The DX90 will also do DSD. I don't have any DSD but it seems to be popular with some. Also 24/192 of course.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- recommended player with line out and bluetooth output, support for microSD? Last post on 12/23/13 at 12:54am in Portable Source Gear
- The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market Last post on Today at 9:00 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- recommendations please-- DAC/DAP players portable Last post on 2/23/14 at 8:51am in Portable Source Gear
- opinions needed for better portable setup Last post on 2/27/14 at 10:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming soon to the high end DAP... - Page 6post #76 of 108712/27/13 at 11:20pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 108712/27/13 at 11:52pmpost #78 of 108712/28/13 at 12:24am
I really don't understand the complaints about DX50 stability. Mine is on the latest firmware, loaded with 64gigs of cleanly tagged flac (and no stray files). It's been burning in my PB2 and as of this moment it has been running 95 hours non-stop, looping through my music. Yes, the DX50 had its quirks when it came out, just like all other players. But Ibasso has been working their butts off to fix them at an impressive rate.
I, for one, will be throwing money at Ibasso for a DX90 as soon as they'll let me. I loved the DX100, I love the DX50 and I'm kinda crushing on the DX90 just by the description.post #79 of 108712/28/13 at 12:27amThread Starter
That is great. I laughed, in a good way. I never thought of crushing on a dap. What have we come to? lolpost #80 of 108712/28/13 at 12:34amQuote:
Well, looks (and specs) is one thing, what matters is how it sounds, As a teenager I had a thing for Helena Christensen that ended the second I heard her speak.post #81 of 108712/28/13 at 2:07am
Too bad that they kept the 8 gb in built capacity. I wish it was like FiiO X5 or at least 64 gb in built memory. Another option is full size sd card support but I think they skip that one too.
When dap producers will make high capacity players?
I like the idea behind this dap, all this dual dac and improving together with DX50 as well as using its advantages. However, I find 8 gb + 64 gb is too small for me.
Oh please, don't come with USB storage option, it is just an extra thickness in my pocket.post #82 of 108712/28/13 at 2:09ampost #83 of 108712/28/13 at 2:18am
People were talking about the same plan when they released DX50, it didn't happen. I doubt it will happen with DX90 but if they really do, I would go for the highest capacity and that would be the game changer for me to buy DX90.post #84 of 108712/28/13 at 2:25ampost #85 of 108712/28/13 at 2:50am
X5 wins in dual card slot and attractive price
DX90 wins in USB audio out and dual DAC and of coz ibasso sound
I can get both at around the same price of ZX-1... couldnt be an easier choice, get them both!post #86 of 108712/28/13 at 2:52amQuote:
I wish that the display was higher resolution. Oh wait... ;-)post #87 of 108712/28/13 at 2:57amTera needs no firmware updates.... But when I will be out enjoying music you will be stuck indoors searching for updates to fix your bugs..
Oh wait ....you have never listened to Tera before..have you?post #88 of 108712/28/13 at 3:05am
From the discussion so far, i guess iBasso has cleverly made/named the dap as DX90 as a truly step down from DX100.
Every positive aspect of the DX90 is "limited" in some way yet covers a dap segment yet to be filled.
Dual Sabre ESS9018 mk2, but dual dac with less cores than single ESS9018 in DX100
DSD support, but with 8GB internal + 64GB card + OTG (limited to niche users imo)
in iBasso's line up it would be,
and if we stack the rest based on SQ alone ( + / - thereabouts), based on my own experience with those available and impressions gathered, it would look likely to be,
2. AK120 / DX100 / ZX1 / Tera <- crowded
3. X5 / DX90 <- yet to be filled
4. DX50 / AK100
ibasso knows exactly where they want the DX90 to be at.post #89 of 108712/28/13 at 3:05am
The anythingyoucandoicandobetter action between Fiio and iBasso is quite interesting - it's getting to the level of Hansel vs. Zoolander. Here's to hoping for a nice, stable FW from day one (and to one of them being able to go "full monk.")post #90 of 108712/28/13 at 3:07amQuote:
Guilty as charged. :-)
I was interested but the dude doubled the price. Pure extortion but if people will pay why not I guess.
Bugs on the DX50 is mostly myth. But I am waiting on the gapless fix. Cheers!
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/28/13 at 3:38am
- iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming soon to the high end DAP market. . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- iBasso DX100 Reference DAPNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 15 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 19 seconds ago
- › $150-$200 Over Ear Headphone Recommendation 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 38 seconds ago
- › Bob Dylan albums - Itunes vs. everything else. 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Commodore 64 music - binaural mix 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Best DAC/Amp combo for movies and Grado RS1 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude