Jimmy in Chicago and willcall him tomorrow to get the review unit hooked in and see how it works with the imac.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DX90 vs ak240 vs ak120 help Last post on 7/23/14 at 11:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell&Kern AK100 II and AK120 II UK Pre Order Available Now Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:27am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ultimate Ears + Astell & Kern Ultimate Bundle Deal Last post on Today at 10:17 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- AK120 with Cypher labs duet? Last post on 7/16/14 at 9:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Scheduled to be fixed ion the next release. :-)
I am using a cable from UE on my UE18 but Drew at Moons doing both cables for both IEM. I have not used one on the Roxanne yet.
UE sells 2.5mm balanced cables or are you just using the standard supplied single ended cable like me?
They sent me a cable looks like it was standard cable with a new jack
Try contacting Ted the owner/cable maker of Headphone Lounge. Good pricing, good quality, excellent customer service. Bought my 240 and balanced cable for the UM Mentor from him.
For covers on the AK240. Do I need to tag the covers to the files to make covers appear. When I put "folder.jpg" into the folder with the music files (flac, mp3) the cover is now shown.
Are there any size requirements for this to work as I find that adding the cover to each file adds more size to each file.
I like the fact that RW gives consumer a choice, but so hoping they will make their own player to compete.
It seems to depend on what music you play. Someone used it for about 7 hours, which seems about right. I find it drains faster playing DSD files.
Not done a marathon session yet but playing 16/44 flacs it uses up 10% an hour on my UE18 pro. WIFI and BT off, minimal screen time. Any higher rates eg 24/96 or DSD will consume battery life faster. Want more battery life then get an external USB battery pack
- The Astell & Kern AK240
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability 5 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 16 seconds ago
- › Westone 3 IEMs - excellent condition! 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CK10 2 minutes ago
- › is the such a thing as a neutral amp? 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Ha-200 Headphone amps. I have 2 for monoblock set up 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)