Jimmy in Chicago and willcall him tomorrow to get the review unit hooked in and see how it works with the imac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations wanted for Full size headphones for an active lifestyle (mainly metal and Trance ) Last post on 8/14/14 at 4:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone performance 880 Last post on 8/10/14 at 10:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Scheduled to be fixed ion the next release. :-)
I am using a cable from UE on my UE18 but Drew at Moons doing both cables for both IEM. I have not used one on the Roxanne yet.
UE sells 2.5mm balanced cables or are you just using the standard supplied single ended cable like me?
They sent me a cable looks like it was standard cable with a new jack
Try contacting Ted the owner/cable maker of Headphone Lounge. Good pricing, good quality, excellent customer service. Bought my 240 and balanced cable for the UM Mentor from him.
For covers on the AK240. Do I need to tag the covers to the files to make covers appear. When I put "folder.jpg" into the folder with the music files (flac, mp3) the cover is now shown.
Are there any size requirements for this to work as I find that adding the cover to each file adds more size to each file.
I like the fact that RW gives consumer a choice, but so hoping they will make their own player to compete.
It seems to depend on what music you play. Someone used it for about 7 hours, which seems about right. I find it drains faster playing DSD files.
Not done a marathon session yet but playing 16/44 flacs it uses up 10% an hour on my UE18 pro. WIFI and BT off, minimal screen time. Any higher rates eg 24/96 or DSD will consume battery life faster. Want more battery life then get an external USB battery pack
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Heir Audio 4.a 42 seconds ago
- › Volume problem with my Corsair SP2500 due to blown fuse. 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › My impressions of Audeze LCD-2 Non-Fazor vs LCD-2 Fazor and HELP... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ADV Alpha | Logitech UE900 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › sennheiser game zero - help request 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)