Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download & general information . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download & general information . . . . .... - Page 291

post #4351 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

So you recommend to be on high gain also with IEMs, for example my Shure SE846?

 




Just take note the volume control of DX90 is digital. If you always set it to high gain using an iem and accidentally press and hold the volume up button it can be very painful for your ear. Not to mention it could damage your iem. But I guess you will damage your hearing first then the iem.

The gain switch is not there just to match headphone sensitivity. It is also a safety switch for very sensitive iems.
Edited by headwhacker - 4/29/14 at 4:36pm
post #4352 of 7261

I put my DX90 up for sale on here, but then I discovered that there is a crack or flaw in the screen of my unit. I never dropped the unit and it seems that the screen is defective. Here is a picture:

 

It also appears like there is a bubble around the crack. At first I thought it was just a bubble under the screen saver, but then I removed the screen saver and the crack and the bubble are still there. Again, I did not mishandle or mistreat the DX90 in any way...but I first noticed this when I applied the screen saver, so it might have happened when I was gently but firmly pressing on the screen to smooth out a few bubbles that formed when I placed the screen saver in place. I did not apply a lot of pressure, but it seems there was maybe a flaw in the screen that caused it to crack as I pressed on it.

 

Has anyone on here ever experienced something like this? I am thinking there was maybe a tiny chip out of the edge of the screen that cracked when I pressed on it. Kind of like how a chip in your windshield can spread into a crack.

I have contacted the seller and am asking for either a refund or repair/replacement. If I do get a DX90 back from them, it will go back up for sale on here.


Edited by Nirmalanow - 4/29/14 at 6:59pm
post #4353 of 7261
I pressed on the screen really hard to clear out the bubbles when I apply the screen and I don't see any hint of crack anywhere.
post #4354 of 7261

I did not see a crack for the several days before I applied the screen saver, but then when I was applying the screen saver, it appeared. At first I thought I had managed to catch a dog hair under the screen saver (we have two Corgis). But I was then surprised when it was still there after I removed the screen saver.

post #4355 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmalanow View Post

I did not see a crack for the several days before I applied the screen saver, but then when I was applying the screen saver, it appeared. At first I thought I had managed to catch a dog hair under the screen saver (we have two Corgis). But I was then surprised when it was still there after I removed the screen saver.


 



Applying the screen protector out of the box is the first thing I did even before turning the DX90 on for the first time. It' been 11 days now and I still don't see any crack. It's just a defective unit. i suppose warranty should have it covered.
post #4356 of 7261
I sent mine back because 'phone jack out of order, iBasso sent back on that day after I mailed them the postage receipt.
post #4357 of 7261
I mean new unit.
post #4358 of 7261

I bought mine on Amazon and the seller already told me that the warranty service is through them as iBasso is now offering warranty service through their US dealers and distributor. I will report back here how it goes with the seller, ProStudio Sound and Music, which has been offering the DX90 on Amazon.

post #4359 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTou069 View Post

So you recommend to be on high gain also with IEMs, for example my Shure SE846?

 




Just take note the volume control of DX90 is digital. If you always set it to high gain using an iem and accidentally press and hold the volume up button it can be very painful for your ear. Not to mention it could damage your iem. But I guess you will damage your hearing first then the iem.

The gain switch is not there just to match headphone sensitivity. It is also a safety switch for very sensitive iems.

Do you think iit'spossible to damage the Roxanne on high gain?
Edited by wickson - 4/29/14 at 9:13pm
post #4360 of 7261

I accidentally with out lowering volume plug in my FitEar 335 after using burn in cable on Hi-Gain at 210, quite an ear shattering, but my 335 is still ok.

post #4361 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriciolguin View Post
 

 

 

 

That´s true. But I can compare the sound of my HE-500 without the emotiva driven only by the DX90. I will give you my opinion very soon.

 

Thank you very much bro

post #4362 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post

Do you think iit'spossible to damage the Roxanne on high gain?

At low gain, I can only take the volume up to 220 but its very loud and I wouldn't listen at that level for more than a minute. I guess if you leave roxanne long enough at high gain and volume around 240 or higher it can be damaged.
post #4363 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


That's the same setup I'll be using - DX90 + HE-400 smily_headphones1.gif

No tracking number for me yet, but I did order after the initial rush frown.gif

That's the same setup I'm planning to have, but I'm seriously considering returning my just new HE-400's and wait for HE-400i.. don't know what to do :L3000:

post #4364 of 7261
What are people using to charge this thing out of the wall? I never owned the DX50.

Can I use the Apple charger ...




which I think is 5V 1A?
post #4365 of 7261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

What are people using to charge this thing out of the wall? I never owned the DX50.



Can I use the Apple charger ...









which I think is 5V 1A?

 



I used the apple charger for my iPad. It charges the DX90 very quick. I tried an old charger for my long gone plantronics bluetooth headset and it works fine as well. Basically any USB charger should work just fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download & general information . . . . . . . . . .