Jimmy in Chicago and willcall him tomorrow to get the review unit hooked in and see how it works with the imac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:00am in Portable Source Gear
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 4/28/15 at 12:03am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- How much better can the DAP listening experience get? Last post on 2/17/15 at 6:53am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell kern ak120 help or advice needed Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Scheduled to be fixed ion the next release. :-)
I am using a cable from UE on my UE18 but Drew at Moons doing both cables for both IEM. I have not used one on the Roxanne yet.
UE sells 2.5mm balanced cables or are you just using the standard supplied single ended cable like me?
They sent me a cable looks like it was standard cable with a new jack
Try contacting Ted the owner/cable maker of Headphone Lounge. Good pricing, good quality, excellent customer service. Bought my 240 and balanced cable for the UM Mentor from him.
For covers on the AK240. Do I need to tag the covers to the files to make covers appear. When I put "folder.jpg" into the folder with the music files (flac, mp3) the cover is now shown.
Are there any size requirements for this to work as I find that adding the cover to each file adds more size to each file.
I like the fact that RW gives consumer a choice, but so hoping they will make their own player to compete.
Not done a marathon session yet but playing 16/44 flacs it uses up 10% an hour on my UE18 pro. WIFI and BT off, minimal screen time. Any higher rates eg 24/96 or DSD will consume battery life faster. Want more battery life then get an external USB battery pack
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)