Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 494

post #7396 of 8312

i ave installed the international FW on my DX90. 

when i select mango, i got the official UI of DX90.

but when starting, when i select the Rockbox, i don't know how to play my music.

 

for your information : i don't have any music stocked on my internal memory,

i have a sd card 128 GO, and all my music is stocked in that sd card.

 

Could you please help me with detailed process on how to play the music on the sd card using rockbox ? 

 

it will be my first time to use rock box.

 

an other question, if i use the mango, will i get the sound quality appreciated by most of those who tested the sound with rock box installed on their DX90 ?

 

sam

post #7397 of 8312
Just installed the intl version FW 2.1 by Lurker. When I checked system info, it is still 2.10. Should this be the case?
post #7398 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker0 View Post

Is it from your experience already, or just speculations? From the tests made by me and some testers, the battery life is almost the same, and that's what I mentioned in the description.

CPU itself consumes only a fraction of the overall device power requirements.

From my experience rooting andriod phone and using different CPU governors. Frankly speaking I do not mind if any a shorter battery life I m more concern on the sq. Thanks for the mod at least I know my dx90 is always running at full performance mode for music playback.

The international v2 is the best sounding firmware IMHO. Btw I listen to sharp roll off.
post #7399 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard327 View Post

Just installed the intl version FW 2.1 by Lurker. When I checked system info, it is still 2.10. Should this be the case?
Yes it is normal it is a modded v2.1
post #7400 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtoes View Post


Yes it is normal it is a modded v2.1

I just installed the modded firmware. Will give it a listen later today, but how do I know if it installed over the Ibasso version as both say v2.1.0?

post #7401 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
 

I just installed the modded firmware. Will give it a listen later today, but how do I know if it installed over the Ibasso version as both say v2.1.0?

The font will look different

post #7402 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper8 View Post
 

The font will look different


It will also sound better.  :)

post #7403 of 8312
The DX90 with SR-71B and the latest lurker fw is getting scarily close to my big home rig. So lucky to have something this good for the at least 3 nights I spend away from home every week
post #7404 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel777 View Post
 

 

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-cowond2.pdf

post #7405 of 8312

:mad:

 

Bad news folks. My DX90 died! Gone! In three weeks.

 

It just died all of a sudden, right in the middle of Dream Theater track. I should see it coming thou. Couple of weeks back I posted my complain that I will not get even 3 hours of playtime. Suspected a lemon battery, so I bought a Samsung (Made and Assembled in Korea) battery. Same result, went thru several charge/discharge battery cycles, played with burn-in cable in LO, screen off all the time. No cigar.

 

I started to suspect that my DAP is internally drawing too much current (possibly leaking cap on power supply rail), but what threw me off that DAP didn't get warm, which typically happens with such a fault.

 

Just contacted the eBay seller whether he's going to honor his advertised warranty. I'd like to get it swapped for new item, IF he offers the refund then I may give Fiio X5 a try.

 

I pray that this will not turn into an endless saga. I was so excited with this player, HO SQ is really good and I was about to put a rockbox on it today. Oh well, have to wait and see how this will play out.

 

Cheers. 

post #7406 of 8312
Gapless don't work with moded FW frown.gif
post #7407 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lad27 View Post

mad.gif

Bad news folks. My DX90 died! Gone! In three weeks.

It just died all of a sudden, right in the middle of Dream Theater track. I should see it coming thou. Couple of weeks back I posted my complain that I will not get even 3 hours of playtime. Suspected a lemon battery, so I bought a Samsung (Made and Assembled in Korea) battery. Same result, went thru several charge/discharge battery cycles, played with burn-in cable in LO, screen off all the time. No cigar.

I started to suspect that my DAP is internally drawing too much current (possibly leaking cap on power supply rail), but what threw me off that DAP didn't get warm, which typically happens with such a fault.

Just contacted the eBay seller whether he's going to honor his advertised warranty. I'd like to get it swapped for new item, IF he offers the refund then I may give Fiio X5 a try.

I pray that this will not turn into an endless saga. I was so excited with this player, HO SQ is really good and I was about to put a rockbox on it today. Oh well, have to wait and see how this will play out.

Cheers. 
I hear ya, I just had my DX50 repaired from ibasso and it is up for sale and I to will be buying a X5!
post #7408 of 8312
I guess you guys could check out the dx90j

I need to hear some thoughts lol
post #7409 of 8312
Thread Starter 

It seems no matter how much something is checked, sometimes parts fail. I bought two NOS tubes from Upscale Audio. Fully tested and platinum grade, their best and expensive, about 260 for the two tubes and each tube is supposed to be listened to and burned in and then listened to for microphonics and for matching. . They are both microphonic and one picks up any vibration, including voice. So these are supposed to be cream of the crop Telefunken. You never know. They are warranted and that is life. Nothing humans make, that I know of, is perfect though we would like it to be so, I know I would like it more so. 


Edited by jamato8 - 7/27/14 at 8:59pm
post #7410 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

Gapless don't work with moded FW frown.gif

yeah gapless seen to cut abt 3 sec in to the first track... however with gapless off is like gapless on but with a 1 sec pause

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .