Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- recommended player with line out and bluetooth output, support for microSD? Last post on 12/23/13 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on Yesterday at 12:49 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model Last post on Today at 5:51 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Anyone using Beyerdynamics DT1350 with the iBasso DX50 Last post on 4/6/14 at 3:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which route to high res audio? Last post on 4/2/14 at 2:44pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . .. . . . - Page 5post #61 of 417212/27/13 at 8:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 417212/27/13 at 8:35pmThread Starter
No matter what hardware used, no matter how many op amps, how few, how many dacs, how few, there will always be a reason why it should be done this way or that. I think iBasso knows what they are doing and look forward to the sound and implementation. I like the idea of dual dacs, done it myself in my home system when I designed it and could hear the difference, as an improvement. As in Audio Note UK base to start with.post #63 of 417212/27/13 at 8:39pmWhere is kkcc? He always wanted something like this a less bulky dx100, sort of expecting the same from dx50 but well the dx50 turned out to be targeting the lower tier instead
I am just glad i waited and not getting the zx-1 and hm802.post #64 of 417212/27/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
I think you can get the first DX 90 , because you live ina Hong Kong is very close to Chinapost #65 of 417212/27/13 at 8:51pmQuote:Thanks, Rudi. Hong Kong is part of China.
I hope to order as soon as its available on the website. I stayed up later to wait for dx50 last time. Please keep me in first batch this time too, ibassopost #66 of 417212/27/13 at 9:25pmpost #67 of 417212/27/13 at 9:29pmpost #68 of 417212/27/13 at 9:32pmpost #69 of 417212/27/13 at 9:33pmpost #70 of 417212/27/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
I like the dimensions and overall design of DX50. Only if they make it a bit thinner...post #71 of 417212/27/13 at 9:50pmpost #72 of 417212/27/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Thinner would be nice but I won't hold my breath.
They might accomplish that if they came out with a line out only DAP. Likely? No. Ridiculous? Far from it. Lots of us only use an external amp. RWA are catering to that with some of their AK mods but the combined price (AK + RWA) is astronomical and I haven't seen enough reviews to suggest that the results are worth it.post #73 of 417212/27/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Maybe, but for a new model I would prefer a new/fresher design than reusing the same one as DX50.
To me I still prefer AK design than the DX. Would like to see a new different design that would surpass the AK. Subjective I knowpost #74 of 417212/27/13 at 10:35pmThread StarterQuote:
The DX50 hasn't even been out for 6 months. I have the iRiver H120 and H140 and what they did was to make the H140 thicker to accommodate the 40gb hd vs the 20gb. The case stayed the same for the entire run. Then iRiver went down hill from there until they started again with the a k100. I guess they could change the case but I doubt it. Works fine for me anyway. Thinner is always nice to. :^) Well not all that long to find out.post #75 of 417212/27/13 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Thinner would be nice but I won't hold my breath.
They might accomplish that if they came out with a line out only DAP. Likely? No. Ridiculous? Far from it. Lots of us only use an external amp. RWA are catering to that with some of their AK mods but the combined price (AK + RWA) is astronomical and I haven't seen enough reviews to suggest that the results are worth it.
If it's line out only I will bite if ...
1. It's thinner
2. Full SD instead on micro SD
3. Full USB DAC support.
4. Optical, Coax and USB out mode so you can hook it up to another USB DAC (e.g. HiFi-M8)
5. Not a top featrure, but nice if they could reduce the Vout of the Line out to 1Vrms instead of 1.5V. I find it a bit too hot for sensitive, low impedance iems which limits the volume pot travel on some amp or distort signal on high gain if you use high impedance, inefficient full cans. In short, make it more versatile that what DX50 currently is. Or better make this a selectable option, like how a gain selector switch works on HO.
Too much to ask?
Edited by headwhacker - 12/27/13 at 11:24pm
- iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st page. . .. . . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Logitech UE 9000 vs AKG K845BT 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Can you get the V moda m 100 for around $200? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › New to here, need some suggestions, thanks! 5 minutes ago
- › New to here, new some suggestions, thanks! 5 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude