Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK240 - Page 185

post #2761 of 4443

Still cheaper than the stock AK240 in Germany. :redface:


Edited by aLm0sT - 4/22/14 at 1:06pm
post #2762 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post
 

You can buy the gold AK240 here: http://www.dma-audio.com/product_detail.php?id=2373
2
4800HKD ~ $3200USD

Are there any other differences except case color and doc included?

post #2763 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

Are there any other differences except case color and doc included?

Nope. From what I can tell its only cosmetic changes. Limited to 300 units. 

post #2764 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post
 

Nope. From what I can tell its only cosmetic changes. Limited to 300 units. 

Well,,,,,,i bought a limited edition Pono dap.......na.....i like my 240 unit so much I'd be afraid there would be the slightest difference, not to mention, inside the case no one sees the much gold.

post #2765 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

Well,,,,,,i bought a limited edition Pono dap.......na.....i like my 240 unit so much I'd be afraid there would be the slightest difference, not to mention, inside the case no one sees the much gold.

To each is own. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are willing to pay it's exclusivity. 

As far as internal changes go, the only guy I trust is Vinnie from RW. BTW, he has just released his mods for the AK240. 
You can check it out here: http://redwineaudio.com/mods/rwak240

post #2766 of 4443

I think the gold edition also includes a bluetooth remote.

post #2767 of 4443
post #2768 of 4443

I want one of those BT remotes. Hope A&K offers it separately.

post #2769 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post

I want one of those BT remotes. Hope A&K offers it separately.


I agree, but can't imagine how much they would ask for it 😲
post #2770 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

Just FYI, effectively, there is no effective difference between a "line out" and a headphone out when using either with another amp, if the voltage output is the same. :smile: 

I think in the case of HUGO all of its connection can act as line out as it has amp section, so it is really directly coming from the processor.

post #2771 of 4443

Hi all,

 

The new firmware for the AK240 (V1.11) is now available via OTA download.

 

The changes to this firmware can be found at the following link:

 

http://www.iriver.com/company/notice_view.asp?sno=80&irTop=0

 

Thanks

post #2772 of 4443
Noted with thanks!
post #2773 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph86 View Post
 

Hi all,

 

The new firmware for the AK240 (V1.11) is now available via OTA download.

 

The changes to this firmware can be found at the following link:

 

http://www.iriver.com/company/notice_view.asp?sno=80&irTop=0

 

Thanks

 

great.

 

can someone can post a screen picture of this new V1.11 feature : " Album Art thumbnail list added. " 

 

 

 

 

thanks


Edited by bmichels - 4/24/14 at 1:48am
post #2774 of 4443
Taken from iPhone, not the best quality but it should give the idea.





Edited by Fafner - 4/24/14 at 1:37am
post #2775 of 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafner View Post

Taken from iPhone, not the best quality but it should give the idea.




 

Thanks a lot. very helpful: now It's UI is almost on par with the (supposed) Calyx "M" UI.  

 

- Is the "album art" presentation only available in the "album" function ?  Or does it also show album art thumbnails in other part of the UI, like for example when showing the content of a playlist or in "genre" or " artits" or "Folder "

 

- Is the scroll still zappy when using "album art" ? or does it show lags..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK240