never have any tagging issues. That Zeppelin download does look good.
post #3607 of 5192
Beatmaker, the answer to every question you have is in previous posts on this thread. Do yourself a favor and read up for yourself, rather then ask. You'll get more info that way. There is also a AK240 appreciation thread. I'd read that one.
post #3608 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Beatmaker, the answer to every question you have is in previous posts on this thread. Do yourself a favor and read up for yourself, rather then ask. You'll get more info that way. There is also a AK240 appreciation thread. I'd read that one.

Ha Ha I beat you by like 15 seconds...
post #3609 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post

I am having tag issues using the AK240 with both wav and aiff files.  And it seems inconsistent in that some work and other do not.  Very frustrating for the "A types" like me.  I am also having an issue with the Led Zeppelin hires titles having no artwork and being identified as unknown artist.  I have tried every tagging app suggested here, and I can find no fix for the Led Zeppelin issue.  There must be a software issue on the AK240's music player.  Every desktop software I try shows all metadata and displays it all properly.

Downloaded the Deluxe editions of all 3 Zep albums from HD Tracks and have no issues with tagging or artwork on the AK240.
post #3610 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Beatmaker, the answer to every question you have is in previous posts on this thread. Do yourself a favor and read up for yourself, rather then ask. You'll get more info that way. There is also a AK240 appreciation thread. I'd read that one.

 

You expect me to read 241 pages?

post #3611 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmaker234 View Post
 

 

You expect me to read 241 pages?


There is a search function you know :rolleyes:

post #3612 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmaker234 View Post

You expect me to read 241 pages?

There are lots of other things you will also learn, while looking for your answers.
post #3613 of 5192
People on this forum are too lazy to post.
post #3614 of 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcar View Post

People on this forum are too lazy to post search.

 

................................................................;)......

post #3615 of 5192
For all the people who are having trouble with the tags....my files are all FLAC and have been cleaned to use with AK100 back in the days. Just use MP3tag and erase all the useless and hidden tags, make sure embedded pics are the proper size and format and you should be fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240