The DX90 will also do DSD. I don't have any DSD but it seems to be popular with some. Also 24/192 of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- recommended player with line out and bluetooth output, support for microSD? Last post on 12/23/13 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on 4/18/14 at 6:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model Last post on Today at 5:36 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Anyone using Beyerdynamics DT1350 with the iBasso DX50 Last post on 4/6/14 at 3:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which route to high res audio? Last post on 4/2/14 at 2:44pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . .. . . . - Page 6post #76 of 388812/27/13 at 11:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 388812/27/13 at 11:52pmpost #78 of 388812/28/13 at 12:24am
I really don't understand the complaints about DX50 stability. Mine is on the latest firmware, loaded with 64gigs of cleanly tagged flac (and no stray files). It's been burning in my PB2 and as of this moment it has been running 95 hours non-stop, looping through my music. Yes, the DX50 had its quirks when it came out, just like all other players. But Ibasso has been working their butts off to fix them at an impressive rate.
I, for one, will be throwing money at Ibasso for a DX90 as soon as they'll let me. I loved the DX100, I love the DX50 and I'm kinda crushing on the DX90 just by the description.post #79 of 388812/28/13 at 12:27amThread Starter
That is great. I laughed, in a good way. I never thought of crushing on a dap. What have we come to? lolpost #80 of 388812/28/13 at 12:34amQuote:
Well, looks (and specs) is one thing, what matters is how it sounds, As a teenager I had a thing for Helena Christensen that ended the second I heard her speak.post #81 of 388812/28/13 at 2:07am
Too bad that they kept the 8 gb in built capacity. I wish it was like FiiO X5 or at least 64 gb in built memory. Another option is full size sd card support but I think they skip that one too.
When dap producers will make high capacity players?
I like the idea behind this dap, all this dual dac and improving together with DX50 as well as using its advantages. However, I find 8 gb + 64 gb is too small for me.
Oh please, don't come with USB storage option, it is just an extra thickness in my pocket.post #82 of 388812/28/13 at 2:09ampost #83 of 388812/28/13 at 2:18am
People were talking about the same plan when they released DX50, it didn't happen. I doubt it will happen with DX90 but if they really do, I would go for the highest capacity and that would be the game changer for me to buy DX90.post #84 of 388812/28/13 at 2:25ampost #85 of 388812/28/13 at 2:50am
X5 wins in dual card slot and attractive price
DX90 wins in USB audio out and dual DAC and of coz ibasso sound
I can get both at around the same price of ZX-1... couldnt be an easier choice, get them both!post #86 of 388812/28/13 at 2:52amQuote:
I wish that the display was higher resolution. Oh wait... ;-)post #87 of 388812/28/13 at 2:57amTera needs no firmware updates.... But when I will be out enjoying music you will be stuck indoors searching for updates to fix your bugs..
Oh wait ....you have never listened to Tera before..have you?post #88 of 388812/28/13 at 3:05am
From the discussion so far, i guess iBasso has cleverly made/named the dap as DX90 as a truly step down from DX100.
Every positive aspect of the DX90 is "limited" in some way yet covers a dap segment yet to be filled.
Dual Sabre ESS9018 mk2, but dual dac with less cores than single ESS9018 in DX100
DSD support, but with 8GB internal + 64GB card + OTG (limited to niche users imo)
in iBasso's line up it would be,
and if we stack the rest based on SQ alone ( + / - thereabouts), based on my own experience with those available and impressions gathered, it would look likely to be,
2. AK120 / DX100 / ZX1 / Tera <- crowded
3. X5 / DX90 <- yet to be filled
4. DX50 / AK100
ibasso knows exactly where they want the DX90 to be at.post #89 of 388812/28/13 at 3:05am
The anythingyoucandoicandobetter action between Fiio and iBasso is quite interesting - it's getting to the level of Hansel vs. Zoolander. Here's to hoping for a nice, stable FW from day one (and to one of them being able to go "full monk.")post #90 of 388812/28/13 at 3:07amQuote:
Guilty as charged. :-)
I was interested but the dude doubled the price. Pure extortion but if people will pay why not I guess.
Bugs on the DX50 is mostly myth. But I am waiting on the gapless fix. Cheers!
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/28/13 at 3:38am
- iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . .. . . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Why have more than a few pairs of headphones? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 9 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard anything about the Oppo HA-1 balanced headphone... 10 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob