Jimmy in Chicago and willcall him tomorrow to get the review unit hooked in and see how it works with the imac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread Last post on 8/26/15 at 4:09am in Portable Source Gear
- Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) Last post on 8/26/15 at 7:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK380 Last post on Today at 9:51 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold Last post on 8/19/15 at 8:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo Last post on 8/17/15 at 10:49am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Scheduled to be fixed ion the next release. :-)
I am using a cable from UE on my UE18 but Drew at Moons doing both cables for both IEM. I have not used one on the Roxanne yet.
UE sells 2.5mm balanced cables or are you just using the standard supplied single ended cable like me?
They sent me a cable looks like it was standard cable with a new jack
Try contacting Ted the owner/cable maker of Headphone Lounge. Good pricing, good quality, excellent customer service. Bought my 240 and balanced cable for the UM Mentor from him.
For covers on the AK240. Do I need to tag the covers to the files to make covers appear. When I put "folder.jpg" into the folder with the music files (flac, mp3) the cover is now shown.
Are there any size requirements for this to work as I find that adding the cover to each file adds more size to each file.
I like the fact that RW gives consumer a choice, but so hoping they will make their own player to compete.
Not done a marathon session yet but playing 16/44 flacs it uses up 10% an hour on my UE18 pro. WIFI and BT off, minimal screen time. Any higher rates eg 24/96 or DSD will consume battery life faster. Want more battery life then get an external USB battery pack
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! 29 seconds ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Samson sr850 vs superlux 668b vs takstar pro80 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMann HE-1000 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2