or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 216

post #3226 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

Here I am again...keep getting a message "too many unsupported files, music player shutting down". Anyone have a thought? And I promise "no more pestering my fellow 240ers!

I started having this problem a couple weeks ago, I found a work around for the issue, but I have not been able to dig in and figure out a fix (was on travel last week). My workaround is that if you look at the artist list you will see a artist name (unknown) or something similar. Hold down on this folder and sweep it to the left to delete it on the AK, once this is done you will need to do a restart. I should have some time this week to dig into the problem and see if I can pin point the issue.

post #3227 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronb View Post

I started having this problem a couple weeks ago, I found a work around for the issue, but I have not been able to dig in and figure out a fix (was on travel last week). My workaround is that if you look at the artist list you will see a artist name (unknown) or something similar. Hold down on this folder and sweep it to the left to delete it on the AK, once this is done you will need to do a restart. I should have some time this week to dig into the problem and see if I can pin point the issue.
Great! Thank you for addressing, I look forward to you finding the issue. It can be truly annoying. I do hate to delete an entire folder I have created with lots of other music. So far I have been only deleting the individual albums that won't play-but perhaps it is within the folder. FYI someone suggested it was a downloaded corrupted file, but I've had the problem even with CDs. Wonder if it could be because the file is loaded in the iTunes music library? Or in AIFF? Just some thoughts for you; I am trying to be a helpful assistant!
post #3228 of 8541

Yeah I am using JRiver to synch playlist to the AK from a PC. All of my music is AIFF so I don't think that is the issue. Thanks for the data though that helps eliminate some of the areas I was going to look into, together we will get it figured out...LOL! :D

post #3229 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutjahjo View Post

Calyx M is actually very new. Seems so soon for people to forget. A bad omen for the product.

Indeed! The design and production process just took way too long.
post #3230 of 8541
It's a real bad idea to keep your AK-240 in your pocket,jamming away, while grinding down welds, on a 67 old's, that your restoring. Crap, I almost just crushed it, while shifting around..
post #3231 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronb View Post
 

Yeah I am using JRiver to synch playlist to the AK from a PC. All of my music is AIFF so I don't think that is the issue. Thanks for the data though that helps eliminate some of the areas I was going to look into, together we will get it figured out...LOL! :D

Your assistant reporting in: I just bought a flac file from HD which won't transfer. After 2 hours I got so frustrated that I did a reset of settings. At first it didn't return my folders, then it did except one, that I was suspicious of anyway (A download mixture from several different sites, iTunes playlists, aiff, lossless etc.) So far I am fixed! Everything now playing, transferring etc. flawlessly. It may be possible that one corrupt file make everything kaput. Here's hoping!

post #3232 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post

Your assistant reporting in: I just bought a flac file from HD which won't transfer. After 2 hours I got so frustrated that I did a reset of settings. At first it didn't return my folders, then it did except one, that I was suspicious of anyway (A download mixture from several different sites, iTunes playlists, aiff, lossless etc.) So far I am fixed! Everything now playing, transferring etc. flawlessly. It may be possible that one corrupt file make everything kaput. Here's hoping!
Yeah buddy, I had one corrupt file that screwed up my rig also. Smooth sailing after that.
post #3233 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewayne View Post
 

Your assistant reporting in: I just bought a flac file from HD which won't transfer. After 2 hours I got so frustrated that I did a reset of settings. At first it didn't return my folders, then it did except one, that I was suspicious of anyway (A download mixture from several different sites, iTunes playlists, aiff, lossless etc.) So far I am fixed! Everything now playing, transferring etc. flawlessly. It may be possible that one corrupt file make everything kaput. Here's hoping!

I have seen that as well, but I think there may be more to it. But, I am glad to hear that you are up and running!!

post #3234 of 8541

Hi guys. I got a question.

I know that 128GB Micro SD card came out three months ago. I'm sure 256GB Micro SD card and 512GB Micro SD card will come out sometime in this year or maybe by the next year. 

Do you guys think if 256GB or 512GB Micro SD card will work with AK240? We don't have them yet but I'm sure they will be available in the near future. 

Let me know what you guys think.

post #3235 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post

Hi guys. I got a question.
I know that 128GB Micro SD card came out three months ago. I'm sure 256GB Micro SD card and 512GB Micro SD card will come out sometime in this year or maybe by the next year. 
Do you guys think if 256GB or 512GB Micro SD card will work with AK240? We don't have them yet but I'm sure they will be available in the near future. 
Let me know what you guys think.

I'm sure it'll be at least a few years before a 256gb micro sd comes out. Even for the 128gb they had the remove the printed colored background to make it fit in sd card slots.
And there shouldn't be any problem with compatability even if a 1tb micro sd card comes out..
post #3236 of 8541
£1599 on eBay currently....
post #3237 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzfi View Post

£1599 on eBay currently....

 

Don't forget to add custom charges:eek:

post #3238 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
 

 

Don't forget to add custom charges:eek:

 

Take that back. It seems to be a UK sale, so no customs. I wonder where he is getting them from at that price.

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Astell-Kern-AK240-Portable-Hi-Fi-Audio-System-Silver-Media-Player-/291151283070?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item43c9f8037e

post #3239 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post

Take that back. It seems to be a UK sale, so no customs. I wonder where he is getting them from at that price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Astell-Kern-AK240-Portable-Hi-Fi-Audio-System-Silver-Media-Player-/291151283070?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item43c9f8037e

From Asia or US...
post #3240 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


From Asia or US...

 

It's from Asia I believe.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240