Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 301

post #4501 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

I think I prefer the dx90 tuning over dx100 as the dx100 can be quite dry and sterile sounding. And the UI lags were also quite bad on dx100.

Any thoughts of the dx90 vs ak100 mk2 or ak120?
post #4502 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Any thoughts of the dx90 vs ak100 mk2 or ak120?

I prefer dx90 over ak100/mk2 and ak120. The ak120 is closer but dx90 provide a more neutral sig that I prefer over the darker ak120.
post #4503 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


I prefer dx90 over ak100/mk2 and ak120. The ak120 is closer but dx90 provide a more neutral sig that I prefer over the darker ak120.

Thank you kkcc.  I was wondering how the dx90 stacks up with those two.  I hope the 64bit drivers get release before the 15th which supposedly the drivers will get released around.

post #4504 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

I prefer dx90 over ak100/mk2 and ak120. The ak120 is closer but dx90 provide a more neutral sig that I prefer over the darker ak120.

Thanks for that! Just want to know how the SQ on each. But do you think youll still prefer the dx90 if theirs an amp added to the ak120? Will there be difference in terms of its sound signature?
post #4505 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Thanks for that! Just want to know how the SQ on each. But do you think youll still prefer the dx90 if theirs an amp added to the ak120? Will there be difference in terms of its sound signature?

Yes I would still prefer dx90 for the flatter FR and more transparency. Of course this is also dependent on the IEM. For very thin or bright sounding IEM, maybe they pair better with ak120. As I had already spend way too much on my iems, I feel the dx90 (and the ak240/hm901) allow me to maximize their performance.
post #4506 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Yes I would still prefer dx90 for the flatter FR and more transparency. Of course this is also dependent on the IEM. For very thin or bright sounding IEM, maybe they pair better with ak120. As I had already spend way too much on my iems, I feel the dx90 (and the ak240/hm901) allow me to maximize their performance.

Ow yah forgot to include the iem/headphone options but i got your points.

If you dont mind what iems do you think has a good synergy with the dx90?
post #4507 of 8259

has anyone in here compared the dx90 to the ak240 yet?

post #4508 of 8259
Hi, got a question to all of you lucky dx90 owners. How does it drive more challenging phones, like Q701 or K701 unamped?
post #4509 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by angstromer View Post

Hi, got a question to all of you lucky dx90 owners. How does it drive more challenging phones, like Q701 or K701 unamped?

I realize that this is a HUGE thread, but you could have done a bit of searching before posting. Impressions regarding your question have been posted multiple times. wink.gif

I personally use the DX90 with my Beyerdynamic DT-880/250-ohm and T1/600-ohm cans and feel no need or desire to use a separate amp. Others have posted the same regarding the Senn HD-800, AKG's and some of the Hifiman cans (including the OP).

Just beware that the DX90 is super detailed and airy on the top end (in a good way), but that might give you a clue as to which HP or IEMs would have good synergy, or not.
Edited by bbfoto - 5/4/14 at 1:40am
post #4510 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

has anyone in here compared the dx90 to the ak240 yet?

Yes. This has already been posted here a few times by kkcc and others, both here and in the "reviews and impressions" thread.
Edited by bbfoto - 5/4/14 at 1:49am
post #4511 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

I realize that this is a HUGE thread, but you could have done a bit of searching before posting. Impressions regarding your question have been posted multiple times. wink.gif

I personally use the DX90 with my Beyerdynamic DT-880/250-ohm and T1/600-ohm cans and feel no need or desire to use a separate amp. Others have posted the same regarding the Senn HD-800, AKG's and some of the Hifiman cans (including the OP).

Just beware that the DX90 is super detailed and airy on the top end (in a good way), but that might give you a clue as to which HP or IEMs would have good synergy, or not.

No need to scold or get testy. Oh, but I did search. No returns on Q701 or K701 so far. You do realize they are different from the HP you are talking about as the impedance is low but sensitivity is the issue here. This is the reason I asked about people's experiences with those two HP and not any other.
Your answer does shed some light so thanks a lot.
post #4512 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by angstromer View Post


No need to scold or get testy. Oh, but I did search. No returns on Q701 or K701 so far. You do realize they are different from the HP you are talking about as the impedance is low but sensitivity is the issue here. This is the reason I asked about people's experiences with those two HP and not any other.
Your answer does shed some light so thanks a lot.

I have paired the Dx90 with the Q701.

Hmm you cant say its well driven since the mid seems a bit recessed. But the high are not harsh and bass is there.

I'll do a more serious comparison when my Vali comes. Seems most of the users here satisfied the pairing of Vali and Q/K701.

post #4513 of 8259

Can't wait to compare my incoming DX90 to my ZX1. So far have only seen/read two people compare the two. I much preferred the ZX1 to the DX50 so should be interesting :P

post #4514 of 8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by angstromer View Post

No need to scold or get testy. Oh, but I did search. No returns on Q701 or K701 so far. You do realize they are different from the HP you are talking about as the impedance is low but sensitivity is the issue here. This is the reason I asked about people's experiences with those two HP and not any other.
Your answer does shed some light so thanks a lot.

Sorry mate, I was sure that I had seen at least one post regarding the K701 with the DX90. I'm fairly certain that several people have mentioned good synergy with the Shure SE-535 in your sig as well. Maybe it's from another forum I've been following...brain farts abound.
post #4515 of 8259
Guys! Whats a good brand of micro sd are you guys using? Is microSDHC compatible too..?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .