Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 461

post #6901 of 8209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgn58 View Post
 

Just received my DX90 yesterday as a replacement for my Cowon J3. Had two questions:

1. Does the latest firmware update, 2.1, truly fix the lag between the control buttons and selecting the next track? I miss how my Cowon would flick through tracks seamlessly, and thus far that hasn't been the case with the iBasso. The 2-3 second delay is driving me CRAZY.

2. Can someone post the USB DAC drivers? I'm using Windows 8 64 bit on my version 1 surface pro, but seeing as how the ibasso website is down, I can't access any of their downloads.

 

FWIW for anyone interested I spoke to easycgi last night circa 2am and was told ibassos website was temporarily taken down because it registered positive for "malicious content" and that ibasso had been contacted by them to rectify this. Might this have something to do with the false positives people were getting on antivirus software like Avast several pages ago?

I get zero lag. It seem to almost sense I am going to change songs, go forward or back or a different album. I would do the "factory reset" and see if that rectifies the problem but with the DX90, with cpu it uses, things are normally very fast. 

 

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Since upgrading to 2.1.0 you are right, there is a lag. Before there was none. I missed that. I will email iBasso since I am sure they want the response like it was before. And yes, I did a factory reset. :^)

 

iBasso's web site is back up. 


Edited by jamato8 - 7/10/14 at 3:23pm
post #6902 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I get zero lag. It seem to almost sense I am going to change songs, go forward or back or a different album. I would do the "factory reset" and see if that rectifies the problem but with the DX90, with cpu it uses, things are normally very fast. 

 

EDIT: I have to correct myself. Since upgrading to 2.1.0 you are right, there is a lag. Before there was none. I missed that. I will email iBasso since I am sure they want the response like it was before. And yes, I did a factory reset. :^)

 

iBasso's web site is back up. 

Lag and a super sensitive touch screen.

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #6903 of 8209

I'm good with it as is. May be a resources trade off for the latest sig.

post #6904 of 8209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

Lag and a super sensitive touch screen.

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

The sensitive screen I don't have. It is perfect for me. I can touch the screen and scroll. My Samsung 5s is more sensitive and aggravating. 


Edited by jamato8 - 7/10/14 at 4:42pm
post #6905 of 8209

Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it but it does seem to have gotten more sensitive since 2.05.

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #6906 of 8209

I haven't used it since the day I upgraded FW but casually, I didn't notice a difference in functionality from 05. I'm sure the lag is there as you guys mentioned. I think I would have noticed if it were more sensitive as 05 was very much so for me. I'd try a reload and reset if it's seems off.

post #6907 of 8209

I'll do a factory reset.  Maybe it's just me.

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #6908 of 8209
Thread Starter 

So I cued up a 64gb card via the OTG. Going from one song to the other or album to album, fast, just about as soon as I use the screen or forward or reverse screen. 

 

The files on the card in the DX90 are DSF files. I don't think it matter if hi res or not is used on going from one song or album regarding speed. But, on the OTG it is fast. 

 

 

Listening using the new FW. I find it pretty good. Nice and open, clean natural regarding the bass and high are not harsh and mids, well the male or female voice is believable. I think, I guess, it also depends upon your headphone. I use the TH900 Fostex and the ESW 10 Japan a lot. Every once in a while I break out the Ultrasone Ed. 9. 

post #6909 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


Yes, I did. I find that the improvement in mid and treble resolution improves the quality of the imaging. IMO, it is better-balanced tonally than previous version. Suits my ears and phones just fine.

 

Same here. I find 2.1 has the most neutral and balanced sound of the FWs so far. While the previous 2 has a warm overall sound with a bit of elavated bass. All of my phones sound like to have a bit more emphasis on the low end. With 2.1, each of my phones now sound more distinct according to tuning/FR. 

 

My Roxanne for example, now I get more range when adjusting the bass pot. Unlike in the previous FWs, I can only set it to 12 o'clock and anything more than that the bass sound so ridiculous and at 8 o'clock (mimimum) I can still hear plenty of bass.

post #6910 of 8209
Sorry for my silly question,but i wonder which dap/portable device has a decent coax out to feat hugo??
How is the dx90 feated to hugo by coax out,anyone experience it??
Edited by hotfever - 7/10/14 at 6:28pm
post #6911 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

If somebody interested, this is how I secure the extra SD card on my DX90:



Do u mind explaining how u did that and what case r u using
Thanks
post #6912 of 8209
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfever View Post

Sorry for my silly question,but i wonder which dap/portable device has a decent coax out to feat hugo??
How is the dx90 feated to hugo by coax out,anyone experience it?

The coax works great to the Chord Hugo and I use it all the time. I have used the coax that comes with the DX90 and I have a coax from Whiplash with a wire specially made for coax use that I use most all the time when using the DX90 as a transport. 

post #6913 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrego View Post
 

One bug I cannot get rid of in FW2.0.5 is the random "Pause-Resume-Pause" in playback. When it happens, I can hear it is actually "Fade out-Fade in-Fade out", similar to a single processor core is too busy handling the playback task and got "freezed" because it can receive no help from the other processor core.

 

I had never experienced this "Fade out-Fade in" bug until just this week.  All of a sudden, it has started happening to me.  Curiously, so far it has occurred only when playing back very long FLAC files (i.e. 80 minute to 110 minute long files).  These are primarily recordings I made myself, but haven't yet had time to edit into individual tracks. 

 

I'm still on firmware 2.0.0, but it's disappointing to learn the problem persists even on the newer firmware versions. 

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a Rockbox port cannot come fast enough for the DX90. 

post #6914 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj69 View Post

I had never experienced this "Fade out-Fade in" bug until just this week.  All of a sudden, it has started happening to me.  Curiously, so far it has occurred only when playing back very long FLAC files (i.e. 80 minute to 110 minute long files).  These are primarily recordings I made myself, but haven't yet had time to edit into individual tracks. 

I'm still on firmware 2.0.0, but it's disappointing to learn the problem persists even on the newer firmware versions. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - a Rockbox port cannot come fast enough for the DX90. 

I encountered the "Fade out - Fade in" bug 100% when using the DX90 on the go, when I either select an album or folder, press play button, put the DX90 in the pocket and just let it play. I have mostly flac files of 20-30MB size per track.

I never encounter the "Fade out - Fade in" bug when using the DX90 at home, when I almost always switch artist/album every 2 or 3 tracks during playback.

Base on experience above, I suspect the "Fade out - Fade in bug happens when the DX90 somehow encounter delay when reading the next batch of tracks into its buffer memory. File size is not a direct cause of it as I never experienced the bug when pressing FWD/RWD manually in a with a large 300MB Flac album file with cue sheet.

I think the bug has to do with the DX90' read ahead buffer logic.
post #6915 of 8209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

I'll do a factory reset.  Maybe it's just me.

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

The sensitive screen I don't have. It is perfect for me. I can touch the screen and scroll. My Samsung 5s is more sensitive and aggravating. 

mine no lag but sensitive

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .