Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 30

post #436 of 7890
Some local DIYers was saying that there was not much room for mod with the DX50 mainly due to the 9V amp and the use of S3 battery. Did i send in my dx50 for two weeks hoping a 8741 can be put on but failed.
If you guys have influence on ibasso please try and lobby him to consider your suggestions.
post #437 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

If iBasso were to make DX90 sound almost as good as DX100 , it'd be as good as a killer blow to their flagship . It'll definitely sound better than DX50 , but not by much .

I have a sneaking suspicion that the DX90 will sound very, very close to the DX100. 

 

...but the DX100 won't remain the flagship forever. 

post #438 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

I have a sneaking suspicion that the DX90 will sound very, very close to the DX100. 

 

...but the DX100 won't remain the flagship forever. 

 



There goes your sneaky suspicions again .. er inside info perhaps? heheh.

Makes me think this is likely to happen now since you just laid it down the table. smily_headphones1.gif
post #439 of 7890
2014 is going to be the year of the DAPs and custom-to-universal IEMs :-P
post #440 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

There goes your sneaky suspicions again .. er inside info perhaps? heheh.

Makes me think this is likely to happen now since you just laid it down the table. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Seriously, I'm just making guesses based on what Ibasso has done in the past, their product lineup and what their competition has been up to. "Inside information" would require me to, you know, be on the inside :D

post #441 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

 

 

Seriously, I'm just making guesses based on what Ibasso has done in the past, their product lineup and what their competition has been up to. "Inside information" would require me to, you know, be on the inside :D

 I always assumed you were very small (aka the incredible shrinking audiophile) and actually lived inside the devices...

 

post #442 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim 
"Inside information" would require me to, you know, be on the inside biggrin.gif
You will just have to tell them what products to make, and they will make them. Is that not how it works or am i missing something?
post #443 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappo View Post

You will just have to tell them what products to make, and they will make them. Is that not how it works or am i missing something?

Well in that case... Dual dac, fully balanced 512gb DX200 coming soon.
post #444 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


Well in that case... Dual dac, fully balanced 512gb DX200 coming soon.

 

You forgot to mention low output impedance! :tongue_smile:

post #445 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

You forgot to mention low output impedance! tongue_smile.gif
That goes without saying for all competent DAP makers...
post #446 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


That goes without saying for all competent DAP makers...

 

Well, you'd think so, wouldn't ya?   LOL

 

If only...

 

 

BTW, I noticed that that overpriced abomination that's just been revealed at CES is 1 ohm OI, so it seems, in spite of their public protestations, they've finally decided to bite-the-bullet and go with something under 22 ohms 3 ohms. Pity their profit margin isn't also being reduced.

 

 

I still think there's hope for iBasso to make the effort to install a balanced option on the DX90, if enough folks make enough requests for it. Personally, it's not a major issue for me, but I can appreciate the merits of having it as an option.

post #447 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


Well in that case... Dual dac, fully balanced 512gb DX200 coming soon.


I just hope it's not going to start looking like the size of the DX100, somehow I find it to be a tad too big for my taste but I could tolerate something bigger than the DX50, basically if it starts looking like a brick, then I feel like throwing it instead of carrying it.:biggrin: 

post #448 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


I just hope it's not going to start looking like the size of the DX100, somehow I find it to be a tad too big for my taste but I could tolerate something bigger than the DX50, basically if it starts looking like a brick, then I feel like throwing it instead of carrying it.:biggrin: 

brick the DX-100 may be, but no more so than plenty of DAP/AMP combos

post #449 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

Well, you'd think so, wouldn't ya?   LOL

 

If only...

 

 

BTW, I noticed that that overpriced abomination that's just been revealed at CES is 1 ohm OI, so it seems, in spite of their public protestations, they've finally decided to bite-the-bullet and go with something under 22 ohms 3 ohms. Pity their profit margin isn't also being reduced.

 

 

I still think there's hope for iBasso to make the effort to install a balanced option on the DX90, if enough folks make enough requests for it. Personally, it's not a major issue for me, but I can appreciate the merits of having it as an option.

 

+1  I am already very satisfied with the DAC choice, having double dacs is even better, balanced is definitively nice but not a must have for me, I can plug my balanced amp and get something very satisfactory.

post #450 of 7890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post


Well in that case... Dual dac, fully balanced 512gb DX200 coming soon.


I would pay quite a good amount of money for it. Add nice amp section with minimum 10 hours of battery life: we have a winner.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .