Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 240

post #3586 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

Wow on the Chrome AK-240!!

 

Right?!  I would not put a case on that thing, and just leave it all bare for appreciation.  :smile:

post #3587 of 4968

The AK120 only shows album art that is in jpeg format. The new Led Zep releases don't show art on my player. Was going to replace the album art with a jpeg this weekend. 

post #3588 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawya22 View Post
 

Just to make sure I'm understood, Yate (or any tagging utility) has nothing to do with the file transfer to the AK240. Yate (or an equivalent) corrects the ID3 tags before the transfer. Do you see the artwork for the files in the player on your Mac (if you can play them)? If so, the artwork is already there. A tagging utility won't help you. You might want to try rescanning the media in your AK240. To do this go to settings > default settings > initialize media scan, this option will rescan all of the files on your 240 and possibly correct any errors that occurred during the initial media scan. You'll need firmware 1.11 on your 240 to see this option. I hope this helps. 

My AIFF files are in iTunes which most albums having artwork present.  I was expecting albums with artwork to be visible on the AK240.

 

I did the media scan which resulted in the player not recognising any media, so a reset fixed that.  I have the latest firmware.  Thanks for your help.

post #3589 of 4968

I have had 100% success on the AK120 using flac files with embedded jpeg album art. After that all bets are off. I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been improved.

post #3590 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Edwards View Post

I have had 100% success on the AK120 using flac files with embedded jpeg album art. After that all bets are off. I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't been improved.

For flac and dsf, album art should show without problems.
post #3591 of 4968
About every 2 weeks or so, someone will have a problem with AIFF files. All the other formats seem to be just fine.
post #3592 of 4968

Been busy with loading songs into my AK240... transferring via Android File Transfer is ok, but sometimes it will says the lock screen error and have to reconnect the USB cable... Sound quality is amazing with AKR03 especially with vocal songs, everything is jus so perfect - transparency, timing, accuracy, layering, soundstage (is rather small soundstage) but for trance music, the bass sounds weird, just like how speaker sound when it broke. I wasn't sure if my AKR03 is yet to burn in, but i think the differences shouldn't be that much. Anyone with AKR03 with the similar problem? This is tested on 2 sets of AK240 and AKR03 (1set belongs to my friend).

 

I also found that our Gold Limited Edition the wording printed on the back bottom Carbon Fiber is Chinese wording, maybe they are meant for HK market? I am rather disappointed that the bluetooth remote did not come together as my supplier said it doesn't come with it. (The reason i bought gold unit is mainly because it comes with Dock and remote). But after contacting the Singapore sole distributor on my own, they check with Korea side and said oh yah, they will provide it this time after i show them a few websites such as DMA, but we will have to wait a few more weeks for iRiver to sent to them. Additional set of Screen protector is also not included (just the one that it comes with the unit). I even told them to go check youtube unboxing video for the screen protector. 

 

well, luckily i spend some time reading this forum and watching youtube unboxing videos to know what it comes with.

post #3593 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniquexme View Post
 

Been busy with loading songs into my AK240... transferring via Android File Transfer is ok, but sometimes it will says the lock screen error and have to reconnect the USB cable... Sound quality is amazing with AKR03 especially with vocal songs, everything is jus so perfect - transparency, timing, accuracy, layering, soundstage (is rather small soundstage) but for trance music, the bass sounds weird, just like how speaker sound when it broke. I wasn't sure if my AKR03 is yet to burn in, but i think the differences shouldn't be that much. Anyone with AKR03 with the similar problem? This is tested on 2 sets of AK240 and AKR03 (1set belongs to my friend).

 

I also found that our Gold Limited Edition the wording printed on the back bottom Carbon Fiber is Chinese wording, maybe they are meant for HK market? I am rather disappointed that the bluetooth remote did not come together as my supplier said it doesn't come with it. (The reason i bought gold unit is mainly because it comes with Dock and remote). But after contacting the Singapore sole distributor on my own, they check with Korea side and said oh yah, they will provide it this time after i show them a few websites such as DMA, but we will have to wait a few more weeks for iRiver to sent to them. Additional set of Screen protector is also not included (just the one that it comes with the unit). I even told them to go check youtube unboxing video for the screen protector. 

 

well, luckily i spend some time reading this forum and watching youtube unboxing videos to know what it comes with.

Burn in with nothing to do with how you describe the bass.  You'd better bring your unit back to where you bought it and let them hear the problem.

 

My "regular" 240 was bought in HK and has no Chinese engraved

post #3594 of 4968
Yeah, Chinese engraving sounds suspicious.
post #3595 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Yeah, Chinese engraving sounds suspicious.

I believe the Gold Edition is the Hong Kong distributor ECT's initiative. Like the limited edition Gold AK100 available in Hong Kong originally. In the grand scheme of things ECT is a huge player for AK products so having Chinese characters engrave should not cause any concerns nor suspicions.

My 2 cents.
post #3596 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

About every 2 weeks or so, someone will have a problem with AIFF files. All the other formats seem to be just fine.

I found that if I transfer a huge amount of aiff files into the AK240, a portion of the files would end up being listed as "unknown artist". If I try to do a rescan on the AK240, all the files end up being listed as "unkown artist" and the files become unplayable unless I do a restart but the files remain being listed under "unknown artist".   

post #3597 of 4968

if u guys have problems with songs, i would recommend converting them to ALAC, coz this is what i have been doing, except for DSD songs. As my collection is all in ALAC on my Mac Mini coupled with Audirvana. for DSD i have yet to find a free software to edit the meta data and artwork... i know Yate, but i only have a small portion of DSD, so i m not going to spend on Yate yet. hehe... 

post #3598 of 4968

Can anyone recommend a CD ripper for Mac that can carry Matadata (with album art), apart from iTune.

 

My whole CD conversions are in WAV and was using MAX in the past.  Now MAX lost the Matadata function and I'd like to redo my CD ripping with album art.  

 

Thanks in advance.

post #3599 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Can anyone recommend a CD ripper for Mac that can carry Matadata (with album art), apart from iTune.

 

My whole CD conversions are in WAV and was using MAX in the past.  Now MAX lost the Matadata function and I'd like to redo my CD ripping with album art.  

 

Thanks in advance.

I m using XLD for Mac to convert all FLAC to ALAC. but it can't process DSF files. 

post #3600 of 4968
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Can anyone recommend a CD ripper for Mac that can carry Matadata (with album art), apart from iTune.

 

My whole CD conversions are in WAV and was using MAX in the past.  Now MAX lost the Matadata function and I'd like to redo my CD ripping with album art.  

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Try Jriver MC19. It will tag your dsf files too....

 

Instead of re ripping, you can just convert the files to any format. Should add that there is a 30 days free trial..........


Edited by spkrs01 - 6/8/14 at 1:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240