or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 191

post #2851 of 8541
Hey there AK240 owners,

Hoping someone can help me with this. Recently just loaded a huge batch of music from my computer and other sources. There are multiple copies of several songs and songs that I don't really want on there. Is there a way to delete songs straight on the AK240, or do I have to plug it into the computer and do it from there?

Thanks!
post #2852 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

Hey there AK240 owners,

Hoping someone can help me with this. Recently just loaded a huge batch of music from my computer and other sources. There are multiple copies of several songs and songs that I don't really want on there. Is there a way to delete songs straight on the AK240, or do I have to plug it into the computer and do it from there?

Thanks!
No way I know of, you can delete songs directly through the AK, just open it in your computer settings, you can open various folders. It is kinda slow, doing it that way, but it works. If you have the same song, in different playlists, it will copy all.
post #2853 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

Hey there AK240 owners,

Hoping someone can help me with this. Recently just loaded a huge batch of music from my computer and other sources. There are multiple copies of several songs and songs that I don't really want on there. Is there a way to delete songs straight on the AK240, or do I have to plug it into the computer and do it from there?

Thanks!


Goto folder on the AK240 home screen, you can hold down the song/album etc and it goes to  anew screen where you can drag that song/album to the left to be deleted.

post #2854 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post


Goto folder on the AK240 home screen, you can hold down the song/album etc and it goes to  anew screen where you can drag that song/album to the left to be deleted.
Really,thanks.
post #2855 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post
 

Anyone have the bug on the AK240 when you add ape files, it reads the tags except for Album.  It files the album as the same name as the artist.  I couldn't workaround that so reconverted the files to flac.  Can someone pls confirm this bug?

 

I have had similar experiences.   However, I am not sure that it is an AK240 problem.   Whenever I have that issue, I open up the file in thegodfather program, the album entry is always blank.   My suspicion is that the tags in ape files (at least some) are not id3 compliant.   You can fix that by entering the album name manually with the tag program you use.

post #2856 of 8541

Hey fellas, I was just wondering if there were any AK240 users who had also used the RWAK120 s or b and might be able to comment on how comparable the sound quality is between the two?

 

I am only considering going down the Red Wine route as I already have an AK and I was going to pick up a portable balanced amp, making the move up a fair bit cheaper. Obviously the portability, storage and UI do not compare, but I am curious of how close the two are on a purely SQ basis.

 

Cheers

post #2857 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post


Goto folder on the AK240 home screen, you can hold down the song/album etc and it goes to  anew screen where you can drag that song/album to the left to be deleted.

 



Fantastic, thanks for the help. I think it was a feature on the AK100 I had so I would have been surprised if the option wasn't available.
post #2858 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post
 

Hey fellas, I was just wondering if there were any AK240 users who had also used the RWAK120 s or b and might be able to comment on how comparable the sound quality is between the two?

 

I am only considering going down the Red Wine route as I already have an AK and I was going to pick up a portable balanced amp, making the move up a fair bit cheaper. Obviously the portability, storage and UI do not compare, but I am curious of how close the two are on a purely SQ basis.

 

Cheers

I initially thought the tag was missing the album field but I copied the files back to pc and the album field was filled in according to mp3tag.  This happened on all 4 ape albums and not on the flac albums.  I even tried deleting all tags from the ape files and recreating but still the same, artist, song name were read but it still sorted the album name as the artist name.  Recreating ad flac file resolved this but it's a huge hassle for hundreds of files since I have to go back and reattach album art, not to mention slow transfer rates to the AK240 again.

post #2859 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post
 


Goto folder on the AK240 home screen, you can hold down the song/album etc and it goes to  anew screen where you can drag that song/album to the left to be deleted.

 



Fantastic, thanks for the help. I think it was a feature on the AK100 I had so I would have been surprised if the option wasn't available.

NP, I discovered this feature when I deleted files from the pc then had errors copying them back on the AK240.  Don't know if MTP is slow to refresh or a bug where the AK240 doesn't update the file system.  I ended up seeing the ghost folders with no content when I used folder view.  So now I delete folders from the AK240 if I need to replace them for tags etc

post #2860 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantana View Post
 

NP, I discovered this feature when I deleted files from the pc then had errors copying them back on the AK240.  Don't know if MTP is slow to refresh or a bug where the AK240 doesn't update the file system.  I ended up seeing the ghost folders with no content when I used folder view.  So now I delete folders from the AK240 if I need to replace them for tags etc

I've deleted a whole album too :) 

post #2861 of 8541

I've heard this player, and to my ears it is indeed an excellent sounding player.  I was wondering what it is it's design that sets it apart from other DAPs or provides the quality sound output.  Does anybody have details on that?  :tongue_smile:

post #2862 of 8541


My ak240 in a sexy mood. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2863 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post



My ak240 in a sexy mood. smily_headphones1.gif

Whoaaaa that's hot....😘 I like it a lot, I do wish they would've went with a very deep color red as it goes very nice with the finish...but never the less that is very very hot...
post #2864 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post



My ak240 in a sexy mood. smily_headphones1.gif
So much nicer then the stock case..
post #2865 of 8541
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post



My ak240 in a sexy mood. smily_headphones1.gif

Lovely! But I still prefer naked over any dresses.... biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240