Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 26

post #376 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


Porks live in parliaments = summary of pretty much every country " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/happy_face1.gif">. However this going way out of topic, I would suggest not to derail the anymore.

 

We have a nice info on dac chip implementation. How will be the power section of this device? Any info on output power?

 


Yes but our pigs stink over all. cool.gifwink_face.gif

Anyway,sorry about ot.
I know nothing about DX90,I found out it today reading this thread.I'm for the FiiO X5 but I follow DX90 at this point.
post #377 of 8247

DX90 or DX50 mod

post #378 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
 

DX90 or DX50 mod

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet :beerchug:

 

 

...now what the heck are you on about?

post #379 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet :beerchug:

 

 

...now what the heck are you on about?


Soren,

 

In Hong Kong, there are shops that provide mod service to DX50 (cost is around 115USD) detail below:

 

iBasso DX50 Mod ver.(3 Months Warranty)
1). Opamp to 49710 x 2pcs
2). Capacitance to nichicon kw audio series x 4pcs

 

source: http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/goods.php?id=3165

post #380 of 8247

What Dx50 mod? The DX 90 is not even out yet, how would we compare two dap at least one of which,  we don't even know since its not out yet

post #381 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Soren,

 

In Hong Kong, there are shops that provide mod service to DX50 (cost is around 115USD) detail below:

 

iBasso DX50 Mod ver.(3 Months Warranty)
1). Opamp to 49710 x 2pcs
2). Capacitance to nichicon kw audio series x 4pcs

 

source: http://www.mingo-hmw.com/home/goods.php?id=3165

Cool, I didn't know that! Would be fun to compare a stock DX50 with a modded one... 

post #382 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Cool, I didn't know that! Would be fun to compare a stock DX50 with a modded one... 


Since there are a few DAP coming up, I did not pursue with this mod. However, a more cost effective tweak that will be compatible with DX90 is to make use of a Japan cell Samsung S3 battery that gives an immediate effect to the sound output. Rudi showed me last night. I was very skeptical before but the result is immediate noticeable. He wants to claim it his own mod now. LoL He said "Please tell Head fi that I modded the DX50 myself". Good man.

post #383 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Since there are a few DAP coming up, I did not pursue with this mod. However, a more cost effective tweak that will be compatible with DX90 is to make use of a Japan cell Samsung S3 battery that gives an immediate effect to the sound output. Rudi showed me last night. I was very skeptical before but the result is immediate noticeable. He wants to claim it his own mod now. LoL He said "Please tell Head fi that I modded the DX50 myself". Good man.

 

Perhaps the Japanese pack has a lower internal resistance?

post #384 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

Perhaps the Japanese pack has a lower internal resistance?

 

That would do it, at least I've seen some amps that improved with the right set of batteries.  Used to run my original SR71 with low resistance batteries and they definitely sounded better than alkalines.   

post #385 of 8247

I remember someone in indonesia DIY community that said that the dx50 would be better served with a samsung s3 battery as it would produce more power or something along that line

post #386 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 

Yeah maybe by you saw the required on power and it is at least double the ES9018K2M so the chip is a power hungry one, the same that apparently sits in the DX100.

 

Now if the implementation is done right, this will be like the 8740 wolfson chip in a dual mode, that means it will have a better SNR when paired. So that should also help.

Will it sound better than the DX100 if the implementation is right ? 

post #387 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post
 

Will it sound better than the DX100 if the implementation is right ? 

 

 

I'm not an electronics engineer, but I'd venture to suggest that the amplification portion of the DAP might be at least as significant, in comparing the SQ of the DX90 vs DX100, given that the DX100 amp stage is (relatively-speaking) unusually decent.

 

Then again, if you happen to be a fan of external amping, then my point becomes moot.

post #388 of 8247

It's tough to tell, the above is like comparing the mod AK100 with the 8741 DAC versus the AK120 double 8740 DACS, which one sounds better? Although the dacs are closer to each other, the 8741 is supposedly superior but as was mentioned many times before implementation is everything, as experienced with the different 8740 based daps.

post #389 of 8247

Hopefully iBasso this time do give original Samsung battery instead of pisen brand, to save threads on battery brand vs. SQ 

post #390 of 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdie View Post
 

Hopefully iBasso this time do give original Samsung battery instead of pisen brand, to save threads on battery brand vs. SQ 

$5 says that if they did, there would be people claiming that production batch X of the genuine, Japan-made Samsung battery sounded far better than batch Y.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .