Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . .... - Page 14

post #196 of 8262
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

I think the ZX1 is proof that doesn't have to be the case. Good usable UI doesn't necessarily mean poor battery life, or bulky or poor SQ.

Good point. So what is the battery life of the ZX1. Of course there are so many other current sucking possibilities. The op amps, the 2 buffers, . . . . All in balance I guess, and what is most important in the final product. 

post #197 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I think the ZX1 is proof that doesn't have to be the case. Good usable UI doesn't necessarily mean poor battery life, or bulky or poor SQ.


the problem is whats the need for that huge screen??

 

when u cannot use the android for even playing games,etc due to a weak processor and low ram??

 

but,i understand that each person has different needs,personally i would want a good battery life over this big screen.

if u want to put such a screen then use a modern processor so that we can atleast use android properly,,not just for music to save battery life.

 

but hey,thats my opinion.everyone is different

post #198 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


 

 

if android anything than 1 gb ram will suck

 

I'm sure they wouldn't downgrade from the RK2926 in the DX50 (its a Cortex A9 1ghz single core clone). iBasso will upgrade the processing power for sure, and the DX50 is already fairly snappy with its single core running Android 4, so the DX90 will be great no doubt!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


the problem is whats the need for that huge screen??

 

when u cannot use the android for even playing games,etc due to a weak processor and low ram??

 

but,i understand that each person has different needs,personally i would want a good battery life over this big screen.

if u want to put such a screen then use a modern processor so that we can atleast use android properly,,not just for music to save battery life.

 

but hey,thats my opinion.everyone is different

 

 

Um, two very important uses of a big and higher res screen on a DAP for me are:

 

-So you can see more songs on the screen, meaning less time scrolling and more time listening.

 

-So you can forward to a specific part of a song or mix precisely and quickly rather than messing about.

 

Also the ZX1 does use a modern dual core, and I'm sure the DX90 will use a fairly modern and perfectly adequate dual core.

We have smart phones to play games and watch movies on, a DAP should just be a DAP, you just seem to feel a DAP doesn't need big screen real estate, but I prefer a larger screen on my DAP for ease of use.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 12/28/13 at 11:08pm
post #199 of 8262
Thread Starter 

Geez, and 2 months to wait. Gahh. . . . part of the debate I believe shows how informed some are. Good questions and possibilities. One thing I know for sure. . . the UI will be ready. lol 

post #200 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

I'm sure they wouldn't downgrade from the RK2926 in the DX50 (its a Cortex A9 1ghz single core clone). iBasso will upgrade the proccesing power for sure, and the DX50 is already fairly snappy with its single core running Android 4, so the DX90 will be great no doubt.


yes a9is pretty good

and dual core a9 will be pretty decent.

 

i just want android 4.4 as its way better than 4.0,u just need to see the difference in a cellphone with 1 gb ram,above 2 gb the diff is marginal though

post #201 of 8262

Ha, I was already thinking of getting a second DX50 to use as a secondary transport, for a few extra bucks I might have to look into this.

post #202 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


the problem is whats the need for that huge screen??

 

when u cannot use the android for even playing games,etc due to a weak processor and low ram??

 

but,i understand that each person has different needs,personally i would want a good battery life over this big screen.

if u want to put such a screen then use a modern processor so that we can atleast use android properly,,not just for music to save battery life.

 

but hey,thats my opinion.everyone is different

The battery life on the ZX-1 is over 20 hours playing hi-rez files according to Turok.    I think having a huge screen is great b/c I want an all-in-one device that also sound top class.  My experience with all of Sony top-of-the line DAPs have been excellent and the ZX-1 should go up another notch.  For reference, the previous flagship (Sony NW-F807) has better sound than my DX-50 when playing a standard lossless file.  This is purely on IEMs though as the Sony's amp section is weaker than both the X3 and DX50.   The DX-50 sounds better with hi-rez material b/c the older Sony has no support for hi-rez music.

 

I don't want to derail the thread, but you should check out Sony S-Master Pro (digital amp) technology.  I believe the current one is the 3rd iteration of their design. 

post #203 of 8262
I am sure the zx-1 sounds great but the price costs more than their xperia z tablet...a lot of people do not wish to spend a lot just for portable gear
post #204 of 8262
IIRC Rockbox still doesn't support anything above 16/48.
post #205 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

IIRC Rockbox still doesn't support anything above 16/48.


hmm,that looks like the real reason for the lack of support for x3 and other 24 bit players.thanks

post #206 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I am sure the zx-1 sounds great but the price costs more than their xperia z tablet...a lot of people do not wish to spend a lot just for portable gear

 

Sure its not cheap, but products that have no competition are never cheap, it is still currently the ONLY high fidelity DAP that has all these features: a large touch screen, fast, intuitive, feature rich UI, slim build, 128gb memory and 20-30hr battery life. The only DAP that will be challenging this title in the near future is the Calyx M, and maybe the AK140, both of which will also cost a lot as expected.

 

For many the above features count for a lot, and we are willing to pay the price :P


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 12/29/13 at 1:43am
post #207 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

Sure its not cheap, but products that have no competition are never cheap, it is still currently the ONLY high fidelity DAP that has all these features: a large touch screen, fast, intuitive, feature rich UI, slim build, 128gb memory and 20-30hr battery life. The only DAP that will be challenging this title in the near future is the Calyx M, and maybe the AK140, both of which will also cost a lot as expected.

For many the above features count for a lot, and we are willing to pay the price :P

Yup, whatever floats your boat. Its gd to have choices
post #208 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

Sure its not cheap, but products that have no competition are never cheap, it is still currently the ONLY high fidelity DAP that has all these features: a large touch screen, fast, intuitive, feature rich UI, slim build, 128gb memory and 20-30hr battery life. The only DAP that will be challenging this title in the near future is the Calyx M, and maybe the AK140, both of which will also cost a lot as expected.

 

For many the above features count for a lot, and we are willing to pay the price :P

Allow me to introduce you to my motto:

 

Buy the best and only cry once.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my CIEMs.

post #209 of 8262
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

 

Sure its not cheap, but products that have no competition are never cheap, it is still currently the ONLY high fidelity DAP that has all these features: a large touch screen, fast, intuitive, feature rich UI, slim build, 128gb memory and 20-30hr battery life. The only DAP that will be challenging this title in the near future is the Calyx M, and maybe the AK140, both of which will also cost a lot as expected.

 

For many the above features count for a lot, and we are willing to pay the price :P

But no expansion for memory and nowhere to go when it's full. I'm afraid that makes it a bit of a dead end for me...

post #210 of 8262

Quote:

Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


yes a9is pretty good

and dual core a9 will be pretty decent.

 

i just want android 4.4 as its way better than 4.0,u just need to see the difference in a cellphone with 1 gb ram,above 2 gb the diff is marginal though

I doubt you will see or feel any difference as a DAP only application. In a smartphone/multi-function device more memory makes sense. But that would unnecessarily increase BOM without tangible benefit in a DAP.

I'm also convinced that a dual-core processor is not necessary. In a very specific application like a DAP only device, I'd rather have them use a low power, good enough processor/SOC and strip the firmware/OS of unnecessary code and make it lean and light so it runs fast.

Throwing in multi-core processor is just overkill and encouraging their programmers to be lazy with their code

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I think the ZX1 is proof that doesn't have to be the case. Good usable UI doesn't necessarily mean poor battery life, or bulky or poor SQ.

 

Now only if ZX1 has SD card support, removable battery. Not to mention the price. I have not seen nor hear ZX1 yet but it's not actually small (Ok I'm nitpicking :tongue_smile:)

 

I will defintely visit a Sony store when it becomes available here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general information/instructions . . . . . . . . . .