Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 203

post #3031 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Oh I completely agree with you here, if someone is looking for a totl all in one / self contained device then the rwak240 is it!

But for me, since I personally don't mind carrying around humongous stacks on the go, I will be pairing the hugo with an external amp (Wagnus Epsilon S), hence why I only care about the DAC section's performance & not the amp section's performance.

There's a different device for different people & different needs. smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, this is why i am myself using HUGO+TU-05 ( portable tube amp). A Nice tube colour to add some "body" onto the "purity" of the HUGO sound. :-)
Edited by bmichels - 5/12/14 at 12:31am
post #3032 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post


Yes, this is why i am myself using HUGO+TU-05 ( portable tube amp). A Nice tube colour to add some "body" onto the "purity" of the HUGO sound. :-)

 

Our rigs will both look like bombs at the airport :beerchug:

post #3033 of 4413
redface.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Our rigs will both look like bombs at the airport beerchug.gif
The NSA has just recorded this message, and the TSA will be waiting for you at the airport. Full body cavity search...wink.gif
Edited by kh600rr - 5/12/14 at 4:38am
post #3034 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

redface.gif
The NSA has just recorded this message, and the TSA will be waiting for you at the airport. Full body cavity search...wink.gif

 

.....and then the problem will cease since you will be on the "No Fly List"...forever!!

post #3035 of 4413

Has A&K fixed the stuttering while vertically scrolling through song list? It's kind of unacceptable on a $2k+ device lol.

post #3036 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post
 

what headphone/iem were you testing this with? sorry i forgot to quote and dunno how to delete the above post


Most of the testing was done with a Hifi Man  Wireworld silver eclipse  6 Hardwired HE500 with 4 pin XLR, with a SAA equinox  1/4 adapter cable into the Hugo

Vinnie had  a 4pin XLR adapter cable to 2.5mm TRRS to the RWA AK240,Also a balanced HD650 brought by Vinnie.

With the adapter cables it was easy to switch between the Hugo & RWA AK240 as both had female 4 pin XLRs .

 

Both The Hugo  & RWA K240 Handled both headphones really well to our surprise.The headphones where singing not just getting by.

post #3037 of 4413

Anyone know where I can get a good case for the AK240 in the USA?

post #3038 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozebuttons View Post
 


Most of the testing was done with a Hifi Man  Wireworld silver eclipse  6 Hardwired HE500 with 4 pin XLR, with a SAA equinox  1/4 adapter cable into the Hugo

Vinnie had  a 4pin XLR adapter cable to 2.5mm TRRS to the RWA AK240,Also a balanced HD650 brought by Vinnie.

With the adapter cables it was easy to switch between the Hugo & RWA AK240 as both had female 4 pin XLRs .

 

Both The Hugo  & RWA K240 Handled both headphones really well to our surprise.The headphones where singing not just getting by.

so, while most of the demoing was with headphones, do you think itll have any effect on iems?

post #3039 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozebuttons View Post


Most of the testing was done with a Hifi Man  Wireworld silver eclipse  6 Hardwired HE500 with 4 pin XLR, with a SAA equinox  1/4 adapter cable into the Hugo
Vinnie had  a 4pin XLR adapter cable to 2.5mm TRRS to the RWA AK240,Also a balanced HD650 brought by Vinnie.
With the adapter cables it was easy to switch between the Hugo & RWA AK240 as both had female 4 pin XLRs .

Both The Hugo  & RWA K240 Handled both headphones really well to our surprise.The headphones where singing not just getting by.

Good that RW gives us another choice but really wish they would build a DAP independently rather than modifying AK.
post #3040 of 4413

DIY a 2.5mm TRRS for my AK240/Tralucent Ref.1/Uber.

 

Initial impression was that music with higher density of rendition.  Layering, separations and imaging all improved.

 

post #3041 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post

Anyone know where I can get a good case for the AK240 in the USA?
If you mean the official leather case, is it even available in the physical stores yet in the states? Even for online stores it's pretty scarce, I remember seeing some UK site selling it for £99 which is crazy. Your best bet is to ask someone in Asia to get it for you, you can get it for around USD130 plus shipping.
post #3042 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozebuttons View Post


Most of the testing was done with a Hifi Man  Wireworld silver eclipse  6 Hardwired HE500 with 4 pin XLR, with a SAA equinox  1/4 adapter cable into the Hugo
Vinnie had  a 4pin XLR adapter cable to 2.5mm TRRS to the RWA AK240,Also a balanced HD650 brought by Vinnie.
With the adapter cables it was easy to switch between the Hugo & RWA AK240 as both had female 4 pin XLRs .

Both The Hugo  & RWA K240 Handled both headphones really well to our surprise.The headphones where singing not just getting by.

Have you try the rwak240's 3.5mm headphone out? Is it still as strong as the Hugo? smily_headphones1.gif

As I'm gonna use it to drive my TH900 and Vinnie told me that for TH900 the 3.5mm PO are more than enough... smily_headphones1.gif
post #3043 of 4413

Anyone taking forever just to transfer files into the internal storage of their AK240? 113mb takes 2 absurdly long minutes.

post #3044 of 4413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
 

Anyone taking forever just to transfer files into the internal storage of their AK240? 113mb takes 2 absurdly long minutes.

No, that's far too slow, almost 1MB/s which would be USB1 speeds.  Try using a different USB port.  Hope that is a real timing and not the progress indicator in windows when transfer is in progress.  MTP transfers have really buggy progress indicators in windows, always way too high.  In use I estimate about 15MB/s for internal storage.  For the microsd card it is slower than direct connection to the card.

post #3045 of 4413
Is anyone aware of any software that can be used to compare a directory on the pc with the ak240 music directory - Id like to use software such as syncback pro or file sync to keep the ak240 synced with the music on my windows 7 pc, but as the ak240 shows in windows as an android phone rather than a network drive, Ive not found any syncing software that will recognise the ak240.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240