Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 66

post #976 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

-------------------------

 

The 128gb micro SD Sandisk was released on Amazon and Best Buy. Now I get a notice that they won't ship until April 1. Seems they have not been truthful about the true release. 

I order 4 128Gb micro SD card from Amazon and delivery date is March 18 or 19th, order placed on 24th.

post #977 of 8574
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post
 

I order 4 128Gb micro SD card from Amazon and delivery date is March 18 or 19th, order placed on 24th.

My mistake, I meant April 1. 

post #978 of 8574

I'm confused. Why are we rating / comparing how the DX90 sounds when no one has even heard it yet?

post #979 of 8574
Speculating not rating
post #980 of 8574
When you've been around head-fi long enough, you too will be able to hear how something sounds just by reading the specs and forum posts - doesn't matter if it's been released or not.

ph34r.gif
post #981 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc8000 View Post

Speculating not rating
You mean specu-rating.
post #982 of 8574

I think what may have been missed is that those 'charts' being posted a couple of pages back were very 'tongue-in-cheek' - i.e. not meant seriously.

post #983 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

I have both at the moment , the X5 sounds brighter to me than the 3rd

Thanks Kt.   So its closer to X5 seems closer to the V possibly.   Glad Jamato didn't bother himself with my question, LOL.

post #984 of 8574
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post

 
Thanks Kt.   So its closer to X5 seems closer to the V possibly.   Glad Jamato didn't bother himself with my question, LOL.
They provide a different window on the music. The X5 is less layered but more authoritative but the X3 has more air or a lightness to the sound. I am not crazy about the UI of either. Either one should be enjoyable for music, just a different venue, as you often find in live music and the effect on the sounds. 

I don't always have a lot of time to compare everything on a in-depth basis. I often listen to what I get new and can write about that but a lot of back and forth, to give an honest opinion, takes time. I work 12.5 days often 6 in a row and sometimes over 90 hours a week as a ER and critical care nurse. I do what I can. 
Edited by jamato8 - 3/1/14 at 3:00pm
post #985 of 8574

sorry Jamato, guess I was abit overly sensitive and didn't think about the other person and their life.   One of my "character defects", LOL!

But thanks for your explaination!:beerchug:   As you can see, I'm considering getting a new DAP and gathering info.   And your point is well taken about the UI of the X5.   What I'm actually looking for is either a player that has a similar signature as what the T1 adds to the Studio V or 3rd Anniv or possibly any player.   Or a player that has a true line out for my T1, which I'm just guessing that a true line out would sound better than the V or 3rd anniv ear out, but it could be more complicated than that.   I do love my velcroed brick with the 3rd and T1, but really hate the UI  and the long start up time of the Hsound.

post #986 of 8574
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post
 

sorry Jamato, guess I was abit overly sensitive and didn't think about the other person and their life.   One of my "character defects", LOL!

But thanks for your explaination!:beerchug:   As you can see, I'm considering getting a new DAP and gathering info.   And your point is well taken about the UI of the X5.   What I'm actually looking for is either a player that has a similar signature as what the T1 adds to the Studio V or 3rd Anniv or possibly any player.   Or a player that has a true line out for my T1, which I'm just guessing that a true line out would sound better than the V or 3rd anniv ear out, but it could be more complicated than that.   I do love my velcroed brick with the 3rd and T1, but really hate the UI  and the long start up time of the Hsound.

That's ok. I truly wish I had more time to listen. I would listen all the time. . . what a joy. :^) 

 

I just find it exciting that we are coming into an age of great dap players. It's all good. 

post #987 of 8574

So what's the release date ?

 

I want to pre-order the X5 but there's a voice telling me that I should wait for the DX90. 

post #988 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfillion View Post

So what's the release date ?

I want to pre-order the X5 but there's a voice telling me that I should wait for the DX90. 
15-20th
post #989 of 8574
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post


15-20th

 

Ok thanks.

post #990 of 8574

Shame, I lost to the lure of the Portaphile 627 Micro so I have to wait until the summer when I finally get enough money to purchase this!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .